PDA

View Full Version : Pyro in fast work ?

Norm
04-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Pyro ran 6F in 1:14 3/5 on Monday. Sounds fast, but Keeneland is a fake surface. Are speeds unnaturally fast on that track ? I don't follow Keeneland. It's an impressive workout, maybe ?

jonnielu
04-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Pyro ran 6F in 1:14 3/5 on Monday. Sounds fast, but Keeneland is a fake surface. Are speeds unnaturally fast on that track ? I don't follow Keeneland. It's an impressive workout, maybe ?

Nice to know that he is not hanging in the pasture, getting fat and losing muscle tone. Good to see that he worked 6f. Other then that, there isn't much there if you didn't see the work.

You'd want to see how he went, how he moved, did he gallop 2 miles first, was he one with the surface. Did he carry the rider as if a nuisance, or did they blend together as if Pyro was unaware that he was lugging anyone.

That sort of thing is the meat of the work.

jdl

rgustafson
04-01-2008, 08:36 PM

Don't think I would call a work like this fast on any track surface by a horse of his stature (Graded Stakes winner), but if you would like to see an interesting video of the work, go to the Keeneland website.

JustRalph
04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
http://mfile.akamai.com/29874/wmv/keeneland.download.akamai.com/29871/PYROMarch312008.asx

Keeneland is a class act.............you not only get some of the work.......you can watch him take a bath

I think the March 24th work video is more telling............

Grits
04-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Now and then, I think back, and I know what got me into this sport. This morning, I'm fortunate to see that realization in action.

Watching Pyro's workout videos, in the quiet, before daybreak, and being able to hear his breathing when I'm 10 hours from Keeneland . . . is extraordinary to me. Not the usual video, to say the least.

Its Springtime. Its time to go back to Kentucky, back to Keeneland where I've sat in the grandstand with binoculars every morning for days on end.

Horseplaying can cause one to become quite jaded. It is good to go back to the base of it all. Watching a racehorse work. Watching one run.

Keeneland is one of the best places in the world to see horses do what they do best.

Thanks to you guys that posted the link, you've helped get my day off to a fine start! I'm grateful.

JustRalph
04-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Now and then, I think back, and I know what got me into this sport. This morning, I'm fortunate to see that realization in action.

Watching Pyro's workout videos, in the quiet, before daybreak, and being able to hear his breathing when I'm 10 hours from Keeneland . . . is extraordinary to me. Not the usual video, to say the least.

Its Springtime. Its time to go back to Kentucky, back to Keeneland where I've sat in the grandstand with binoculars every morning for days on end.

Horseplaying can cause one to become quite jaded. It is good to go back to the base of it all. Watching a racehorse work. Watching one run.

Keeneland is one of the best places in the world to see horses do what they do best.

Thanks to you guys that posted the link, you've helped get my day off to a fine start! I'm grateful.

You are welcome. They still do "breakfast with the works" where you can watch workouts and eat a traditional rib sticker of a breakfast. I thought it was great. :ThmbUp:

Maxspa
04-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Grits,
Fine, well written synopsis on Keenland Racing! I feel disappointment not attending breakfast at the track this year and particularly will miss the comraderie our group exhibited during last year's get together!
Keep us informed!
Maxspa

JustRalph
04-03-2008, 11:20 PM
http://mfile.akamai.com/29874/wmv/keeneland.download.akamai.com/29871/track_kitchen02.asx

Breakfast........at Keeneland

http://mfile.akamai.com/29874/wmv/keeneland.download.akamai.com/29871/breakfast_works_fix.asx