PDA

View Full Version : "Lust In Yonkers!" Act II

Teach
03-18-2008, 07:20 AM
By this time, I was snakebit. Frustrated. I had called and dated -- or tried to date -- four women. Two, I never got to meet. One was a klepto, the other, well...blah.

Yet, I figured one more name on the list. What the heck. Nuthin ventured, nuthin gained. So I called. Her name was Lee. She sounded very pleasant on the phone. I recall asking her if she'd enjoy going to the harness races. She said, "Yes." I told her I'd pick her up Friday evening at 7 PM.

That Friday evening, I drove into Manhattan from Manhasset, NY. I arrived at Lee's place shortly before seven o'clock. I rang the bell; she buzzed me in. I recall taking an elevator up to her apartment. I knocked on her door. I waited. She opened the door. What I saw next was: Nice. Very nice.

They say that first impressions are lasting. Lee made an exquisite first impression. Petite. I'd say about 5-foot-3. Nicely packaged. Had she been a tad taller, she coulda modeled. As I used to say, "Every piece of the puzzle fit together, perfectly."

Yet, not only was she extremely attractive, but she turned out to be quite personable. Our conversation wasn't about her but about me. She also made frequent eye contact; I liked that.

As we rode north up the Saw Mill River Pkwy toward Yonkers, we had a very enjoyable conversation. We were both educators, in a manner of speaking. Lee was an editor for a children's book publishing company; I had been teaching high school social studies in the Manhasset Public Schools.

We eventually arrived at Yonkers and I got us a couple seats in the clubhouse. I gotta tell you, I couldn't take my eyes off of Lee. Frankly, I was thinking thoughts I shouldn't have been. She was that enticing. In those days -- in a manner of speaking -- I could "easily climb the ladder." Candidly, at that moment, I had this strong urge to be a second-story "cat burglar."

That evening at Yonkers we had a great time. I gave Lee a few bucks to bet. At first, she said, "I really shouldn't." But I insisted. Wouldn't you know it, I'm handicappin like there's no tomorrow and she bets are horse named "Rosie" -- her aunt's first name -- and it pops for twenty bucks. She ended up buying me a drink and a hot dog. I said, "You don't have to." She insisted. "Oh, I really like this woman."

All throughout that night I kept thinkin', "Of all the disappointments I've had with this computerized dating, this evening makes up for it -- in spades."

As I recall, we left Yonkers before the races were over. I suggested that we go to a dinette for a cup of joe and some dessert. Lee suggested we go back to her place. She said she had just baked a fresh apple pie, and that she could fix us a cup of coffee. I remember saying, "That's fine with me."

On the way back to Lee's place, I decided to what I call: "Test The Waters." As we were stopped at a red light, I reached over and ever so gently stroked Lee's thigh. She smiled. Just then, the light turned green and we were off again and on our way.

Eventually, we arrived back at Lee's apartment. I recall that she asked me to make myself comfortable as she went into the kitchen to warm up the pie and fix us a couple coffees. About five or so minutes later, Lee came out of the kitchen with my piping hot apple pie and a coffee. "How do you take your coffee, Walt?" she asked. "Black, no sugar," I said. Lee then went back into the kitchen and emerged a minute later with her slice of pie and a coffee.

As I remember, we engaged in some small talk as we sipped on our coffees and took bites of pie. I do recall we had a good laugh about her hitting the "Aunt Rosie" race. It so happened that Rosie liked to make annual trips to Vegas, so betting on a horse with her name was entirely appropriate.

Yet, there was something I didn't tell Lee. In fact, in hindsight, if I had met her sooner, it might have changed my thinking: I had recently decided to leave Manhasset and accept a position in the Boston Public Schools. I had done so primarily because, in the two years I was there --- I was quite lonely. I missed my friends and my familiar stomping grounds. I just needed to get back to my familiar surroundings. Yet, as I looked at Lee, I kept thinking, "Why didn't I meet you, sooner? Why didn't I meet you sooner? Just my luck."

As it was getting late, I made gestures of checking my watch and hinting that it was getting close to the time that I needed to leave. I figured before I left I'd kiss Lee and hold her and then say, "Good-bye." What would happen next would be completely unexpected -- on a first date.

As I was about to get up, Lee said, "Can you wait just a minute, I want to show you something." I said, "Sure." Lee then retreated into what looked like a bedroom. I couldn't imagine what it was she was going to show me.

About a minute or so later, Lee came out of her bedroom. Frankly, my heart skipped a beat. She had returned wearing this alluring negligee. I recall her out fit was bright red. It was low cut revealing a hint of cleavage. She filled it out beautifully. I was absolutely wowed. I felt at that moment that I was staring at this beautiful object d'art, only this was the real thing: a living, breathing, beautiful creature.

I recall that Lee came up close to me and kissed me on the cheek. I then took both hands and brought her closer to me. We kissed -- passionately. It was electric. I recall that she began to unbutton my shirt.

Oh, I wanted to stay. Oh, I wanted to stay so badly. In hindsight, this is one of those moments that comes along, even in married life, on such an infrequent occasion. Here was this most attractive female coming onto to me like I was nectar and she was a bee; only she was the sweet, mellifluous-smelling blossom.

I know what you'll be thinking once I tell you the rest, but I'm trying to tell an honest story. I didn't do anything with Lee that night --- or ever again, for that matter. Yes, we hugged and embraced and kissed passionately, but that was just about as far as it went.

What I hadn't mentioned was that I was scheduled to join my father and younger brother for a Red Sox game at Fenway Park the next afternoon. Yeh, I suppose I coulda said I was sick and couldn't make it, but I didn't want to disappoint both my dad and brother. Frankly, I needed to get some rest before trekking back to Boston. I tried doing the "no sleep" routine once and nearly got killed falling asleep at the wheel. I wasn't gonna do that again.

Besides, I knew that this would likely be the last time I'd ever date Lee as I was leaving for Boston, permanently, in a little over a week.

In the end, we kissed, embraced -- and I said goodbye.

As a postscript, I did call Lee a few days later and thanked her for a wonderful evening. I mentioned that I was leaving soon for Boston and as much as I enjoyed her company, it wouldn't be realistic for me to carry on a 200-mile distant relationship. I do recall saying that "if she were ever up in Beantown that she should please look me up."

Yes, in hindsight, it was sad. I kept thinking, "Why hadn't I met her. sooner?" Yet, I'll always remember that night that we went to Yonkers Raceway. How I eyed her throughout the evening. Yes, it truly was: "Lust In Yonkers."

spicytomato
03-18-2008, 01:44 PM
:)

i love your stories

a book anytime soon??

sounds like the ones i read in chicken soup for the soul

blessings teach

it brightened my day:)

Fwizard
03-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Holy Cow--I actually was rooting for you to score.

Sea Biscuit
03-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Teach Did'nt it ever occur to you that you could have tied the knot with her.

Forgot to mention. The story was reviting to say the least