PDA

View Full Version : Driver Missing

Pell Mell
03-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Just had windows xp pro installed Sunday. Worked fine until today and all of a sudden I have no speaker driver, that's what device manager says. I tried system restore and no luck. Where did it go and how can I get another?:mad: :bang:

michiken
03-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Do you know the brand and model of the sound card that you have?

If so, do a google search for example 'via 1977' sound card drivers and you should be able to download them right from the manufacturer's site.

Pell Mell
03-25-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't know what kind of sound card it has. The only thing I can find is Integrated Audio?

michiken
03-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Try following these instructions (http://www.wikihow.com/Find-out-Your-Computer%27s-Sound-Card-Information) to find your sound card.

Pell Mell
03-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Found 2 items relating to audio:

1- root\media\ms_mmdrv

2- unimodem half duplex audio device

Going to control panel/sounds and audio devices shows a couple more:

Audio codecs and Legacy audio drivers.

The computer says that all of these are working properly.

Going to control panel/sounds and audio devices the volume tab says no audio device.:bang: :bang:

Scottytoohotty
03-25-2008, 10:48 PM
do you have the little volume icon on the system tray (at the bottom right by the clock)?

Pell Mell
03-26-2008, 07:41 AM
do you have the little volume icon on the system tray (at the bottom right by the clock)?

No. I think I found the driver and downloaded it from Dell but it is a zip file. It will open but I can't figure out how to install it. Why are computers not more user friendly? I renamed it Confuser!:mad:

robert99
03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
No. I think I found the driver and downloaded it from Dell but it is a zip file. It will open but I can't figure out how to install it. Why are computers not more user friendly? I renamed it Confuser!:mad:

In the unzipped folder look for a file called something like setup.exe.
If you double click that, it will install your driver files.

Pell Mell
03-26-2008, 10:08 PM
In the unzipped folder look for a file called something like setup.exe.
If you double click that, it will install your driver files.

THANKS!:ThmbUp: