PDA

View Full Version : RACESNAPSHOT.COM

Doug
02-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Looks like an interesting report service.

Pace figures of the race compared to par. Key races. Break comments, class rating and a few other factors.

Looks like an introduction type deal, but for now It seems to be free.

Would have to use with DRF for now, but they promise running lines in the future.

For west coast tracks only. (At least for now)

Don't know how good the figures are. I kind of like the par idea, key race idea and the break comments.

Worth looking at anyways.

Anybody use this? Or any comments about what you think if you do check it out?

Doug

Derek2U
02-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Thanks for racesnap ... how did you know of it? It was an OK
page, but maybe I'm a perfectionast but it could have done more
informative.

so.cal.fan
02-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Who publishes it, Doug?
I couldn't find anything about whose site it is.

http://www.racesnapshot.com/

Doug
02-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Don't know anything about them.

I saw an ad in the DRF western addition. Looked kind of interesting so I checked it out.

Seems to me they might be working on a more informative report as time goes by.

I scoped out a couple of races at SA for today (2-12-03) and I think they had a couple of key race winners that paid fairly decent.

After figuring out how to read the report I went back to see todays races and they had already been taken off and races for Thursday up.

Hell, as long as it is free probably won't hurt to kind of scope it out. I am quite sure they will be charging for these reports in the near future, but if interested you can check it out for a bit to see if they are worth messing with.

Although I am not a fan of fractional or final times (adjusted or not), but the concept of pars does seem interesting for projecting key races. I am also very interested in the break comments.

Have to use the DRF with the reports to see how the horse ran against the pars at the present time, but hey, maybe thats a good thing.

Doug

Derek2U
02-12-2003, 10:47 PM
I didnt learn how 2 read their output. Lets face it maybe i'm
just superficial but why cant they cater 2 my denominator.
That shows poor business judgment from them .. do u think so?

Doug
02-12-2003, 11:11 PM
DEREK2U,

I agree. As a matter of fact I think all report services and software programs should cater to you denominators.

All of them should at least take a course in Business 101. How rude of them.

If I find a way to contact these suckers I will sure give them"what for".

Doug