PDA

View Full Version : Carlyle: couldn't have happened to better clowns

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Carlyle managers set to lose $135m after collapse

By Nick Mathiason / Guardian

Senior managers at private equity giant Carlyle face personal losses of $135m following last week's collapse of its mortgage-backed security fund Carlyle Capital Corporation (CCC).

Carlyle employees held 15 per cent of the $22bn fund, which was worth $900m when it floated just seven months ago. Investors are unlikely to see much, if any, cash returned.

CCC collapsed last Thursday after being unable to meet a $400m 'margin call' - a demand from its investors to shore up its position with additional funds. Along with Bear Stearns and Northern Rock, CCC is the most dramatic casualty of market meltdown.

The CCC fund borrowed $31 for every $1 of its own: a vivid insight into the hugely leveraged and arcane debt markets that are now rapidly unravelling.

Carlyle stresses that the financial impact of CCC's demise to its other businesses is 'de minimis'. But concern is growing over the wisdom of Carlyle's aggressive buying spree last year as the US sub-prime crisis began to unfold. Some of Carlyle's investments made in the first half of last year were on huge multiples and are believed to have lost significant value.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2008, 02:23 AM
Karl Marx would probably share in your glee.

In a free market economy, those who take great risks reap great rewards, as well as hefty losses.....

Those that sit back and merely point and laugh usually reap little by comparison.

Snag
03-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Those that sit back and merely point and laugh usuAlly reap little by comparison.

Thanks PA. I couldn't resist.

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 10:09 AM
In a free market economy, those who take great risks reap great rewards, as well as hefty losses.....

Those that sit back and merely point and laugh usually reap little by comparison.
I chose a different market without these crooks too well represented.

DJofSD
03-18-2008, 10:17 AM
I chose a different market without these crooks too well represented.

Kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

I think what you meant to say it you'd rather have the government control the markets thereby removing all choice and making life that much simpler for you.

You'd rather choose to have no choices.

Tom
03-18-2008, 10:21 AM
If you chose to make no choice, then you have made a choice.

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

I think what you meant to say it you'd rather have the government control the markets thereby removing all choice and making life that much simpler for you.

You'd rather choose to have no choices.
No I did not say that since I have NEVER invested in the stock market and never will.....

lsbets
03-18-2008, 10:44 AM
No I did not say that since I have NEVER invested in the stock market and never will.....

Well that's certainly a sound financial decision. Good to see your open mind at work again. :faint:

delayjf
03-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm starting to lose faith in the Illuminati.

skate
03-18-2008, 04:19 PM

Well, this looks like another cover-up by the cover guys (Lbj, Hiccups, And the Zillyone), unless you add the fact that the info you gave was about the UK.

Or did you assume, we already knew, and no cover up exist.

You have a knack for this sort, you continue to play the Negatory.

UK or USA, not the same.
And if you keep this up, PA will run short of ink, soooooooooo...

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 04:23 PM
You really need to take English composition 1-A or at least dumb-bell English.

You are in sore need of it.

skate
03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
there you are, in the corner again you are a waste.

A zero;)

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Capitals, punctuation, spelling....wow! a lot of work in the basic understanding of the language are all ahead of you IF you work hard.

Tom
03-19-2008, 12:01 AM
You should talk - I have corrected numerous punctuation and grammatical errors of yours recently. But not all. Would you like me to?

a lot of work in the basic understanding of the language are all ahead of you IF you work hard.

First of all, a should be A - it is the first word of a sentence. Secondly, a lot of work is, not a lot of work are all.

All I can say to YOU is, "A lot of work in the basic understanding of the language is ahead of you if you work hard.":lol:

Grow up, 46 - this isn't kindergarden.

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm starting to lose faith in the Illuminati.That's a good one! Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

skate
03-19-2008, 06:18 PM
That's a good one! Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

Hey , i thought that was good also, but i couldn't get past the IDEA of trying to explain to ;) ;) "others".;)

skate
03-19-2008, 06:23 PM
You should talk - I have corrected numerous punctuation and grammatical errors of yours recently. But not all. Would you like me to?

46 - this isn't kindergarden.

Yepper, these guys seem too thick. might be that this is the cause of their loath to surrender.

It's easier for them to ignore, rather than own up to a 98% correction rate.:lol: