PDA

View Full Version : Friday's LRL Analysis

Bill Olmsted
03-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Race 1 #1a MARCO GROOM (8/5 ml) trained by Scott Lake will be taking on serious money; However, #2 DIVINE PLAN (2/1) is plunging to a new low after a big win at CT last time. Suspicious drop? Maybe. But owner Robert Cole (41% wins; 138 starts 2008) isn’t afraid to drop after a big race. I’m betting DIVINE PLAN across the board, and will box both horses in the exacta. Also, daily doubles of DIVAN PLAN & MARCO GROOM with FLEW BY YOU in the 2nd race.

Race 2 I’m going with our friend, Mr. Cole, again to complete the Daily Double. #8 FLEW BY YOU (7/2) got shut off at the break last time in its first race after Cole/Lake re-claimed it. This is the level where FBY has won before and it could go coast-to-coast. I’m betting FBY across the board (in addition to the 2nd half of the double).

Race 3 #8 CATLIKE MOVE (3/1 ml) is the tepid ml favorite in this basement level 5k claimer. I normally don’t bet these cheapies, but I respect the trainer, Billy Campbell, who trained for me. Billy is the type of trainer that you can bet blindly and make money with. He shows a killer flat bet profit with all of his mounts. He is one of the “little guys” who operates under the radar and thus is under-bet by the crowd. I’m going across the board again.

Race 4 #4 BLUE’S BABY BOY (3/1 ml) is another Billy Campbell-trained horse, a maiden claimer this time. I get the feeling this afternoon is graduation day as BBB is coming back after being on the bench since 2/1 and Campbell is excellent with these layoffs (41 .27 $3.08). Another W-P-S wager.

Race 5 --PASS

Race 6 Our friend Mr. Cole has another one, #3 SHE’S A BLUE DEVIL (8/5) that is likely to be bet down hard. Claimed two races back, SABD is racing for a price tag 7k less than it was claimed for. Since the odds will likely be short, I’m betting to Place only because that’s where I think the value will be.

Race 7 Campbell is back with his third entry, #8 PICASSO’S IMAGE (3/1 ml) who he claimed last time for 20k for owner Jack Jordan--who is the only owner Billy trains for other than himself. Now stepping up into N1x Allowance company PI fits well here. Campbell gets 29% winners (23% ROI) with first time claims. That, together with PI’s high level of consistency, makes this another juicy W-P-W wager.

Race 8 & 9 PASS

Good luck!

B :)