PDA

View Full Version : DQ'd out of a good Pick 6 ticket

menifee
03-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Santa Anita 3/31 pool is a million. I'm single, single with a lot of coverage in the last 4 legs. Win both races, but in race 4 I'm DQ'd from 1st to 3rd. Please look at the replay and tell me what you think. I think it is a very questionable DQ. The 3 was definitely bothered by the 9 moving all around the stretch, but the 9 was clear. I think a horse has the right to any path as long as he's clear of another horse. If the spot closes up on the 3, that is not the 9's problem.

It is so hard to play this game when you have subjective stewards changing the results of races. If a horse sneezes on a horse at Turf Paradise, they take it down. In New York, they don't take anything down. I just want clear rules so I have confidence that the right decision is being made.

juanepstein
03-31-2008, 06:29 PM
i had the #3 wp and him singled in the first leg of the pk3.

the #9 took the #3's path so the #3 had to shift in so then the #9 shifted in front of him again and took his path. the #3 had to pull up from getting nailed.

what pisses me off is that my #3 was head to head with the #6 so if the #9 stays out of the way i could of possibly won that race.

i believe the right rules say a horse has to be a certain amount of lengths in front of a horse to cut into his path.

reminds me of this aussie race i lost but this wasnt as bad and they took the leader and winner down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vyhegzXODI
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vyhegzXODI)

menifee
03-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Well I would have been knocked out in Race 6, so I can sleep easier tonight. Didn't see the horse that had dwelt in its debut winning that race...

Still think it is a bad decision.

asH
03-31-2008, 06:47 PM
First, I believe too there wasnt a foul, for your stated reasons, Baze was clear. The appearance was that Mud Sweat'n Tears was backing up, but in actuality because T Baze got cute by not riding the horse down stretch caused the horse to slow down. Baze knowing the horse was best, kept a hold on him down the stretch which appeared to confuse the horse causing him to slow down, once Baze began riding the horse the horse took off again... he was the best horse in the race. Stewards in my opinion knew they blew the call, viewing the replays a zillion times. Once they light the lights (Inquiry)they had to DQ the horse ...how many inquiry fouls get called back because of a stewards mistake. Stewards didn’t have the cohones to right a wrong…only in Cali

juanepstein
03-31-2008, 07:02 PM
First, I believe too there wasnt a foul, for your stated reasons, Baze was clear. The appearance was that Mud Sweat'n Tears was backing up, but in actuality because T Baze got cute by not riding the horse down stretch caused the horse to slow down. Baze knowing the horse was best, kept a hold on him down the stretch which appeared to confuse the horse causing him to slow down, once Baze began riding the horse the horse took off again... he was the best horse in the race. Stewards in my opinion knew they blew the call, viewing the replays a zillion times. Once they light the lights (Inquiry)they had to DQ the horse ...how many inquiry fouls get called back because of a stewards mistake. Stewards didn’t have the cohones to right a wrong…only in Cali

you cant alter course without sufficient clearance. he altered his course twice.

do you know what they consider as suffient clearance or are you just making a call on your own?

asH
03-31-2008, 07:03 PM
T Baze took off the 3 to ride the 9, previously ridden by Bejarano

asH
03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
there was about a head between the two horses before the event, the bug boy pulled the horse, true, but you cant assume the horse was going to go by. And again the perception was that the others were going faster than the 9, the reality was the 9 had slowed...didnt the (9)horse accelerate again??

Hajck Hillstrom
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
...as I had the 6 & 9 on a $72, and was mildly appreciative when they moved the 6 up at a slightly better mutuel.

This is my live ticket, where I am singled to HEMET in the nightcap.

Race3 - 1
Race4 - 6,9
Race5 - 5,7,11
Race6 - 4,6,10
Race7 - 2,5
Race8 - 3

I feel your pain though, Ash. The racing gods are a fickle lot, but the stewards maybe more so.

menifee
03-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Wow these will pays are nice. Very nice ticket - some day you will have to enlighten me as to what you saw in the 4 in that race.

juanepstein
03-31-2008, 07:22 PM
there was about a head between the two horses before the event, the bug boy pulled the horse, true, but you cant assume the horse was going to go by. And again the perception was that the others were going faster than the 9, the reality was the 9 had slowed...didnt the (9)horse accelerate again??

when the #3 went to the inside sure he wasnt gonna pass after losing all that momentum from getting cut off from the outside.

#9 took his path without suffient clearance which caused the #3 to take another path that the #9 took again without suffient clearance. the stewards probably also looked at how the #3 and #6 where going head to head and moving before the #9 shifted out and took the path of the #3 and seeing the #6 finish back a nose in second behind the #9 at the finish. plus tyler also made it seem he didnt have full control when he was trying to straighten up after the #9's shift to the inside.

like you said if tyler wasnt getting so cute and just rode the horse there would be no call. tyler opened up a can of worms that got him in trouble.

asH
03-31-2008, 07:28 PM
No pain, thats racing...felt TBaze could have controlled the situation.

Hey Hajk, earlier, TVG, Derby box...I started to email about booking that bet too...but you beat me to it...LOL

Dark Past in the last...need for controlling speed(Baze again)

War Pass = Bellamy Road

asH
03-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Epstein, lets get a drink and watch the next one.

...lets see which horse moves on. ;)

Hajck Hillstrom
03-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow these will pays are nice. Very nice ticket - some day you will have to enlighten me as to what you saw in the 4 in that race.Dwelt at the start in his first out, and closed well on Lethal Heat who came back and won the Santa Paula. His late turn of foot was impressive and was a standout LATE PACE horse in the BRIS Ultimate PP's Summary.

Hajck Hillstrom
03-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey Hajk, earlier, TVG, Derby box...I started to email about booking that bet too...but you beat me to it...LOLGreat minds think alike. :lol:

Jeevan
03-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Happy/sad to see your picks. I wud be alive going into the 8th except for the DQ on the 9. I have the 3 and 7 in the 8th and was hoping gor 7/8 possibility.
Good luck.

juanepstein
03-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Epstein, lets get a drink and watch the next one.

...lets see which horse moves on. ;)

i hear ya.

race 10- time to throw a sick wager!

$1 tri

menifee
03-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh man - sorry bad beat.

Hajck Hillstrom
03-31-2008, 07:48 PM
...and I don't think any of them are fit for print.

21 dimes out the window.

asH
03-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow these will pays are nice. Very nice ticket - some day you will have to enlighten me as to what you saw in the 4 in that race.

it was the 'wise guy horse'...right Hajck
lol

whyhorseofcourse
03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
That sucks but in my opinion he cost the 2 horse third place.
That means he has to be taken down.

Hajck Hillstrom
03-31-2008, 09:16 PM
it was the 'wise guy horse'...right Hajck
lolYep....and Hemet was the 'Muppet Horse.'

Kelso
04-01-2008, 12:44 AM
was a standout LATE PACE horse in the BRIS Ultimate PP's Summary.

Hajck,
How much of a late pace points gap over the next horse do you consider "standout?" (Or do you use some other criteria?)

Thank you.

bigmack
04-01-2008, 01:08 AM
3 (Mud Sweat) hindered in the stretch.

No Q. DQ justified.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/3_31_08_21_59_30.png

asH
04-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Yep....and Hemet was the 'Muppet Horse.'
I feel your pain on that one.:bang:

Question: was the bug's action/over reaction a result of his horse shortening strides.

1699. Riding Rules.
During the running of the race:

(a) A leading horse is entitled to any part of the course but when another horse is attempting to pass

in a clear opening the leading horse shall not cross over so as to compel the passing horse to shorten
its stride.

(b) A horse shall not interfere with or cause any other horse to lose stride, ground or position in a part of the race where the horse loses the opportunity to place where it might be reasonably expected

to finish.

(c) A horse which interferes with another and thereby causes any other horse to lose stride, ground

or position, when such other horse is not at fault and when such interference occurs in a part of the

race where the horse interfered with loses the opportunity to place where it might, in the opinion of

the Stewards, be reasonably expected to finish, may be disqualified and placed behind the horse so

interfered with.

Hajck Hillstrom
04-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Hajck,
How much of a late pace points gap over the next horse do you consider "standout?" (Or do you use some other criteria?)I consider a horse that is 5 points clear of the second number a viable contender if the race sets up right. UNUSUAL SPIRIT was 7 points clear, and with her troubled start in her debut, I thought a clean trip would bode well for her. The fact that LETHAL HEAT came back to win a stakes race, told me she was closing on some quality.

Burls
04-01-2008, 04:27 PM
1699. Riding Rules.
During the running of the race:

(a) A leading horse is entitled to any part of the course but when another horse is attempting to pass in a clear opening the leading horse shall not cross over so as to compel the passing horse to shorten
its stride.

Just my take, folks.
But I don't think the 3 can be clearly construed as "attempting to pass".

Worse, though, with the amount of other stuff they let go, that was a pretty lame call.

Greyfox
04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
i had the #3 wp and him singled in the first leg of the pk3.

The person that I was sitting with had the #6. I told him immediately that the #9 should come down. I would have even put it fourth behind # 2.
Watching the replay, I felt that the # 3 would have won the race if not interfered with.
# 9 went out, it came back in. It had to come down.

The Stewards got it right.

Kelso
04-02-2008, 12:16 AM
I consider a horse that is 5 points clear of the second number a viable contender if the race sets up right.

Thank you, Hajck. Pressing my luck ... do you look for a 5 point gap with the BRIS Early Pace and Race Speed ratings, too?

(Apologies to all for straying from topic.)