PDA

View Full Version : streaming video

jeebus1083
03-26-2008, 11:02 PM
I remember someone posting links to some streaming video a few years ago on this board (before it was rightfully taken down for copyright reasons/protection of the website owner). If someone who knows what Im talking about has those links, is it possible to PM me with them? I have a friend of mine who is looking to gain access to streaming video and I'd like to hook him up somehow.

Thanks.

bigmack
03-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Well heck, since we're able to "pad our order"....I know the recording industry rather frowns on this, but I was wondering if anyone could "hook up a friend of mine" with the complete discography of Miles Davis.

Thanks. (a bunch) :cool:

jeebus1083
03-26-2008, 11:21 PM
I use Twinspires, so I don't have problems with getting video access.

I'm trying to do a favor for a friend of mine who sometimes bets from work and cannot log into any ADWs to get the video due to restrictions on his company's network.

;)

Oddzilla
03-27-2008, 12:01 AM
If your friend is looking for free streaming video with no strings attached, that is almost impossible to come by. Except, www.calracing.com (http://www.calracing.com) has free live streams from California tracks. It's a good idea. :ThmbUp:

Twinspires.com is good, but you have to sign up, and anyone doing so should expect to have to deposit an amount of money to access video, or eventually make wagers to keep the privelege. I think Xpressbet has the same kind of deal.

TVGfree (www.tvgfree.net (http://www.tvgfree.net)) has a few of their crappiest tracks they will let you watch for free. Enjoy.

There's a CBS sportsline page (http://horseracing.sportsline.com/cbs/liveracing/) with streams from YouBet, but again, like TVGfree, they are only willing to share the ones no one really wants to watch. Most of the links there are now nothing but come-ons to get a YouBet account to actually watch the video after you have signed up for a YouBet account.

The ADWs (twinspires, youbet, etc.) are usually free for a trial period as long as sixty days.

QuarterCrack
03-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Delta Downs has live streaming video through their website. For whatever it's worth.

jeebus1083
03-27-2008, 12:17 AM
He's looking to get NYRA.

JustRalph
03-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Well heck, since we're able to "pad our order"....I know the recording industry rather frowns on this, but I was wondering if anyone could "hook up a friend of mine" with the complete discography of Miles Davis.

:lol: :ThmbUp:

jeebus1083
03-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Guess nobody remembers... if it rings a bell, drop me a PM.

Thanks.

fmhealth
03-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Jeebuzz, Oddzilla was correct. Calracing.com was the site that I believe you're referring too. At that time you could watch every track. No longer the case.

juanepstein
03-27-2008, 07:18 PM
http://www.harnessracingtv.com/tbred.html

Track Collector
03-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Sam Houston offers some free streaming video at http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=2121965

robert99
03-28-2008, 07:54 AM

bigmack,

There's over 35000 links to MD recordings at

http://www.figator.com/search/miles+davis/::rd

Meanwhile, I do a mean version of "Milestones" on frailing banjo ;)

jeebus1083
03-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I was actually referring to the series of YouBet.com video links that a member had posted on this board a few years ago that circumvented having to sign up for a YouBet.com account. They were playable in RealPlayer and Windows Media Player. However, board management had to take them down due to potential legal ramifications, hence the request for the links to be sent via Private Message.

Does this ring a bell?

Thanks.

Jeebuzz, Oddzilla was correct. Calracing.com was the site that I believe you're referring too. At that time you could watch every track. No longer the case.

mikeb
03-28-2008, 09:57 AM
They used to be free all day and nite,but now they cut you off after 30 min.
Just a short look into the future will tell you where there going with this.:ThmbDown:
hwnn.

rokitman
03-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I was actually referring to the series of YouBet.com video links that a member had posted on this board a few years ago that circumvented having to sign up for a YouBet.com account. They were playable in RealPlayer and Windows Media Player. However, board management had to take them down due to potential legal ramifications, hence the request for the links to be sent via Private Message.

Does this ring a bell?

Thanks.
They no longer work.

jeebus1083
03-28-2008, 10:04 AM
These weren't the ESPN.com links.

They used to be free all day and nite,but now they cut you off after 30 min.
Just a short look into the future will tell you where there going with this.:ThmbDown:
hwnn.

trigger
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Maybe you are thinking of Youbet's "training" site--no real money. It's at www.youbet.net (http://www.youbet.net) (not .com). I haven't logged on to this site for a long time but it appears to still be active but you need to sign up.

jeebus1083
03-28-2008, 10:48 AM
No I am not.

These were bootlegged links that someone somehow got access to and posted on this message board. I had them on my old computer, but lost them due to the hard drive getting reformatted.

shanta
03-28-2008, 11:43 AM
No I am not.

These were bootlegged links that someone somehow got access to and posted on this message board. I had them on my old computer, but lost them due to the hard drive getting reformatted.

I know exactly what you refer to. They do not work anymore.

The powers that be in racing (Ass Backwards Inc.) have shut down our "gangster" :lol:

toetoe
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
mack,

What *I* would love to see is footage of Cicely Tyson's last great role; that of Miles Davis' punching bag.
I take a dim view of Mr. Davis' fistic foibles, but as always, I am willing to forgive him should a famous person of sufficient color convincingly solicit my sympathy vote.

jeebus1083
03-30-2008, 07:40 AM
I know exactly what you refer to. They do not work anymore.

The powers that be in racing (Ass Backwards Inc.) have shut down our "gangster" :lol:

I think I remember this, but the way to get around it still was to register for a Youbet.net account. As long as you were logged in, you could launch the links in Media Player or RealPlayer, and they would play for more than 30 minutes.

If you still have that link, could you PM it to me and I can try at some point? I think this will work like that.

Thanks.

shanta
03-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Jeebus
I lost the link when my drive crashed bout 2-3 months ago. Sorry man. Hope someone can help you out.
Richie

BIG RED
03-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Trigger has it right I believe, they should have NY.

Tell you what, my memorie just kicked in.(rare) I beleive his name was Bluenose, search him?

phatbastard
03-30-2008, 07:52 PM
..someone posted a backdoor to Colonial Downs system, it was great, but got busted within days time:mad:

wilderness
04-06-2008, 12:16 PM

Does this ring a bell?

Thanks.

YouBet began rotating their URL's through various different encoding.
If you chose to spend hours each day determining their present encoding methods, than it's still possible to access many of their tracks.
The initial determination made be made by looking at the source URL thru CBS (which is basically a YouBet link, athough presented otherwise on your browsers address bar).