PDA

View Full Version : If workouts were on-line would that help?

njcurveball
03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Racetrack Management would be smart (but we know all about that) to buy saddle cloths for workouts and try to move into the 21st century.

Different colors would be for different distances, numbers would be 1 to 100 (maybe higher if needed).

When a horse hits the track, they have been already entered into the daily workout log which has the following factors.

1.) Saddlecloth number and color .

2.) Trainer of record and name of horse. If no name is available, perhaps sire and dam?

3,) Workout rider and weight (yes, I would put weight for these works).

If someone were interested in being on track, they could pick up a sheet there. Many tracks use to have Morning Glory clubs. Sure they attracted small crowds, but some did pretty well on the weekends.

If many others were interested in watching a workout cam from their web site, the sheet would be on-line and updated as needed.

NO horses allowed on track during workout hours without a saddle cloth.

Any other ideas welcome?

Jim

ranchwest
03-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Sounds good to me.

I've had people tell me they bought privately taped workout videos. I don't know how they sorted out which horse was which. They were into it pretty heavy, maybe they recognized a lot of them, I don't know. They claimed the workouts were very helpful.

Snag
03-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Watching workouts is almost as much of an art as it is handicapping from the form.

The workout ridder is usually a give away after you have watched them for awhile. If you know which barn they work for, then you have to know something about the horse (size, color, markings, etc.).

One of the big problems watching workouts without being on the backside, is the trainer intent for that day. Not all works are done to establish a fast time.