PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mc Carron

cj's dad
04-05-2008, 09:47 AM
I saw him yesterday on TVG and with no disrespect intended,
he looks awful. Does anyone know if he's ill or just aging poorly?

Shenanigans
04-05-2008, 10:07 AM

I would say aging poorly. Putting the body through what most of these jockeys do, there aren't too many of them that look all that great when they start to get old. His fair complexion and being in the elements all those years probably didn't help either.

Marshall Bennett
04-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Never did look very healthy to me .

Grits
04-05-2008, 11:33 AM
He is fair, and, certainly, he looked small between Schrupp and Lyons. Still, I thought he did a fine job on his first day. Even with the admission--up front, "I'm not a handicapper", he added a great deal to the program.

A fine man who had many positive things to say about others, noting particularly, the hard work and the success of Robbie Albarado, who is involved in several charitable projects in Louisville. He was so pleased for him.

Aging's tough, it comes to us all; looks or brains, it shows no favoritism. It shows no mercy. We all get there.

Mr. Nobody
04-05-2008, 11:35 AM
I think he said on his TVG "Legends" conversation that he has a dyskinesia, generally a side effect of long term use of medications for some chronic conditions.

Tex9Down
04-05-2008, 02:04 PM
We saw him on TVG also yesterday and we also noticed how aged he looked.

rrbauer
04-05-2008, 09:57 PM
CJ (the other CJ) told me once that he "didn't bet no friggin' hosses". However, all those years of playing golf with guys like Don Pierce and Shoe and more recently Kent D. no doubt took its toll. Also, the Jockeys Guild fiasco must have been a gruelling experience for him. I didn't see the TVG piece but he was never overly complimentary of his competition when he was riding.

Bottom line is that getting old, SUCKS!

SaratogaSteve
04-06-2008, 12:11 AM
I saw him on TVG today - I thought he looked OK. Actually, he looked better today than he did the day Lady's Secret took a right turn at Saratoga...

BombsAway Bob
04-06-2008, 12:42 AM
I saw him on TVG today - I thought he looked OK. Actually, he looked better today than he did the day Lady's Secret took a right turn at Saratoga...
& they took over $120,000 in the show pool with them! If I remember correctly, the track was a sea of mud, & it was the first race of the day.
I look forward to Chris McCarron's opinions on TVG in the weeks to come.

SaratogaSteve
04-06-2008, 12:20 PM
& they took over $120,000 in the show pool with them! If I remember correctly, the track was a sea of mud, & it was the first race of the day.
I look forward to Chris McCarron's opinions on TVG in the weeks to come.

You sir, are correct. It was sloppy and an allowance race carded for her. The best part was my dad, brother and I loaded, loaded a somewhat significant amount of money into the place and show pool on a horse named Kamakura. Very satisfying score... :ThmbUp:

ManeMediaMogul
04-06-2008, 07:13 PM
I spoke to Chris at Keeneland today. I have known him for almost 30 years and I thought he looked great. Betcha if you saw him with a helmet and silks on, instead of balding and in a sportcoat, he'd look the same as always.

As usual, he was articulate and upbeat and he hasn't lost his winning smile.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2008, 02:13 AM
He looked pretty much as I expected him to look.

At 53, he ain't exactly a spring chicken anymore....

JustRalph
04-07-2008, 03:02 AM

That will make a bunch of board members feel better............... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2008, 03:39 AM
That will make a bunch of board members feel better............... :lol:Believe me, I thought about that before I hit the Submit Reply button....at 39, I ain't no spring chicken either....

There, feel better?

boomman
04-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Believe me, I thought about that before I hit the Submit Reply button....at 39, I ain't no spring chicken either....

There, feel better?

Mike: You mean that you just turned 39 for real???? If so, you ARE a spring chicken (compared to some of us) :D

Boomer

cj's dad
04-07-2008, 10:14 AM

I resemble that remark.

BombsAway Bob
04-07-2008, 11:47 AM
I resemble that remark.
"...NYUK, NYUK..NYUK...":lol: http://iamanomad.com/ (http://iamanomad.com/)

toetoe
04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
You mean he stood between those two carcasses and STILL looked bad ?

:faint: ... :eek: .

Kelso
04-07-2008, 02:30 PM

That will make a bunch of board members feel better............... :lol:

YEAH ... CLUCK YOU, PA!!

(Damned smart-ass kids.)

BlueShoe
04-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Only 53?Wow,to me thats YOUNG.

JustRalph
04-09-2008, 12:31 AM
....at 39, I ain't no spring chicken either....

There, feel better?

no, my knee hurts........ gotta dead nerve in my hip, the sciatica is a little worse today..........but my stomach feels ok..................

see what you have to look forward to? :lol:

PurplePower
04-09-2008, 01:25 AM
I spoke to Chris at Keeneland today. I have known him for almost 30 years and I thought he looked great. Betcha if you saw him with a helmet and silks on, instead of balding and in a sportcoat, he'd look the same as always.

As usual, he was articulate and upbeat and he hasn't lost his winning smile.
I worked with Chris for 16 months while I was writing the curriculum for the North American Racing Academy. He may have aged a couple of extra years experiencing the trials and tribulations of working with a state community college system administration AND learning the travails of teachers as he taught the first class of jockey wanna-bees and then started the second class last September. Even with all that, as MMM noted, he still has an upbeat attitude and smile. TV definitely is not kind to fall chickens. (And us winter ones don't even walk around the back of a TV camera.)

JustRalph
04-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Welcome back.............

PurplePower
04-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Welcome back.............
Yeah -- you just saying that!! (Thanks -- :D )

Spectacular Sid
04-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Chris is still carrying the burden of ruining the Jockeys Guild Association by leading the management overthrow and bringing in Gertmenian, which led to the bankruptcy of the organization. Eddie Arcaro is looking down from heaven and cursing Mccarron for what he did to the association Arcaro started.