PDA

View Full Version : Need some newbie kinda help

rusrious
03-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey guys, got a stupid question.. If a horse's odds are 3/2, how do I figure out the decimal odds for that, for a excel program? I know its dumb, but I need to figure this out.. Like 4/5 or 5/2,, I need to break this down to simple terms..OR how would I log it for excel.. like 2/1 would be 2.. Is there anywhere to get a pay chart for this, I think thats what I need//

Thanks

cj
03-24-2008, 05:18 PM
3/2 = 1.5....just divide. 4/5 = 0.8.

rusrious
03-24-2008, 05:23 PM
awesome CJ, thank you very much Sir

rusrious
03-24-2008, 06:45 PM
OK, now who has the best live tote.. Im using Bris, but I dont care for it.

098poi
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
DRF

http://tote.drf.com/drftote/index.asp

rusrious
03-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks

Murph
03-24-2008, 10:49 PM
OK, now who has the best live tote.. Im using Bris, but I dont care for it.I like this one: Link to Tote (http://europop.usofftrack.com/link2tote/(u5zidlbyzalbvzmwojpdjx55)/main.aspx)

rusrious
03-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Ok, I have another quick question..

Say horse 5 wins the race, and pays $4.60...... How would I figure out the final odds of that horse?

Im thinking, 4.60 devided by 2? = 2.3???

Guys, thanks again for the help.. Yesterday, I figered out A WHOLE BUNCH, and lost $47

BUT

I sure did learn alot.. Now Im going back through and fine tuning my system.. I LOVE PAST RESULTS.. I may even go to my OTB today to get paid..

Im overwhelmed with confidence today.. I'll keep ya posted, LOL...

Again, thanks alot for the info fellas

borntoride
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
FInal odds can be found in the free "Full Charts" results on Equibase.

Bruddah
03-27-2008, 10:52 AM

Say horse 5 wins the race, and pays $4.60...... How would I figure out the final odds of that horse?

Guys, thanks again for the help.. Yesterday, I figered out A WHOLE BUNCH, and lost $47

BUT

I sure did learn alot.. Now Im going back through and fine tuning my system.. I LOVE PAST RESULTS.. I may even go to my OTB today to get paid..

Subtract your original $2 bet then divide by 2.

If a horse paid $12 to win, it would be $12 - $2 = $10 / 2 = 5 to 1

rusrious
03-27-2008, 10:55 AM
OOOOOkk, I got it now,

Thank you fellas

formula_2002
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM

BUT

A few comments:
1. Take your $$ and buy data..lots of data (I use Bris and then run it throughh Jcapper and my own program)
2. Come to understand statistics before things like pace.
The numbers will show you whats important.
3. When you think you have a system all figured out, try it (without changing one thing) on 1000 races-PAPER bets.

If your paper bet actual (win pool) winners exceed your expected winners..Call me!! ;)

rusrious
03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
I have grown this week in the Handicapping game, due to the info from you guys..

Hey, just found this out.. At Ehorse, where I do my wagering,they have an offspring part of the site, EhorseX, which gives the ability to Lay bet, or back horses to lose.. Am I able to do this? Being a US res? I know its a strange question.. Im pretty good at finding the losers of the race. :bang:

formula_2002
03-29-2008, 10:37 AM
I have grown this week in the Handicapping game, due to the info from you guys..

Hey, just found this out.. At Ehorse, where I do my wagering,they have an offspring part of the site, EhorseX, which gives the ability to Lay bet, or back horses to lose.. Am I able to do this? Being a US res? I know its a strange question.. Im pretty good at finding the losers of the race. :bang:
That's only because there are more of them. ;)