PDA

View Full Version : I like JAY CONLEY

karlskorner
03-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Article wouldn't wrap for me so I will have to type it.

BOOK IT
by Jay Cronley,
Special to ESPN.com 3/17/08

Books about how to pick winners by the thousands and then cook cheeseburgers over hundred-dollar bills are supposed to be educational and
inspiring. More often than not, books like How-To-Pick-A-Winner-With-Your-
Eyes-Closed come across to me as irritating.

Most of the How-To-Pick-Winners-Floating-On-Your-Back books apply the
same basic handicapping secret, HINDSIGHT, with the author pretending that
he or she picked the stinking 80-1 shot before the race. Most How-To-Pick-
Winners blindfolded books put forward this tone: see how easy the 35-1 shot was to find !!

Find the rest of the article here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/columns/story?columnist=cronley_jay&id=3298476

Pace Cap'n
03-30-2008, 09:23 PM
...under-lay, over-lay, Frito-Lay, there's a system...

!

banacek
03-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Who on this board doesn't love Jay...at least the movies made out of his books!

JustRalph
03-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Who on this board doesn't love Jay...at least the movies made out of his books!

q0omeLStw04

Including this one. I actually like this one better than "Let it Ride"

cj
03-31-2008, 03:24 AM
I've never heard of that movie, but now I'm going to find it. Thanks Ralph!

BillW
03-31-2008, 03:34 AM
It's Jay Cronley :)

Tom Barrister
03-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Mr. Cronley knows what "backfitting" means and is probably avoiding the word because the average reader wouldn't understand it.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, let's see a copy of a winning ticket purchased before a race that illustrates something in the writing.

That doesn't always work, either. Somebody who wanted to provide "proof" for the system could wait by the windows after a longshot wins and buy a ticket from a lucky winners at face value, make a copy, and then cash it. They would then have copies of winning tickets and could hand-pick from selected ones to backfit a system. One man who sold a very expensive system was once a signer for a couple of professionals who didn't want to deal with the IRS. He got quite a collection of impressive W2-G's to tout his system with. All of the signers he listed fit his system. The problem was that the system was so backfit to the winners that some of the "rules" were ridiculous.

karlskorner
03-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Would the person you speak of be **** ********, so called previous Trainer who lived here in S. Fl. Had a Trifecta program he sold for $5000.00. Use to carry IRS stubs in his wallet to prove to those who didn't believe him (probably got them the way you pointed out)
You would be surprised how many $5000.00 programs he sold. As Jay Cronly stated "The writer wants some money".

One of our leading contributors to this forum told me awhile back that the best a recent book writer made for the year wagerig was $6000.00, however, he made a hell of a lot more money writing his book.

njcurveball
03-31-2008, 02:12 PM
I saw Quick Change when it came out and would highly recommend it. The crime is a stroke of genius and I thought the intelligence behind it was better than the comedy afterwards.

Jim