PDA

View Full Version : "God Damn America"

JustMissed
03-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I would have thought Obama's association with Rev. Wright would have hurt him badly.

Apparently not according to the Wall Street Journal.

Snipped from wsj.com:

[Quote]
Democrats Are Tied in New Poll
Prolonged Contest
Is Starting to Wear
On Clinton, Obama
By JACKIE CALMES
March 27, 2008; Page A8

WASHINGTON -- The racially charged debate over Barack Obama's relationship with his longtime pastor hasn't much changed his close contest against Hillary Clinton, or hurt him against Republican nominee-in-waiting John McCain, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.

Democratic pollster Peter Hart, who conducts the Journal/NBC polls with Republican pollster Bill McInturff, called the latest poll a "myth-buster" that showed the pastor controversy is "not the beginning of the end for the Obama campaign."

POLL FINDINGS

snipped

The latest survey has the Democratic rivals in a dead heat, each with 45% support from registered Democratic voters. That is a slight improvement for Sen. Obama, though a statistically insignificant one, from the last Journal/NBC poll, two weeks ago, which had Sen. Clinton leading among Democratic voters, 47% to 43%.

snipped

• Complete Campaign 2008 coverageBeyond the nomination race, in hypothetical matchups for November's election Sen. Obama still edges Sen. McCain 44% to 42%. That is nearly the same result as in the early March poll, before videos of Mr. Wright's most fiery sermons spread over the Internet. But Sen. Clinton, who likewise had a narrow advantage over Sen. McCain in the earlier survey, trails in this one by two points, 44% to his 46%.

snipped

But the pollster also saw "some evidence here that Sen. Obama's speech did him well." The candidate's support for his handling of the Wright matter was stronger among those voters who said they saw his 37-minute speech.

In the Philadelphia address, which Sen. Obama wrote and titled "A More Perfect Union," he criticized his former pastor for his condemnations of the U.S. for its injustices to blacks, but refused to renounce him.

snipped
Both she and Sen. Obama showed five-point declines in positive ratings from white voters. But where she is viewed mostly negatively, by 51% to 34% of whites, Sen. Obama's gets a net positive rating, by 42% to 37%. Among all voters, he maintained a significant positive-to-negative score of 49% to 32% -- similar to Sen. McCain's 45% to 25%.

snipped[EndQuote]

Amazingly, some cable outlets are testing some Jews against Obama talk based on a few statements Rev. Wright made against Israel.

Appears that won't fly as just rumored today, NYC Mayor Bloomberg may endorse Obama. Go figure.

Considering a divided Dem party and the Rev. Wright stuff and Obama is ahead of McCain-jeez, it looks like Obama is "Golden".

Have a nice day. :)

JM

dvlander
03-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey, his saving grace this week has been Hilary "mis-remembering" being subject to sniper fire in Kosovo.

It kind of took the focus off of Reverend Wright for a while.

Indulto
03-27-2008, 05:43 PM
http://blogs.timesunion.com/capitol/ (http://blogs.timesunion.com/capitol/)

A.M. Roundup

March 27, 2008 at 8:06 am by Irene Jay Liu… Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who has said his endorsement is up for grabs in the presidential race, planned to appear Thursday at an event with Democratic candidate Barack Obama.

… The Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., Barack Obama’s controversial former pastor, yesterday canceled plans to receive an award at a summit on black churches. …Who Nu?

March 26, 2008 at 7:43 pm by Jay JochnowitzThe Forward, a leading Jewish daily, says a disproportionately large number of Democratic superdelegates are Jewish and so far they are backing Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama three-to-one.

A survey by the paper of people who Jewish religious affiliation is known (it acknowledged it may have missed some) found that almost one in ten superdelegates are Jewish, and that 36 of the 74 Jewish superdelegates it counted favor Clinton. Twelve were for Obama, and 26 were undeclared.

The Forward’s take on this:

“If the Democratic presidential primary comes down to a photo finish, these Jewish insiders could play an outsized role in anointing a nominee at the party’s August convention. And it would be a history-making experience: Although Jews have long been considered a formidable voting bloc and have been overrepresented among the country’s cadre of liberal activists and thinkers, they have only more recently become common as Democratic establishment insiders, with unprecedented numbers of both Jewish elected officials and party leaders. …

JustMissed
03-27-2008, 05:59 PM
http://blogs.timesunion.com/capitol/ (http://blogs.timesunion.com/capitol/)

A.M. Roundup

March 27, 2008 at 8:06 am by Irene Jay LiuWho Nu?

March 26, 2008 at 7:43 pm by Jay Jochnowitz

Very refreshing to read a response that references facts and citations.

Most often one encounters responses of the dull-minded, almost primate type individual.

JM

Indulto
03-27-2008, 06:10 PM

Most often one encounters responses of the dull-minded, almost primate type individual.

JMI would have appreciated your post more without the second sentence which didn't do anything to encourage the type of response you claim to prefer.

JustMissed
03-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I would have appreciated your post more without the second sentence which didn't do anything to encourage the type of response you claim to prefer.

INDULTO,

Times are tough and so much is at stake.

JM

JustRalph
03-27-2008, 06:24 PM

JM

How long do we have to put up with this crap? Primates huh?

Just because somebody disagrees with you, they are primates huh? You are a piece of work.

GaryG
03-27-2008, 07:27 PM
After due consideration I booked him in at the house of IGGY. This shit has gotten ridiculous.

HUSKER55
03-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I have been giving this election some thought and came to the conclusion that the PFC has been side-swiped again. (PFC is poor forgotton citizen).

This flap with Obama and his church says this race is all about race relations in America. That minister is just hustling a buck by selling people an excuse to fail. He then goes on to get control of a block of votes by preying on those who "fell along the wayside". Of course, he is their savior.

I wonder how much Obama paid for those votes.

Minister Wright says "GOD DAMN AMERICA ! All of us believe this is America at its worst. I mean, "How dare he". But is this really America at its worst?

I don't think so. I am of the opinion this is America at its BEST and the fact the polls show little impact prove it. We are all free to think and pray the way we believe as long as we don't interfere with the rights of others to do the same. Think about it.

My grandfather used to say he had the right to do business with any man any where simply because he was an American. (Ya he would cross the border)

I submit people that maybe our elders knew more than we thought. How about this thouht, race is an issue only if you let it become one.

Does America have problems that need to be addressed. You got that one straight ! But not being able to talk to each other is not one of them. A lot of people in our world can not say that.

Maybe I am wrong but I think it is time I quit complaining and start thinking of a solution. Maybe all of us should do that. We need to move ahead as one and stop playing up to what is presented by the politicians when we know it is wrong.

Thanks for the thread.

Just my humble opinion

:)

Indulto
03-27-2008, 11:57 PM
After due consideration I booked him in at the house of IGGY. This shit has gotten ridiculous.Beagle Boy #167671,
A standard response from one whose off-topic posts are no less likely to leave the discussion level lower than the one preceding it. When's the last time you contributed something original to off-topic or didn't merely echo a response from JR or Tom?

Tom
03-28-2008, 07:29 AM
We can't all be brainiacs like you, Indulto.:rolleyes:
(Thanks GOD!)
You and JM make a "dream team."

rastajenk
03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
God Damn America (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/03/chicken-comes-home-to-roost-in-16.html) for rewards like this?

He's no better than Jim and Tammy Faye, or any of the other bling-covered hucksters out there.

Indulto
03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
God Damn America (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/03/chicken-comes-home-to-roost-in-16.html) for rewards like this?

He's no better than Jim and Tammy Faye, or any of the other bling-covered hucksters out there.Thanks for sharing. If true, it will be interesting to hear what Obama comes up with next.

Indulto
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
We can't all be brainiacs like you, Indulto.:rolleyes:
(Thanks GOD!)
You and JM make a "dream team."Interesting that you interpreted my post re: the drive-by ignore button presser as a commentary on intelligence, but then offered no rebuttal.

For the record, my remarks referred to off-topic participation only, and to results rather than potential.

Tom
03-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, it was, wasn't it.
Damn, I'm on today. ;)

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Very refreshing to read a response that references facts and citations.I can see why you're getting nervous and posting a lot more often these days. McCain is either statistically tied or leading Obama/Clinton in many of these polls.

And we all were told Iraq would kill McCain's chances....

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08gen.htm

But, I'm being hypocritical here, because I often deride polls whenever others cite them as proof of something. Then again, lots of folks put stock in these numbers, so simply pick and choose the one that has your candidate leading, and then you can sleep a little better tonight....