PDA

View Full Version : Marvex 'A Regular Income From Racing'

Naas2006
03-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Hi

A nervous first post. Does/Has anyone any knowledge (or possibly have for sale) of where I may get a copy of the below mentioned (Out of Print) book. I have tried Maysons and Browsers (in the UK) but to no avail. There were four books printed and I have the other three but this one escapes me, any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Naas2006

'A Regular Income From Racing', BY Marvex published in 1956 his real name was Paul Bernard Selby but he wrote under pseudonym of Marvex.

PS Please PM me with any details etc

Naas2006
04-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi Again

A month has passed and I am still no further. Would anyone know where I can search for or get in contact with booksellers whom may not be on the web but may specalise in these out of print type books. I have already tried the better known sellers on the web, just any directions (if no one has a copy) would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Naas2006

Hosshead
04-18-2008, 02:20 AM
What do you mean "there were four books printed" ?

Naas2006
04-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi

There were four books/booklets printed and the other three are titled as below;

THE ASSESSMENT OF FORM

BETTING FOR PROFIT

THE JUDGEMENT OF FORM

The above three can be bought as reprints from Browsers in the UK but I already have them (two in original format). The fourth in the series is the one that seems to be most elusive and that is the one I require help with.

Thanks again

Naas2006

robert99
04-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Naas2006,

Could try Cox Library
http://www.thecoxlibrary.com/default.aspx

else try Dublin Trinity Library or British Library to photocopy parts.

HUSKER55
04-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Just a thought for you to try,

Amazon has lists of used book sellers and people who buy collectables on just about any topic you can think of.

Contact one of them and see if there is a way to send out a queerie.

Maybe it will work.

I have always found what I want that way.

:)

Naas2006
05-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Hi All

This seems to be an impossible task. I do not think there are many more stones to turn. Absolute nish from all sources so far but thanks for the above anyway.

Thanks again

Naas2006

Naas2006
05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi All

Is this book the holy grail? Can books just completely disappear?

There seems to be a bit of interest in the post, so can I ask one more time is anyone aware of any other avenues I could possibly take to avail this item.:bang:

Thanks again

Naas2006

robert99
05-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi All

Is this book the holy grail? Can books just completely disappear?

There seems to be a bit of interest in the post, so can I ask one more time is anyone aware of any other avenues I could possibly take to avail this item.:bang:

Thanks again

Naas2006

Possibly there may be some copies that found their way to Australia or New Zealand. So try Ausrace and NZ racing forums. The British Library has a copy of every book published in UK. Write a letter to Raceform Update, UK, where Marvex has been mentioned in the Sports Forum pages.

Kelso
05-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Naas,
What is your opinion of the two Form booklets?

Thank you