PDA

View Full Version : ADW handles...PTC and others

NoCal Boy
04-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Oregon lists the handles for all ADW's by quarter and year. Is there somewhere that we can see the handle of PTC and others not based out of Oregon? It would be interesting to see how these other ADW's are faring as well. We all believe that Ian is doing a great job and PTC is growing very well, but what does that mean in terms of actual handle?

NoCal Boy
04-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Anyone? Does North Dakota release the numbers publicly? If not, why not? It just would be nice to see how well all the popular ADW's are doing versus each other.

alydar
04-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Contact the North Dakota Racing Commision

lamboguy
04-06-2008, 03:06 PM
after you make your bet and the feds come in and bust your door down, call us up and we will all pitch in with your bail money. ask canbet if they will help you with your bail money when you get popped.

the government is not gonna let you get away with betting offshore no more.

richrosa
04-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Anyone? Does North Dakota release the numbers publicly? If not, why not? It just would be nice to see how well all the popular ADW's are doing versus each other.

Most of the ADW's are public company. After taking a company public two years ago, I can see why IPO's are way down. There are just some things that are better left private for customers and good marketing to interpret, such as revenue, profits, and methods of doing business.

NoCal, I'm just curious as to why you want to know those kind of numbers. Are you in the business?

Murph
04-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Most of the ADW's are public company. After taking a company public two years ago, I can see why IPO's are way down. There are just some things that are better left private for customers and good marketing to interpret, such as revenue, profits, and methods of doing business.

NoCal, I'm just curious as to why you want to know those kind of numbers. Are you in the business?Yeah Rich, as a citizen of California he is in the business much like I am as a citizen of Indiana. Revenue, profit and business methods should be protected information.

An ADW functions as a tax collector for the state though and the handle figures are relevant to every citizen. Under influence of FIA rules, I would think anyone can request this information and get it one day. It should be publicly available (if it is not already) IMO.

Murph

richrosa
04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah Rich, as a citizen of California he is in the business much like I am as a citizen of Indiana. Revenue, profit and business methods should be protected information.

An ADW functions as a tax collector for the state though and the handle figures are relevant to every citizen. Under influence of FIA rules, I would think anyone can request this information and get it one day. It should be publicly available (if it is not already) IMO.

Murph

I'm not sure that FIA rules would apply to a state licensed entity. Isn't that a Federal law? Either way, as usual we businessmen lose more of our liberty each day with government oversight. I hope this kind of information stays private, for if it does not, then PTC might as well go public and bear that scrutiny, or move to Dubai like every other business that feels overtly regulated or scrutinized.

trigger
04-08-2008, 11:04 AM

NoCal, I'm just curious as to why you want to know those kind of numbers. Are you in the business?

And how is a stockholder(part owner of your company) supposed to assess your/his company's performance with out revenue and profit numbers?