PDA

View Full Version : How Quickly Can An Online Betting Account Be Active?

zoobird
03-27-2008, 08:53 AM
If I open an online account today, will I be able to place bets by Saturday?

cj
03-27-2008, 08:56 AM
As long as you aren't sending a check to fund it, you should be fine.

rufus999
03-27-2008, 09:23 AM

Twinspires accepts wire transfers.:cool:

rufus

traveler
03-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Gee, here's a novel idea - ask the company you are considering doing business with :bang:

rokitman
03-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Gee, here's a novel idea - ask the company you are considering doing business with :bang:
He would have got a faster answer doing that? :lol:

traveler
03-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Fast isn't always best. I am quite sure the answers he got here are right. As an example, TwinSpires only allows phone betting on some tracks, no internet wagering, so that option may not be best for Zoobird, and yes I know he didn't ask that. I would just suggest a little more research on his part to find the best provider for him rather than be in a hurry to bet this weekend. I should have explained myself - no harm meant.

rusrious
03-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I go thru Ehorse.. Takes about 15 minutes from start to finish, and placing bets.. I dont really care for it, but it gives me good practice, and they also have play money bets, with live action, pretty helpfull.. With Ehorse, for me anyways, I had to purchases a third party calling card ( Primapin ), with a Greendot Visa, which is the only card they take ( VISA ) not mastercard, and it has to be $93.33 deposit.. After you buy the calling card, then go to ehorse live chat help, and tell them you want to make a deposit.. Give him the calling card info.. You will get two strings of numbers from the reciept of the calling card.. Tell him the amount of the card, and your golden in about 2 minutes.. Cash out, wellll, cant be sure on that one, LOL, not there yet... They send checks out..

Also, Some time back, I cant remember what one, YouBet I think?, you can go to your local OTB and lay some cash down, and get it deposited to your Online account, just cant remember off hand..

dutchboy
03-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Doubt it. To open an account you will need fill out the account app. Then fax proof of residence. If approved then you will need to supply info on how the account will be funded and get it approved. Most adw's will now accept the majority of credit cards. 2-3 days would be my guess based on opening accounts with brisbet and youbet. Before you open an account make sure if they will accept the tracks you are interested in.

whyhorseofcourse
03-29-2008, 12:55 AM
I registered for twinspires and was betting horses in about 2 hours.

My dad plays on Premier turf club and was set up within 30 minutes.

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Gee, here's a novel idea - ask the company you are considering doing business with :bang:Actually, it's a good idea to ask here as well, as you're likely to get answers from folks who have actually signed up for a couple of different companies, and they can tell you from experience how long it took....

Plus, actively discouraging folks from posting here isn't very nice....:lol: