PDA

View Full Version : Post Time Wagers

Vigors
02-10-2003, 03:35 AM
Just prior to having United Airlines put my Computer & Moniter
to a quick and painful death via the Nov. 21st LAX to JFK red-
eye, all the talk was about restricting the last minute wagers to an ACTUAL POSTIME...because of the big Pix 6 scandel......the last
I heard was 5 or so tracks (maybe owned by one comglamerate )
were going to abide by it. Since returning to Computer life, I've
not been privy to watching or wagering the TVG's, E-Bet's , You-
Bet's, Racing Channel, et al., I'm now wondering what changes
have REALLY been made...if any......or is it still "Catch as Catch
Can", that is, I bet the 3rd choice going postward @ 5-1, I see
it going around horse's on the far turn as I see the odd's drop
to 5-2...then finish the best of three, only to pay 8-5 odd's....is there a currant Status Quo,or buisness as usual (read "before")

Handy Cap
02-10-2003, 06:09 AM
You know, this issue has come up time and time again. I know of a person that restricts himself to betting closers because he swears closers odds do not drop during a race, that only front enders and stalkers do...I am NOT suggesting graft or any of the like, but something NEEDS TO BE DONE about this issue. The fact is, people stay away from the horses because people believe the races are fixed, plain and simple. I have litterally had people come up to me...and ask me...if the races were predetermined before the running...like wrestling. NOW THATS BAD. And these odds dropping issues aren't helping matters for a sport that needs new fans in the worst way!

rrbauer
02-10-2003, 06:55 AM
There's no standard. NYRA does it one way for simulcast patrons (first horse loaded) and another for on-track patrons (off time). The CDSN tracks except HOL shut betting at 1 MTP. I think that Turfway shuts betting early but I'm not sure what the defining moment is. California hasn't changed.