PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Helfman Formula Software?

rebrick99
04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the helfman Formula software. I have
a copy but dont know how to use the program effectively. Would appreciate
any help i can get.

rokitman
04-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Sounds very sexy. And this blurb is genius marketing by the doc: "The secret of handicapping is to look for the horse who runs the fastest the slowest." - Edwin L. Helfman M.D.

This http://www.vegashorseracing.com/ the only place I found anything and I aint optimistic about getting help there.

Fingal
04-06-2008, 12:40 PM
"The secret of handicapping is to look for the horse who runs the fastest the slowest." - Edwin L. Helfman M.D.

I would figure that he's talking about race friction & how most horses slow down as they run, that the secret is to find the horse who can run fast early & hasn't expended all it's energy in the 1st part of the race so it has enough left for a stretch kick. :confused:

rokitman
04-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I would figure that he's talking about race friction & how most horses slow down as they run, that the secret is to find the horse who can run fast early & hasn't expended all it's energy in the 1st part of the race so it has enough left for a stretch kick. :confused:I suspect that you might be giving the doc too much credit, Fin. I'd bet that your statement has much more insight than you'd find in Dr. Dingleballs work.

fight
04-07-2008, 10:04 AM
:ThmbDown: not worth buying. i did

upthecreek
07-06-2015, 05:38 PM
I just found I had this software buried in a box,but no paper work with it. If any one can help me out with what all the #'s mean etc or have a manual or user guide I'd appreciate it Thanks

rebrick99
07-06-2015, 06:01 PM
The helfman program has the helfman predict and helfman gold. The predict is early speed program. The helfman gold is the horses that are good closers. If playing sprints use the predict and on routes use helfman gold. Helfman says try at your track and see what works. Some tracks favor front runners and others favor closers. I found the program to be a hit and miss mostly miss.