PDA

View Full Version : TSN autodownloader

chickenhead
04-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Does anyone here have a procaps and xrd auto downloader they'd care to make public? It's kind of sickening when you think about the duplication of effort that goes on, there are probably several hundred regular and sometime posters just on this site that are TSN users that have to spend time each day just downloading this stuff.

If there isn't one presently available, anyone else care to kick in to have one done that can we can distribute to whoever wants it?

cj
04-03-2008, 01:24 PM
In Firefox, there is an extension called "Download them All" that works perfectly for these kinds of tasks.

chickenhead
04-03-2008, 01:31 PM
I was thinking more like a task running in the background, so even if I was away for a couple weeks I'd be certain I wouldn't have to worry about it. Or even if I was around, I wouldn't have to bother going to the website.

chickenhead
04-03-2008, 02:03 PM
you're right tho, I need to look at the downloaders that are available to see if any can be set up to work like I want.

this one looks promising

http://www.download.com/Internet-Download-Manager/3000-2071_4-10071618.html?tag=toprated

I'll look at download them all again also.

cmoore
04-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I added that program called DownThemAll to firefox. Thanks CJ..That makes it so much easier. Now I'm going to build models for all tracks instead of just a few.

chickenhead
04-03-2008, 04:05 PM
did you figure out how to schedule it? I didn't see it in the Manager Preferences.

This one looks a little more full featured, also free.

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/screenshots.htm

cmoore
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Type firefox add ons in your search engine..DownThemAll add on is on the 2nd or 3rd page. Install it and firefox will restart. When you go to tsnhorse, right click a procaps files and click save link with DownThemAll..All 166 files were downloaded in less then 40 seconds. Now that's a time saver..

chickenhead
04-03-2008, 05:16 PM
When you go to tsnhorse, right click a procaps files and click save link with DownThemAll..All 166 files were downloaded in less then 40 seconds. Now that's a time saver..

Wouldn't it be a bigger timesaver to not have to do anything at all? If all the files were just on your computer when you woke up in the morning? That's what I'm talking about.

cj
04-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I added that program called DownThemAll to firefox. Thanks CJ..That makes it so much easier. Now I'm going to build models for all tracks instead of just a few.

You can modify the filters to only get the days you want pretty easily. There is no need to download all 100+ every day.

GameTheory
04-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Does anyone here have a procaps and xrd auto downloader they'd care to make public? It's kind of sickening when you think about the duplication of effort that goes on, there are probably several hundred regular and sometime posters just on this site that are TSN users that have to spend time each day just downloading this stuff.

If there isn't one presently available, anyone else care to kick in to have one done that can we can distribute to whoever wants it?I made one a long time ago for someone on this board. I'll have to dig it up and see if it works. Someone reading this may be still using it. It wouldn't run automatically in the background, but you only had to push one button a day. It would be easy to make one that did run in the background though...that's how I download all my files, I never think about downloading until it breaks...

headhawg
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
GT, could your program be set up in a .bat file? chickenhead could then run Windows Task Scheduler (or some equivalent) to execute the batch file at 7 A.M. or whenever so he doesn't even have to click a button. :)

Pace Cap'n
04-03-2008, 07:17 PM
I made one a long time ago for someone on this board. I'll have to dig it up and see if it works. Someone reading this may be still using it. It wouldn't run automatically in the background, but you only had to push one button a day. It would be easy to make one that did run in the background though...that's how I download all my files, I never think about downloading until it breaks...

I have an app you sent me long ago called "chartget". I never used it. Is that it?

GameTheory
04-03-2008, 07:19 PM
GT, could your program be set up in a .bat file? chickenhead could then run Windows Task Scheduler (or some equivalent) to execute the batch file at 7 A.M. or whenever so he doesn't even have to click a button. :)Actually, now that I think about it I think I put in a command-line "no interface" mode where it just runs, yes. I actually thought I had given the thing to chickenhead already -- must have been someone else. Rokitman, perhaps? Larry Hamilton originally paid me to make it. What happened to him? (Dead?)

I will dig it up and see if it works -- except I can't cause I don't have a TSN or BRIS account. Chickenhead, email me...we'll test it with your account.

chickenhead
04-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I think the forces of darkness put the juke move on chartget.

GameTheory
04-03-2008, 07:20 PM
I have an app you sent me long ago called "chartget". I never used it. Is that it?No, that was for now defunct Equibase HTML charts. You can delete that...

rokitman
04-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Actually, now that I think about it I think I put in a command-line "no interface" mode where it just runs, yes. I actually thought I had given the thing to chickenhead already -- must have been someone else. Rokitman, perhaps? Larry Hamilton originally paid me to make it. What happened to him? (Dead?)

I will dig it up and see if it works -- except I can't cause I don't have a TSN or BRIS account. Chickenhead, email me...we'll test it with your account.
I do have that. But I moved over to HTR and haven't used it in quite a while, so I don't know if it still works.

chickenhead
04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
anyone present or future wants a copy of this, go here:

TSN and BRIS Grabber (Link removed at request of author)

Thanks GT!

GameTheory
04-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Jumped the gun there CH -- who's program is this?

It hasn't even been tested on a BRIS account (in years, anyway). So if anyone is interested, please PM me directly (especially if you have a BRIS account, I'd like you to test it.) I'll put it up on my own server shortly if there is interest...

chickenhead
04-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Jumped the gun there CH -- who's program is this?

I thought I basically asked for permission to distribute and make it public in my original post, sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean for anything to get weird about it, I apologize.

PA, delete that link please.

GameTheory
04-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Anybody is welcome to it, but I just want to make doubly sure it is ready for prime-time, and make sure I don't get blamed when someone sets it up wrong and it downloads a whole mess of $14-a-pop files by accident.

So, if you want it right away, send me a PM and I'll send it to you. (And I'll be wanting feedback from you after you try it.) I'll clean up the documentation a little bit and put it up on my server for anyone to download in a day or two.

To be clear what we're talking about, this is a program that allows "one-button" downloading of pay files from BRIS (I think -- needs testing) or TSN (seems to work fine). So if for instance you download .pcs and .xrd files from TSN daily, it can do that for you. Even if you don't download daily, it can act as an easy interface -- download all the files for one day just by checking off that day and hitting a button. It can also be run in a command-line mode in the background with a task scheduler (no GUI) -- just set it to run every 24 hours and your files will be waiting for you. You can set it to download all tracks or just a user-defined subset.

CH -- what OS do you have? It hasn't been used on Vista as far as I know, which can cause random problems with some programs. That's another test to be done...

chickenhead
04-11-2008, 09:15 PM
No Vista here, I'm on 2000.

BeatTheChalk
04-12-2008, 12:08 AM
anyone present or future wants a copy of this, go here:

TSN and BRIS Grabber (http://tbredresearch.blogspot.com/2008/04/automate-your-tsn-and-bris-downloads.html)

Thanks GT!

It says " Not found " help :bang:

GameTheory
04-12-2008, 02:13 AM
It says " Not found " help :bang:Uhh...keep reading the thread after that point...

GameTheory
04-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Ok, you can now download the program at:

www.dvdsaurus.com/robograb/robograb.zip

Unzip to a new directory and read the "readme.txt" file...

stuball
04-13-2008, 09:22 AM
thought since I have Vista I would test out your program.
tried it and got an error the read

Invalid path in robograb_filetypes.txt
c:\edit_this/

Just a heads up ...I already use the one from equibase
have to check off each track with that one..I have been know to miss ...rarely

Thanks

Stuball

Bruddah
04-13-2008, 12:02 PM
That is something I would be willing to pay for. Is there, or can there be such a thing? :ThmbUp:

chickenhead
04-13-2008, 12:04 PM
thought since I have Vista I would test out your program.
tried it and got an error the read

Invalid path in robograb_filetypes.txt
c:\edit_this/

Just a heads up ...I already use the one from equibase
have to check off each track with that one..I have been know to miss ...rarely

Thanks

Stuball

you have to change "edit this" to the path you want the files downloaded to.

GameTheory
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I tested it on Vista yesterday -- works fine. As CH noted, you're getting that error Stuball because you didn't configure it before you ran it...

dartman51
04-13-2008, 11:40 PM
That is something I would be willing to pay for. Is there, or can there be such a thing? :ThmbUp:

Try this link..Click on Free Software Utilities for Handicappers. Then click on FileGrabber. This program is great. I've been using it for years. You can set it up to download to any folder you want. It works with TSN or BRIS. It will also get the xrd files.

http://www.thorotech.com/index2.html

GameTheory
04-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Try this link..Click on Free Software Utilities for Handicappers. Then click on FileGrabber. This program is great. I've been using it for years. You can set it up to download to any folder you want. It works with TSN or BRIS. It will also get the xrd files.

http://www.thorotech.com/index2.html

Now you tell us. Actually, I knew about that program but had forgotten. Now you have a choice...

chickenhead
04-14-2008, 01:12 AM
I've used that before. There is no easy way to automate that, so far as I could tell (for us non-programmers anyway). You have to push buttons, lots of them.

Anyone using that should try GT's, and set up Windows Scheduler. It's not really even close.