PDA

View Full Version : Economics

Investorater
03-29-2008, 12:12 PM
The Bush administration is proposing a sweeping overhaul of the way the government regulates the nations financial services industry.

The proposal will be outlined Monday in a speech by Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.The plan would give major new powers to the Federal Reserve.

Tim Ryan,president of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association said in a statement,"Our present regulatory framework was born of depression era events and is not well suited for todays environment where billions of dollars race across the globe with the click of a mouse."

The administration plan was reported by the New York Times on its website Friday night.

Gibbon
03-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Larry Kudlow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kudlow) spent his entire radio show today focusing on Bush's proposed plan.
Watch out boys and girls your govt. is coming to save the day reminiscent of hurricane Katrina.
Can hardly wait to see how many new trailer parks will be built.

Tom
03-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Just what we need - a dipstick government riding in a day late and a dollar short to screw up things.

OTM Al
03-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Haven't read the whole thing yet, but this may be a good idea. The Fed can react much much quicker to crises than the legistlaive branch can. And unlike the politicians, they actually have some idea of what they are doing

JustRalph
03-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Haven't read the whole thing yet, but this may be a good idea. The Fed can react much much quicker to crises than the legistlaive branch can. And unlike the politicians, they actually have some idea of what they are doing

Depending on who's running the place............

riskman
03-30-2008, 01:52 AM
We are seeing the start of a new era. This era will be marked by central banks as equity owners. The era of the central bank portfolio of nothing but gold bullion and government IOU’s is coming to an end.

The good news is that investors have more money than central banks do. The bad news is that, at the margin, central bankers will be able to manipulate the equity markets the way they manipulate government debt markets.

This is very bad news.

Investorater
03-30-2008, 01:52 PM
For those who frequent-off topic-what I would like to be made known is-Yes,I lurked for a couple of years and always in the handicapping archives section of the forum.I never once viewed any post in off-topic until I became a member.

At this point,I'm beginning to see who the Republican or Democrat might be,and I consider myself neither,as I've never voted and don't attend Church.I did'nt and don't have a personal agenda.

This particular post is of no importance-it's just something I wanted to get off the chest.And so,I'll say it again,many thanks,to all who contributed to my knowledge of handicapping and I'm not at all sure about who those were.:ThmbUp:

I'm not at all certain I want to continue posting.I simply shared my belief and faith in the Lord God.

Investorater
04-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Matthew 24 Signs of Christ's Return
From a study of the abundance of internal Bible evidence of the second coming of Christ,we are able to forecast with reasonable accuracy the order of the events concomitant with His return to the earth and the setting up of His kingdom:

1. He shall come at a time when knowledge is widespread,almost to the point of being universal. But thou,O Daniel,shut up the words,and seal the book,even to the time of the end:many shall run to and fro,and knowledge shall be increased.Daniel 12:4

2. A great deal of the universal knowledge forecast in the preceding paragraph will be accumulated through ever increasing travel of the world's population.

3. Scientific discoveries,advances in technology,medicine,surgery,electronics and exploration of the world of outer space will be at an all-time high when Jesus returns to the earth. 2 Peter 3:1-9.

4.There will be two stages of His second coming.The first stage will be when He comes as the lightning that flashes from the west and shines unto the east.In this stage He shall call out of the world His chosen elect and they shall meet Him at a rendezvous in outer space where they shall be sheltered from a great storm of tribulation which will be raging at the same time on earth.The second stage will be when He literally comes down to the earth bringing His triumphant translated ones with Him.

5.He will land on the Mount of Olives across the valley of Jehoshaphat from the old city of Jerusalem.He will march from the point of His landing to the eastern gate of Jerusalem.There He shall enter the city and establish His seat of government from which He shall judge and rule the whole world.

6.The second stage of His second coming will bring to an end the tribulation which is described in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ,chapters 6 through 18.

7.The battle of Armageddon will be fought at the very time this second stage is effected.There is considerable speculation as to what triggers the battle of armageddon.Why do the armies of the world gather in the Middle East at the end of the tribulation period? Is there a rebellion in the kingdom of antichrist? What precipitates the final conflict? Although there is mystery surrounding some of these questions,there are a number of certainties about Armageddon.

It takes place at the end of the Tribulation Revelation 16:16
It involves all nations of the world Joel 3:12
It pits all nations against the Lord and His anointed Psalm 2
It ends with the revelation of Christ as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Rev.19:11-21

While many events of the end time are hidden from us,it is not difficult to sort out some important developments.As a matter of fact,the coming of Christ will be that mighty force that will bring to an end the fighting which will begin in the valley of Israel (the Plain of Esdraelon) and extend some 150 miles southeast into the ancient land of Edom. G. H. Montgomery 1963

A Prophetic Checklist for the Church

1 Apostasy and open denial of biblical truth is evident in the church.

2 Moral chaos becomes more and more evident because of the complete departure from Christian morality.

3 The sweep of spiritism,the occult,and activity of demons begin to prepare the world for Satan's final hour.

4 Jerusalem becomes a center of religious controversy for Arabs and Christians,while Jews of the world plan to make the city an active center for Judaism.

5 True believers disappear from the earth to join Christ in heaven at the rapture of the Church.

6 The restraint of evil by the Holy Spirit is ended.

7 The super-church combines major religions as a tool for the false prophet who aids the antichrist's rise to world power.

8 The Antichrist destroys the super-church and demands worship as a deified world dictator.

9 Believers of this period suffer intense persecution and are martyred by the thousands.

10 Christ returns to earth with Christians who have been in heaven during the tribulation and ends the rule of the nations at the battle of armageddon.

A Prophetic Checklist for the Nations

1 The European Union-Beginnings of the last stage of the prophetic fourth world empire.

2 A new leader takes control of the powerful nation group.

3 The new European leader negotiates a final peace settlement in the Middle East(broken three-and-a-half years later).

4 The Russian army attempts an invasion of Israel and is miraculously destroyed.

5 The leader proclaims himself world dictator,breaks his peace settlement with Israel,and declares himself to be God.

6 The new world dictator desecrates the temple in Jerusalem.

7 The terrible judgments of the great tribulation are poured out on the nations of the world.

8 Worldwide rebellion threatens the world dictator's rule as armies from throughout the world converge on the Middle East.

9 Christ returns to earth with His armies from heaven.

10 The armies of the world unite to resist Christ's coming and are destroyed in the battle of Armageddon.

11 Christ establishes His millennial reign on earth,ending the times of the Gentiles.

A Prophetic Checklist for Israel

1 After a long struggle,Israel is forced to accept a compromise peace guaranteed by the new leader of the European Union.

2 The Jewish people celebrate what appears to be a lasting and final peace settlement.

3 The Russian army attempts to invade Israel but is mysteriously destroyed.

4 The newly proclaimed world dictator desecrates the temple in Jerusalem and begins a period of intense persecution of Jews.

5 Many Jewish people recognize the unfolding of prophetic events and declare their faith in Christ as the Messiah of Israel.

6 In the massacre of Jews and Christians who resist the world dictator,some witnesses are divinely preserved to carry the message throughout the world.

7 Christ returns to earth,welcomed by believing Jews as their Messiah and deliverer.

8 Christ's thousand-year reign on earth from the throne of David finally fulfills all the prophetic promises to the nation of Israel. Armageddon Oil and the Middle East Crisis 1974,1976 John F. Walvoord

Christ came from Above. John 6:38
Antichrist ascends from The Pit. Revelation 11:7

Christ came in His Father's name John 5:43
Antichrist comes in his Own name John 5:43

Christ Humbled Himself. Philippians 2:8
Antichrist Exalts himself 2 Thessalonians 2:4

Christ Despised. Isaiah 53:3 Luke 23:1
Antichrist Admired. Revelation 13:3,4

Christ Exalted. Philippians 2:9
Antichrist Cast Down to Hell. Isaiah 14:14,15 Rev.19:20

Christ to do His Father's will. John 6:38
Antichrist to do his Own will. Daniel 11:36

Christ is the Truth. John 14:6
Antichrist is the lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:11

Christ,the Holy One. Mark 1:24
Antichrist is the Lawless One. 2 Thessalonians 2:8

Christ is the Man of Sorrows. Isaiah 53:3
Antichrist is the Man of Sin. 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Christ is the Son of God. Luke 1:35
Antichrist is the Son of Perdition. 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Christ The Mystery of Godliness,is God manifest in the flesh.1 Timothy 3:16
Antichrist The Mystery of iniquity,will be Satan manifest in the flesh. 2 Thessalonians 2:7-10. Salem Kirban,1981,Saved Arabian.

The Arabs must come to realize that Genesis 15:18 and Jeremiah 23:7,8 along with other Scripture references promise Palestine to Israel(from the river of Egypt to the river Euphrates,some 180,000 square miles).

But the promises God gives to the Arab nations during the Millennial reign of Christ are her crowing glory,for The Lord Shall Yet Bless Egypt.

In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt,and a pillar to the Lord at its border............................................ .................................................. ...
Whom the Lord of hosts has blessed,saying,Blessed be Egypt My people,and Assyria the work of My hands,and Israel My heritage. Isaiah 19:19-25

hcap
04-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Let's at least be scientific about this stuff.
All of the above calculated with super duper computers.
And super duper statisticians
:jump:

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html

Rapture Index
The prophetic speedometer of end-time activity

Rapture Index 168
Updated Mar 30, 2008

wes
04-03-2008, 07:23 AM
We do not live in a perfect world. It's run by imperfect people as well. Any more comments or questions?

Why do you think that talk was labeled as BS many years ago?

wes