PDA

View Full Version : X-Minus-1

Wickel
04-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Just received the latest software offer from RPM titled "X-Minus-1." It's a Tom Console product and says all the testing was done by Len C. I didn't want to interrupt the Pops & Tips thread, so if you have any spare time Len, maybe you can give us the lowdown on this one.

John
04-02-2008, 10:34 AM
According to flier,If you own the TIPS program, A top tip horse and one of the top two X-MINUS-10 horses is a good bet.

What does X-MINUS-10 of what... mean.???

:) :) :)

cloud9
04-02-2008, 11:48 AM
I got the flier too and just like all the other fliers I get from that place its always the best , the greatest , the most fantastic . the most winiest , nothing comes close , the most fabulous program on the planet . I guess it will be the best until their next flier comes out in a few months . PS I do like tips though .

Profiler8
04-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi,

I have an old ad about the method (pen and paper).
The advert looks great. It will give a rating for every horse, I think.
But ratings methods produces most of the time low odds, so it it difficult to win in my opinion. Does anybody have expierence with the software or method?

Thanks...

Greetings
Tim

Wickel
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Both Tom Console and Len C. post in this forum. Wish they'd chime in.

John
04-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Both Tom Console and Len C. post in this forum. Wish they'd chime in.

Looking at the flier's screen shot.There is nothing there about the "PRIME PLAY" that Tom mention. Also there is a button "Special play" under the button is " MMMMMM Favorite play " What is that about ???

Maybe take three MM'S and call me in the morning.....

Come on Tom and Len, Lets have some things explained. I am easy... I will buy.

Lefty
04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
John, X is clm price, minus 1 is at least 1 lvl drop.

John
04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
John, X is clm price, minus 1 is at least 1 lvl drop.

Thanks Lefty,

I think I get it.....You start with a number, lets say 10 and then as you find negative factors you subtract. Finally you will come up with a number for each horse [ I am just guessing ] That's the way they do it gymnastics,

Lefty
04-04-2008, 11:55 AM
He uses pace and everything else with the method and does send the complete rules if you want to do morework by hand(uggh)but bottom line you can do races quickly just using the software as he reduces ea horse to a rating number.
He says this:
"Now the X-Minus-1 title of the system is simply the best plays come in races where X=equals horse's last race claiming price and, minus 1 a drop of at least 1 level in class. The original method restricted the player to races where a classdropper qualified as a top play. And, overall, this still gets the best results. However, I have modified the rules a bit to make most races playable without the necessity of a class drop. "
He goes on to say that ROI will be a bit higher with class drop and he includes complete rules for players that want to do more work.

Triopstor
09-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I just looked at buying X-MINUS-1 system 40 minutes ago from:http://www.nationalracemasters.com/HHbookDetail.asp?id=386

My question is: Does the paper & pencil instructions come with the software?

Interestingly, I decided to purchase Pandy's class drop version THE PRO SIMULCAST SYSTEM first. I like the idea that Pandy said that was he's very best, a class drop collection of systems, and that this was validated by a computer data base.

Was on sale here at ebay.com:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180402220591&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sincerely Triopstor.

Tom Barrister
09-10-2009, 12:34 AM
"Now the X-Minus-1 title of the system is simply the best plays come in races where X=equals horse's last race claiming price and, minus 1 a drop of at least 1 level in class. The original method restricted the player to races where a classdropper qualified as a top play. And, overall, this still gets the best results. However, I have modified the rules a bit to make most races playable without the necessity of a class drop. "
He goes on to say that ROI will be a bit higher with class drop and he includes complete rules for players that want to do more work.

So in other words, he modified the rules so that the compulsive gamblers and dreamers (who are probably 95% of his market, who have to be in action in every race, and who have the patience of gnats) could rationalize a play every race.

The last I checked my database, class-droppers get overbet. I don't understand how the method can produce a postive ROI, let alone be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but since I haven't actually tested it, I won't flat-out say that it doesn't work.

I'd lay good odds against it working as well as is claimed, though.