PDA

View Full Version : Scanned Photos Appear too Small

NormanTD
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm still using film for photographry but sometimes want to scan in a photo with my Lexmark X83. I scan the photo in and save it as a .jpg but when I open the .jpg with any program, it appears to be 1/4 the size it should be.

Any suggestions on how to enlarge it once it's in or how to scan it in "real size"?

njcurveball
03-18-2008, 01:05 PM
There should be a place where you can change the scan settings. Just be aware that this is a low end printer and the scan quality will not be as good as you probably are used to seeing in a "real" photo (you sound like a photographer to me).

I believe my scanner has settings called Resolution or Resize, look for them.

JustRalph
03-22-2008, 09:35 PM
http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:516:0:0&framed=&docid=ENUS22446&relevance=1

This document shows you how to change the "photo size" and other options......................fyi

wilderness
03-24-2008, 12:23 AM
www.scantips.com

Every second you spend on this website (which has existed for nearly 15 years) will save you days and weeks in time (should you ever use your scanner extensively; (most people never learn)).

For another and regarding quality of scanners?
I've been using a $50 scanner (for nearly five years) as a heavy duty workhorse with thousands of images under its belt, not to mention the thousands of documents that have been OCR'd through the same scanner.