PDA

View Full Version : A Must-See video

Dave Schwartz
04-01-2008, 01:22 AM
"How Modern Liberals Think"

eaE98w1KZ-c

HUSKER55
04-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks Dave. I listened to it all and so should everyone else.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

JustMissed
04-01-2008, 08:43 AM
"How Modern Liberals Think"

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c

Pretty neat Dave, showing that boring video as a 'Must See'.

You have a great sense of humor.

JM :D

Rook
04-01-2008, 12:37 PM
It is a tremendous link Dave. :ThmbUp: There is a profound truth in almost every minute. I am going to encourage many people in my life to watch it.

Greyfox
04-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Lots of food for thought. Thank you. I really have to do some thinking over some of my own "blind spots." We probably all have them. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I have seen this guy a few times. Very sharp.

Dave Schwartz
04-01-2008, 08:48 PM
PA,

How'd you fix my video?

I never get that right. WHat goes where in the popup?

Okay... and here is another provocative link. Snopes this time.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/lamm.asp

JustRalph
04-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Dave, when I put in a youtube video,

1. The first line popup is the title for the top of the vid window

2. The second line is where I paste in the Youtube link.... then I backspace out everything before the "=" sign. You only need the letters after the equal sign............. works for me...........

Steve 'StatMan'
04-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks too Dave - I just watched the whole video too (almost 48min, didn't know at first, but I found it well worth it, just warning ahead of time.) Very profound insights. He describes the overall situation very well. As he states, people who are liberals are not stupid and they are not evil, and many have good intetions. But I'll agree with the point (I'm sumarizing) about the 'rational' - that their method of reasoning and the underlying basis on a lot of the basis for their conclusions and thoughts are off base and lead in the wrong directions on a national & societal level. He really describes the thinking of many of the famous modern U.S. Liberals (with a Capital L) and many of our noteworthy liberal (small l? large L?) posters, many of those posters having names of horses and/or numbers. Frankly, would be a good challenge for anyone to listen to, for at least as much of minutes 1 thru 34 as possible (the last 14 are questions and follow up.) I'd never heard of the speaker until now, but plan to look more of what he's written and been a part of in the future.

Dave Schwartz
04-02-2008, 01:50 AM
1. The first line popup is the title for the top of the vid window

2. The second line is where I paste in the Youtube link.... then I backspace out everything before the "=" sign. You only need the letters after the equal sign............. works for me...........

Apparently works better than my way... which is the other way around. <G>

Thanks.

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the video link Dave. Interesting opinions presented.

GameTheory
04-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Unfortunately the ideas resonated much more than I wish they had -- what do the liberals think?

Cangamble
04-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Painting "modern Liberals" with one fell swoosh is ridiculous. What he is describing mostly are leftists. Liberal is not a dirty word IMO, but Leftist is.

Look at me for example. I'm pro choice (though I would never be pushing for an abortion if the situation was personal for me), I'm dead set against prayer in public and teaching religion in secular schools as if it is an alternative fact.
I think America must be a great country, because people want in, and aren't lined up to leave. I see radical Islam as a cancer on humanity. I am against a pullout it Iraq. Islam needs to be phased into the 21st Century. Right now, Islam is not compatible with the West.
I realize many on the left have a problem figuring out who the victim is. Case and point is Israel. The Left side with the Palestinians. It is automatic for most of them to think, the ones who are most impoverished must be the victims. Forgetting their ideology and goal of wiping Israel off the map before they can think about peace. Much like siding with a crack addict who kills a shop clerk during a robbery because "society" turned its back to the crack addict.
Sorry, the crack addict is responsible for his or her own actions. If it is societies fault, we'd be a majority of crack addicts. We are not.

To sum up. I'm a realist.

As far as the distinction between Left and Liberal, here is a good article:
http://www.flowidealism.org/Community/mp-michael-strong.html