PDA

View Full Version : Who anwsers the phone at 3am?

Tom
04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I hope it's not this guy! :eek:

Dave Schwartz
04-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Obama cannot be elected.

Here is my reasoning...

In recent past years a common quote was, "Democrats are out of touch with
America." As such, the democratic party moved slightly toward the right.
Even Hillary became more moderate.

Obama is perceived as the "most liberal candidate in history." This simply
will not fly.

IMHO, if the Dems go with Obama we will have (at least) 4 more years of Repubs.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Hank
04-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Obama cannot be elected.

Here is my reasoning...

In recent past years a common quote was, "Democrats are out of touch with
America." As such, the democratic party moved slightly toward the right.
Even Hillary became more moderate.

Obama is perceived as the "most liberal candidate in history." This simply
will not fly.

IMHO, if the Dems go with Obama we will have (at least) 4 more years of Repubs.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave I must say I think your logic is flawed in that those who would perceive him as you suggest would not be voting dem under any circumstances anyway.Although I do agree he is not electable due primarily to latent racism.

GaryG
04-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I do agree he is not electable due primarily to latent racism.Of course this will be his excuse. An unqualified candidate is beaten because he is unqualified, although, since he is (half) black, the reason is racism. As has been noted here before, if he were white nobody would have heard of him outside Illinois.

Hank
04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Of course this will be his excuse. An unqualified candidate is beaten because he is unqualified, although, since he is (half) black, the reason is racism. As has been noted here before, if he were white nobody would have heard of him outside Illinois.

"Qualified" qualifications are rarely what decide these things,I mean come on W got elected twice,I guess his glowing resume made all the difference.I mean no insult with the above opinion,just know how the game is played.If poor old Barry gets the Nod by nov he will be Malcom X ,Heuy Newton and Nat Turner rolled into one and was a member of the mau mau to boot.The rightwing attact machine can be counted upon to take the low road.Ask John Mcain a great american imop how they viciously hacked him up in 2000 to make sure the PNAC puppet W got the nod.

Hank
04-04-2008, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=GaryG]Of course this will be his excuse. An unqualified candidate is beaten because he is unqualified, although, since he is (half) black, the reason is racism. As has been noted here before, if he were white nobody would have heard of him outside Illinois.[/QUOT

Oh yea I forgot your "if he were white nobody would have heard of him outside of Illinois" opinion is a clear example of the latent racism I was refering to.Mr. Obama is clearly an outstanding orator, has a great educational backround, is charismatic and personable.But none of this factored into his success, his race was all that mattered.But race Won't be a factor in the election.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OTM Al
04-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Another fake picture.
Another fake politician.
Of course he isn't a NY politician, so maybe there is a hope....

Dave Schwartz
04-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Dave I must say I think your logic is flawed in that those who would perceive him as you suggest would not be voting dem under any circumstances anyway.

There is some number of voters "in the middle" who go one way or another in any election. My (uneducated) guess is something in the neighborhood of 30%.

They will decide who gets elected.

If he is perceived as "the most liberal in history" I do not believe he has a chance with them.

Although I do agree he is not electable due primarily to latent racism.

That would be another issue entirely. I would hope that is not the case but it certainly is possible.

If he loses either the candicy or the election that will certainly be the claimed reason.

Just my opinion.

Dave Schwartz

Robert Goren
04-05-2008, 01:10 AM
If this ecomony doesn't turn around fast a yellow dog could run as a democrat and win. McCain even admits doesn't have clue about.