PDA

View Full Version : Noel Michaels

shoelessjoe
04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Has anybody got his new book Players Angle Almanac?It sounds interesting as he points out different angles from specific tracks.

tleusin
04-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Where did you find the book? I drew a blank on a search and at Amazon.

shoelessjoe
04-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I was sent an ad by mail for it.

cj
04-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I can't speak to the book, but his Siro's presentations are pretty weak.

bigmack
04-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Endless pursuit of published angles seems a pastime for some. Sans a recommended "buy" would you not engage?

Live it up. Buy it, read it, sell it on Ebay, & be the first to report back on your findings. We can't all buy things off the vouching of others.

Break ground once, Joewithoutshoes.

shoelessjoe
04-04-2008, 10:00 PM

If you would have bothered to read instead of just writing nonsense I had started a thread on Jim Lehane's book Calibration Handicapping the Next Level .Which I bought without anyone's recommendation and gave it a big thumbs up also did the same with Fast and Fit Horses by Bob Heyburn.

I love guys like you who think they know everything but actually know nothing at all.

FUGITIVE77
04-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Here's a link to Noel's book, let's hope it's better than the last one.

http://www.nationalracemasters.com/HHbookDetail.asp?id=327

richrosa
04-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Noel runs Player Development for Nassau County, NY OTB. He's always at the Race Palace in Plainview, NY, which I've written about here as a fantastic OTB.

Noel runs a good handicapper contest schedule for Nassau OTB, and has written a book about handicapping contests that I purchased. The book had some insight into contest play that I hadn't considered, and was full of statistical-type information about when and where contests are held.

I have not read his new book.

Tipster1
04-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Endless pursuit of published angles seems a pastime for some. Sans a recommended "buy" would you not engage?

Live it up. Buy it, read it, sell it on Ebay, & be the first to report back on your findings. We can't all buy things off the vouching of others.

As I just posted under Pops and Tips subject how someone is selling their entire collection of old paper/pencil racing systems on Ebay. This been going on for the past couple of weeks and most of these systems being listed I never heard of. Almost all of these items sold during this time and some brought in decent prices. Plus so many more get listed almost everyday. As I asked about in the other thread ever hear of the Tarmel Handicapping Club? Some of their sytems sold already but more still on.

Donnie
04-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Tipster-
Can't speak of the Tarmel collection, but I bought an old system a short while ago that had a rule in it that I incorporated into my 'capping and it has done wonders for my contender selection process. And some times you find a real jewel in the ones that are sold as a lot. While many a system may never work, nuts and bolts within those systems may hold some validity.

bigmack
04-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I bought an old system a short while ago that had a rule in it that I incorporated into my 'capping and it has done wonders for my contender selection process.
Publicly peel the skin from that orange, Donnie. We'll keep it on the QT and make a little juice.

cnollfan
04-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Here's a link to Noel's book, let's hope it's better than the last one.

http://www.nationalracemasters.com/HHbookDetail.asp?id=327

Can you briefly say what you didn't like about the last one? I got the same promo for the new book in the mail and was curious about it. It looks like Michaels has left DRF for greener pastures?

boomman
04-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Noel runs Player Development for Nassau County, NY OTB. He's always at the Race Palace in Plainview, NY, which I've written about here as a fantastic OTB.

Noel runs a good handicapper contest schedule for Nassau OTB, and has written a book about handicapping contests that I purchased. The book had some insight into contest play that I hadn't considered, and was full of statistical-type information about when and where contests are held.

I have not read his new book.

Even though I haven't read Noel's most recent book, I have known Noel for years (he is a great guy) and even did a book signing along side him @ Hawthorne a few years ago. I agree with Rich that his guide to Handicapping Tournaments was EXCELLENT, and well written. Best of luck Noel with the new work..........:ThmbUp:

Boomer

FUGITIVE77
04-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Can you briefly say what you didn't like about the last one? I got the same promo for the new book in the mail and was curious about it. It looks like Michaels has left DRF for greener pastures?

It is geared for beginners. You can read the whole book over a cup of coffee and it will still be hot when you finish.