PDA

View Full Version : NEW YORK RACE2 SUNDAY 2-09-03

NYRAcapper
02-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Race 2 also appears interesting heres the breakdown

#1 STREETMUSIC
Laid off since April this horse shows a 5F bullet on Feb 1 for his return. The race kinda sets up for his pressing style if he is truely ready to run. Trainer stats suggest he may do just that as trainer Rodney Jenkins sports the following pertinent #s
route/sprint ---31starts---won 29%----ROI$2.89
Dirt--------------230starts--won 25%---ROI$2.24
Sprint-----------165 starts-won 28%----ROI$2.78
MSW-------------67starts---won 30%---ROI$2.84
You can't argue with those numbers and a MLO of 10-1 CONTENDER.

#2 CANYON WISH
Should improve in second start but needs to find some more tactical speed first TOSS

#3 DR. GUILIANI
Jockey switch appears negative and probably is cept for the fact that Aaron Gryder hops on the only type of horse I feel comfortable using him on. A front Runner. This guy is the speed of the speed and if he breaks I think it's over. CONTENDER at 8-1

#4 OH LUCKY ME
Very interesting. Fields best closer apparently and quite possibly the only true closer. May be worth a flyer on that angle alone but I believe the class hike will prove too much TOSS

#5 TELL J
Nick Zito's been pretty hot on the inner, specially with this type. MY problem with this one is that he apparently wants to e near the front. He ain't fast enough to get there and he ain't got no late kick on paper may suprise but I'll TOSS

#6 GOLCONDA
Speedster adds blinkers for todays effort and they could be cause for improvement. This one is solid and has hit the money 7-11 times at this distance. Problem is price 4-1 is awfully low and she is the slowest of the speeds by my count. 12 tries should have been more than enough and this isn't one of the weaker MSW fields at AQU this meet TOSS

#7 VAR
Gets first time Lasix which should help his ability to hold his speed Not sure he can clear but he may not need too as it appears to me he could press a little CONTENDER

#8 LIFE on the FREEWAY
Castellano stays aboard after apparently having his choice of a few of these. Owns races 2nd best last race final fraction, indicating to me at least some pressing ability. 10 point Improvement over last wins this CONTENDER

#9 ARMY CAT
First time starter gets lasix--always a good sign with a firster--at least in my book. Dont care for the fact that his most recent work on Feb1 was from the gate. Indicates to me he still has some work to do TOSS

Selections in ORDER with my oddline
#3 Dr. Guiliani (7-2)
#8 Life on the Freeway (7-2)
#1 Steet Music (4-1)
#7 Var (9-2)

cj
02-09-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by NYRAcapper
Race 2 also appears interesting heres the breakdown

#9 ARMY CAT
First time starter gets lasix--always a good sign with a firster--at least in my book. Dont care for the fact that his most recent work on Feb1 was from the gate. Indicates to me he still has some work to do TOSS...

On January 23d, Ben Perkins Jr sent out Missy's Joy 1st time, a daughter of Forest Wildcat. She scored easily at 9-2. Deja vu today?

As for the gate work on Feb 1, I think you have to have one for the horse to race, so that would explain it. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CJ

NYRAcapper
02-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Ya got me there CJ, MY BAD --------------lol

cj
02-09-2003, 10:59 AM
NYRA,

I wasn't trying to "get ya", promise, I'm always trying to learn more. I thought the horse might be a good wager, so I looked into what you had said, nothing more. The funny thing is, I had just read about the other Perkins horse in Simulcast Weekly before I opened the PPs, so it was fresh in my mind.

CJ

NYRAcapper
02-09-2003, 11:31 AM
I know you weren't CJ, dont worry I'm not uptight just here to have some fun and make a fool of myself :-)

Suff
02-09-2003, 12:49 PM
In A conversation with the Starter at Saratoga...I was informed All thoroughbreds recieve a Minimum of 10 untimed Gate works as a 2 year old or 3 year old for the sole purpose of getting used to being loaded into a small confined space. Regardless of posted amount of gate works... They've all seen it 10 times minimum. The 10 attempts are a manadatory requirement of United Pulpit... who owns a monopoly on Gates at Major tracks.