PDA

View Full Version : That's a big Bear!

wonatthewire1
03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Some interesting commentary from a hedge fund manager from his site

A very big Bear commentary (depending how you look at it)

http://www.minyanville.com/articles/index.php?a=16331

50% rise in the markets over 8 years truly a bull or a retracement from 2000-01's bear!

robert99
03-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Very rare for someone to actually have that depth of perception.
Wall St actions remain predictably bizarre - ignore the bad news, ignore reality, but the slightest good news and any problems are all behind us. A bit like the Toad in "Wind in the Willows".

They told us in Euroland we were doing all the wrong things and we were old fashioned having sound markets and sound currency, but the Euro boomed and the European stock exchanges had real gains based on a sound currency. Now Euroland has the highest GDP in World, and USA GDP is as bogus as its financial institutions, being based on borrowing money it does not have, to finance further foreign imports.

chickenhead
03-21-2008, 06:11 PM
shucks, I've been saying that very thing for awhile now. I never saw that Euro denominated chart before, except in my minds eye, but it's just about what I thought it would look like.

I disagree with him tho on the how far things will go, he's basically predicting we're gonna be Japan so far as shrinking monetary base, savings increases, etc. We are fundamentally different in many ways..I hope we go far enough that way, but I don't think we need to worry about too much about deflation. We are always ready to borrow money.

chickenhead
03-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Wall St actions remain predictably bizarre - ignore the bad news, ignore reality, but the slightest good news and any problems are all behind us.

Hmmm. Treasuries outperforming stocks over the past DECADE is your idea of irrational exhuberance in the stock market? In what world?

wonatthewire1
03-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Posted as a different point of view instead of the insane heads on the financial programs...

Pretty cool website with a lot of free stuff if you like to get some different perspectives as they have a lot of different people in the 'business' but not so bent on being 'famous'