PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about George W....

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
....but no other President in history has had a better fastball off the mound of a major league ballpark....:lol:

lamboguy
03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
all true!

and not a bad guy

Marshall Bennett
03-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I saw that ... looked as if a bit of anger rolled with the heat , and from the full 60 feet .

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, it's not everyday he gets booed by a stadium full of folks....although there were cheers, they were almost drowned out by the boo-birds...

rrpic6
03-31-2008, 06:30 AM
Looks like that pitch was about 69 MPH (69..same as his disapproval number). Did he find HGH instead of WMD?

RR

blind squirrel
03-31-2008, 07:03 AM
He may have a good fastball,but he should have never
listened to "Curveball"!

Marshall Bennett
03-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Looks like that pitch was about 69 MPH (69..same as his disapproval number). Did he find HGH instead of WMD?

RR
yeah .... bout the same number of electorial votes Obama will get in November.
:D

Steve 'StatMan'
03-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Didn't sound as bad as I expected. Don't know if they had canned applause mixed in. Some people always boo the politicians.

Former IL Gov Jim Edgar used to get 5x as much booing at Arlington Park. And Former IL Gov George Ryan got at least 10x as much booing at Arlington Park. Near the end of his only term, they pumped in heavily amplified, canned cheering & applause to help drown out the boos. Yup, I know, I went outside for Gov. Ryan both times so I could boo with everyone else. Man did that canned applause was a shocking, telling, sign. Though I don't know if the crowd has booed the IL First Ladies, Mrs. Edgar, Mrs. Ryan or Mrs. Blogo...(5+ years and I still haven't learned to spell the guys name...and will be glad when I can type 'Former' in front of it if I do learn.)