PDA

View Full Version : Out of control Government. NY and more...

JustRalph
03-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I am completely flabbergasted that nobody cares that the Governor of NY (the new one) has come out and admitted to be a philandering SOB who got his girlfriend a job in State Government . Now I read that he billed his hotel room romps with his gal friend to the state or his campaign as "constituent services" including room service etc.

THIS IS FRIGGIN AMAZING THAT NOBODY CARES!!

Why the hell does nobody care? I can't believe this crap? Why is nobody calling for this guy to step down? How far down the ladder do we have to go to get to a decent human being? Is that the problem? Nobody qualifies anymore?

I have publicly lamented the failings of State Government in my home State of Ohio. But the fact that we no longer can control our governments and that we are standing by and allowing this kind of crap to go on betrays us all. No matter where you live or who you call "your party" this stuff is out of control.

Tom
03-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Ralph... this is New york.......this new guy is an improvment! :eek::lol:
Seriously, corruption is all we have in NYS - at every level, every elected offical is either corrupt of incompetant. Now, add blind.

JustRalph
03-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Ralph... this is New york.......this new guy is an improvment! :eek::lol:
Seriously, corruption is all we have in NYS - at every level, every elected offical is either corrupt of incompetant. Now, add blind.

he obviously isn't the only blind person in NY

OTM Al
03-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah Ralph, what Tom said. In the grand scheme of things he's actually pretty clean. And he's seen as a person who will try to work with others rather than "steamroll" them. He's definitely a step up. Not perfect of course, but who in that line of business really is.

Marshall Bennett
03-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Much like living in Louisiana and griping about state govt. there ... nobody listens because nobody cares . They've pretty much seen it all . Anyone coming can be no worse than anyone leaving , and its always been that way .

sammy the sage
03-23-2008, 08:21 PM
wtf...NY...how bout ALL of the good ole USA.. :mad:

from local county commission's to the pinhead in the white house...public servants are GOUGING/GORGING themselves at the tax trough..

WE ARE PAYING them to do so :(

Any LEGIT idea's to STOP the MADNESS? :confused:

Tom
03-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Legal ones? :rolleyes:

I support a shut down - everyone just stop going to work.
No services, no products being made, no taxes being collected.....let them know what the country would be like without the middle class carrying them.
I mean a long strike.

JustRalph
03-23-2008, 11:42 PM

No services, no products being made, no taxes being collected.....let them know what the country would be like without the middle class carrying them.
I mean a long strike.

I have heard this kind of stuff before from truckers............I wish they would follow thru for once............see the link

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008/03/19/news/iowa/doc47e03e9ea03bd427238845.txt?sPos=3

Indulto
03-24-2008, 01:26 AM

I mean a long strike.What middle class?

Politicians haven't really changed. The difference today is that there's so much monitoring, electronic tracking, and information gathering that nobody's secrets are safe, anymore.

Paterson is getting a pass because relative to Spitzer, his political tumor is considered benign. But as long as the religious right is more concerned that penises stay in pants than that money goes into the pockets of people without principles, then this is what you get.

If the Spitzer-haters really want to get off, they'll make prostitution legal. The world's oldest profession must be a successful business model to have endured so long. ;)

JustRalph
03-24-2008, 01:39 AM
But as long as the religious right is more concerned that penises stay in pants than that money goes into the pockets of people without principles, then this is what you get.

I am not a religioui man. I don't care where the hell his penis goes.......but I do think it reveals a character flaw.

The real problem is that he billed it to the state/campaign or whatever........ I have read he billed both.......who knows. He also rewarded the receiver of said penis with a job in State Government. That should be a crime. He should be labled a criminal. No different than the man he replaced. Maybe on a different level....... but still a criminal.

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Why the hell does nobody care?Why?

His name doesn't end with "Giuliani" - remember the fuss made with his mistress and how the public "paid" for their trysts?
He's not white
He's not a Republican
They've already lost a Dem Gov and if this guy steps down, a REPUBLICAN will become Gov.
Take your pick. They're all valid.

JustRalph
03-24-2008, 03:56 AM
Why?

His name doesn't end with "Giuliani" - remember the fuss made with his mistress and how the public "paid" for their trysts?
He's not white
He's not a Republican
They've already lost a Dem Gov and if this guy steps down, a REPUBLICAN will become Gov.
Take your pick. They're all valid.

Wow! That makes more sense................ :lol:

The D word once again.........comes to mind

Indulto
03-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Wow! That makes more sense................ :lol:

The D word once again.........comes to mindYou want Paterson to resign so that Bruno -- whose alleged misdeeds are even worse than Paterson's -- can take over? I don't think Paterson will be leaving any time soon.

He should stop talking about 2010, though, unless and until he actually accomplishes something.

Murph
03-24-2008, 05:08 AM
I am completely flabbergasted that nobody cares that the Governor of NY (the new one) has come out and admitted to be a philandering SOB who got his girlfriend a job in State Government . Now I read that he billed his hotel room romps with his gal friend to the state or his campaign as "constituent services" including room service etc.

THIS IS FRIGGIN AMAZING THAT NOBODY CARES!!

Why the hell does nobody care? I can't believe this crap? Why is nobody calling for this guy to step down? How far down the ladder do we have to go to get to a decent human being? Is that the problem? Nobody qualifies anymore?

I have publicly lamented the failings of State Government in my home State of Ohio. But the fact that we no longer can control our governments and that we are standing by and allowing this kind of crap to go on betrays us all. No matter where you live or who you call "your party" this stuff is out of control."He can't take the oath from a coffin," she sobbed. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080324/ap_on_re_us/4000_fallen_citizens_in_death)

Among them:

• Marine Cpl. Armando Ariel Gonzalez, 25, who fled Cuba on a raft with his father and brother in 1995 and dreamed of becoming an American firefighter. He was crushed by a refueling tank in southern Iraq on April 14, 2003.

• Army Spc. Justin Onwordi, a 28-year-old Nigerian medic whose heart seemed as big as his smiling 6-foot-4 frame and who left behind a wife and baby boy. He died when his vehicle was blown up in Baghdad on Aug. 2, 2004.

• Army Pfc. Ming Sun, 20, of China who loved the U.S. military so much he planned to make a career out of it, boasting that he would rise to the rank of general. He was killed in a firefight in Ramadi on Jan. 9, 2007.

• Army Spc. Uday Singh, 21, of India, killed when his patrol was attacked in Habbaniyah on Dec. 1, 2003. Singh was the first Sikh to die in battle as a U.S. soldier, and it is his headstone at Arlington that displays the Khanda.

• Marine Lance Cpl. Patrick O'Day from Scotland, buried in the California rain as bagpipes played and his 19-year-old pregnant wife told mourners how honored her 20-year-old husband had felt to fight for the country he loved.

I think Tom is absolutey correct, we could all really use a looong vacation.
Murph

Tom
03-24-2008, 07:33 AM
We all carry signs that say simply: "You're FIRED!"

delayjf
03-24-2008, 12:54 PM
But as long as the religious right is more concerned that penises stay in pants than that money goes into the pockets of people without principles, then this is what you get.
When you behave in this manner you also set yourself up to be black mailed or intimidated. If this guy ran against Hillary in the Senate - you don't think they'd find out?

Tom
03-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Fact - Spitzer violated the law. It is not about where he puts his package, it is about that the Attorney General and Govenor of our state violted the law.
This dirt bag HAS to do prison time.

Fact - it comes out now that Spitzer was behind not only using state resources to violate the privacy of Bruno ( something so far only alleged by Bush - here is the real deal...where are the libs???? - and he was also the one who leaked it to the Albany Times Union.

Fact - Patterson used state funds to finance his trysts, but he has agreed to repay the money. What is with the dems, first Hillary, now this SOB wants a do-over???? Hey, bank robbers don't have the option to pay it back, neither should Patterson, and he, too must be removed from office and sent to prison.

Fact - Kwami of Detroit was indicted today, more wandering packages couple with more lying about it, this time under oath. His wifey-poo was NOT at his side.

All in all, good show by the dems.......make Larry Craig and his toe tapping look pretty tame...at least he was getting it free. :lol:

Dems..........sleezy little bunch, huh?

Indulto
03-24-2008, 05:06 PM
... Fact - it comes out now that Spitzer was behind not only using state resources to violate the privacy of Bruno ( something so far only alleged by Bush - here is the real deal...where are the libs???? - and he was also the one who leaked it to the Albany Times Union.

Fact - Patterson used state funds to finance his trysts, but he has agreed to repay the money. What is with the dems, first Hillary, now this SOB wants a do-over???? Hey, bank robbers don't have the option to pay it back, neither should Patterson, and he, too must be removed from office and sent to prison.

Fact - Kwami of Detroit was indicted today, more wandering packages couple with more lying about it, this time under oath. His wifey-poo was NOT at his side.

All in all, good show by the dems.......make Larry Craig and his toe tapping look pretty tame...at least he was getting it free. :lol:

Dems..........sleezy little bunch, huh?Your cherry picking is on the sleazy side as well. Why don't you stop focusing on the small stuff (like politician's penises) and start looking at the self-enriching Republicans and Democrats who are THIEVES and not just vice-squad bustees and lunatics.

Reaction to the Spitzer meltdown was very well described by the leftatthegate blogger who also referenced the NY Times article interviewing Spitzer's aides.

Dems and libs are still trying to make sense out of what happened to a man who started out being what they wanted and then semi-secretly became the exact opposite. No one is denying his culpability; or their disappointment and embarassment. While creating his own dirty linen, Spitzer still managed to find that of others.

It's probably already been said elsewhere, but Spitzer would be a prime example of the "Peter Principle" except that we don't know which came first ... incompetence or insanity. ;)

skate
03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
gEES,

this is my topic, ya here me, my topic.

and i recognize that No one, as in Nobody, really-really gives a grape about MY topic.

i stopped voting after the Ross Perot vote.
i stopped working, after fighting for ten years, newspapers, TVs, Radios and Magizines, i used em ALL. that was 1989.

People, for the most part, you've got NO idea. And, hey, i do recognize that everyone on this site (well mostly) have a higher IQ, when it comes to posting in English, i know that and i 'm fine with that.

Truckers, you wanna use truckers for a movement:lol: , woops, excuuuse meeee. You are too (very much ) too late for that, try again, let me know, thank you.

skate
03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Add this,

Every media source goes overboard on criticism about ElBush in regards to his economic policy, which has a 3% to 4% deficit. this is Legal and good for the econopmy.

What you do not here about are the state Budgets, which must legally be in Balence. Nothing from the media or at best a small mention of the state budgets, while a Big-Deal is made of the ElBushey- Budgit.

One is legal
One is Not
One gets attention
One gets snot

Hey ya gots to keep it on the lite side, cause i Really do not give a Grape.

This has everything to do with original post, imo.

Indulto
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
When you behave in this manner you also set yourself up to be black mailed or intimidated. If this guy ran against Hillary in the Senate - you don't think they'd find out?DJF,
You're right. But suppose for a moment that a) prostitution were legal and b) extra-marital sex were mutually agreed upon between spouses. Could one still be blackmailed/intimidated for such behavior?

I would be more concerned about the consequences of that behavior than the circumstances, e.g., STDs, children without parental support, unnecessary abortions, etc., and their cost to society. Unfortunately, neither religion nor legislation has provided a successful solution.

Maybe Spitzer's sanity was compromised by scarcity of sexual activity and then compounded by its sordid secrecy. ;)

Murph
03-24-2008, 10:29 PM
DJF,
You're right. But suppose for a moment that a) prostitution were legal and b) extra-marital sex were mutually agreed upon between spouses. Could one still be blackmailed/intimidated for such behavior?

I would be more concerned about the consequences of that behavior than the circumstances, e.g., STDs, children without parental support, unnecessary abortions, etc., and their cost to society. Unfortunately, neither religion nor legislation has provided a successful solution.

Maybe Spitzer's sanity was compromised by scarcity of sexual activity and then compounded by its sordid secrecy. ;)

" Could one still be blackmailed/intimidated for such behavior?"

Yes, and I am proof of it. This prejudice costs me $$$ every day. I hear you skate, I FEEL all of you. This fuker is broke. We could be too late for some.

Tom
03-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Your cherry picking is on the sleazy side as well. Why don't you stop focusing on the small stuff (like politician's penises) and start looking at the self-enriching Republicans and Democrats who are THIEVES and not just vice-squad bustees and lunatics.

Reaction to the Spitzer meltdown was very well described by the leftatthegate blogger who also referenced the NY Times article interviewing Spitzer's aides.

Dems and libs are still trying to make sense out of what happened to a man who started out being what they wanted and then semi-secretly became the exact opposite. No one is denying his culpability; or their disappointment and embarassment. While creating his own dirty linen, Spitzer still managed to find that of others.

It's probably already been said elsewhere, but Spitzer would be a prime example of the "Peter Principle" except that we don't know which came first ... incompetence or insanity. ;)

Cherry picking? theses are the three news stories in the current cycle.
It is NOT aobut sex - it about elected officals breaking the law and stealing money from the taxpayers. What is more improtant than that? It's your attitude that allows this to happen.

Greyfox
03-25-2008, 10:49 AM
I've raised this in another thread, but I'll raise the idea here as well.

My observation is that in general the public is more tolerant of Paterson than Spitzer. For starters Spitzer was perceived to be an arrogant watch dog pig.

Having said that, David Paterson has admitted:
1. extra marital affairs
2. use of cocaine and marijuana.

Is the public more accepting of this man because he is:
a. blind
b. black
c. black and blind
d. Anyone but Spitzer.
e. All of the above.

Whatever, they public seems more accepting of him. Maybe tomorrow he'll say "Oh...by the way... I murdered a man too years ago..."

Tom
03-25-2008, 11:49 AM
He is a smooth talker.
The Obama- syndrome again.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2008, 01:04 AM
No, the real reason is a REPUBLICAN is next in line to be Governor should Patterson resign (as he should). And I am certainly no Joe Bruno fan....as he will probably end up resigning as well once all his skeletons are out....:lol:

Want a good way to get rid of all the dirty politicians in NY? Make them Gov!

skate
03-26-2008, 04:18 PM
:lol:

Pell Mell
03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
What middle class?

Politicians haven't really changed. The difference today is that there's so much monitoring, electronic tracking, and information gathering that nobody's secrets are safe, anymore.

Paterson is getting a pass because relative to Spitzer, his political tumor is considered benign. But as long as the religious right is more concerned that penises stay in pants than that money goes into the pockets of people without principles, then this is what you get.

If the Spitzer-haters really want to get off, they'll make prostitution legal. The world's oldest profession must be a successful business model to have endured so long. ;)

If the government could figure out how to put meters on vagina's, prostitution
would be legal tomorrow.:rolleyes:

delayjf
03-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I suppose it would depend on the individual. If he has no shame and doesn't care what others think of him, then I guess your right. I know as a society we are more tolerant of this kind of behavior - but I can't imagine anyone getting re-elected after confessing that he and his wife are swingers.

Tom
03-27-2008, 12:41 PM
He's black, he's blind, he swings, he travels around with an entourage of former girl friends.......sounds like a blues singer, not a govenor.

JustRalph
03-27-2008, 12:42 PM
He's black, he's blind, he swings, he travels aroud with an entourage of former girl friends.......sounds like a blues singer, not a govenor.

:lol: :lol: BB Paterson???