PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Obama's church?

dav4463
03-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Does he really expect us to believe he didn't know his preacher of twenty years was a racist who hates America? :lol:

Tom
03-17-2008, 11:37 PM
And he was his sprititual adviser to boot! :lol:

dav4463
03-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Obama following this guy is no worse than a white candidate who is in the KKK!

Tom
03-18-2008, 07:27 AM
He's a dem, too, isn't he? :rolleyes:;)

Marshall Bennett
03-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Many blacks are even turning on him . :cool:

ljb
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
If any of you had taken the time to listen to him this morning you would have seen that he offers hope. And we should take it.
Hope I didn't upset any of you for jumping into your Obama bashing thread with a glimmer of hope for the future.

Marshall Bennett
03-18-2008, 01:34 PM
If any of you had taken the time to listen to him this morning you would have seen that he offers hope. And we should take it.
Hope I didn't upset any of you for jumping into your Obama bashing thread with a glimmer of hope for the future.
I listened to his speech this morning and admit he did well . I'll give credit where credit is due . The problem is he should have made the speech six months ago .

Dave Schwartz
03-18-2008, 02:08 PM

What he offers is words of hope.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Tom
03-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Words you can Xerox by.

I hope I hit the lottery, ljb.
The thing, is hope is pie in the sky. You need actions.

I heard him today and was not impressed the least.

Greyfox
03-18-2008, 02:19 PM
The guys an orator. He can charm the birds from the trees.
He's known Wright for 20 years. His kids have heard Wright there entire lives.

There are two alternatives.

1. If he didn't know Wright's views until now, he's ....stupid.
2. If he knew Wright's views, he was stupid to continue to associate with him.

Either way I see poor judgement. Sorry.

DJofSD
03-18-2008, 02:24 PM
From the bits and pieces I've heard (not heard about, actually snipets of the sermons), I'd say his homilies are anything but religious. They're political. And as such all expemptions from Federal taxes should be revoked.

Marshall Bennett
03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
One other thing , Michelle wasn't there by his side . Probably somewhere gritting her teeth smashing her fist through a wall . :mad:

Shenanigans
03-18-2008, 05:27 PM
If McCain or Hillary were associated with a white supremest church their campaign for presidency would be ended. Obama is associated with a black supremest church and he's allowed to explain himself? WTF? We live in such a double standard society.:rolleyes:

GaryG
03-18-2008, 05:38 PM
If McCain or Hillary were associated with a white supremest church their campaign for presidency would be ended. Obama is associated with a black supremest church and he's allowed to explain himself? WTF? We live in such a double standard society.:rolleyes:affirmative action....

riskman
03-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Ralph Waldo Emerson:
A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

TrifectaMike
03-18-2008, 07:25 PM
If he were a white man with a similiar association, his run for the whitehouse would be be dead in the water. Associations do matter. No words can change such a long standing friendship. This is his mentor, his spiritual leader, and a person that has shaped his thinking.

His judgment is in question. His lie about not having any knowledge, or wasn't present during the sermons places his veracity in question. The man is a fraud. He is a front man for a belief system and policies which are unamerican. Oh he has the correct lingo. So have many others before him from various stripes...Castro, Mussolini and others have spouted all the right stuff...until they attained power.

His association with the "minister" is a matter of choice. Not some crazy uncle he inherited.

I believe he is fraud and a dangerous man.

ljb
03-18-2008, 07:40 PM
A couple of comments regarding Obama's speech

For as Greg Sargent at TPM said, "Obama's speech, throughout, asks its listeners to transcend themselves -- it asks them to choose nuance over cartoonish political controversy; it asks them to acknowledge stuff about race they don't want to acknowledge; it asks them to think big instead of small."

And as Charles Murray--yes, that Charles Murray--at The Corner said "It is so far above the standard we're used to from our pols... rhetorically, but also in capturing a lot of nuance about race in America."

Hank
03-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Words you can Xerox by.

I heard him today and was not impressed the least.

Dam Tom, your a hard man to impress:D.No pol has ever spoken about race in America like that before.

taxseason
03-18-2008, 08:48 PM
If he were a white man with a similiar association, his run for the whitehouse would be be dead in the water. Associations do matter. No words can change such a long standing friendship. This is his mentor, his spiritual leader, and a person that has shaped his thinking.

His judgment is in question. His lie about not having any knowledge, or wasn't present during the sermons places his veracity in question. The man is a fraud. He is a front man for a belief system and policies which are unamerican. Oh he has the correct lingo. So have many others before him from various stripes...Castro, Mussolini and others have spouted all the right stuff...until they attained power.

His association with the "minister" is a matter of choice. Not some crazy uncle he inherited.

I believe he is fraud and a dangerous man.

Your under the false assumption that if Obama left that church and went to one 4 blocks down the road or 4 miles down the road that he would encounter a black minister who was not giving sermons that offend you.

I thought Obama explained it in a way that found common ground. But more importantly he said that if disowning Reverend Wright was required for the presidency then he don't want the job that bad.

No matter how you shake it , you would be completely naive to believe John McCain or Hilary Clinton will change Washington DC. If you pull either of those levers expect much more of the same, and please don't whine when it comes.

Shenanigans
03-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Your under the false assumption that if Obama left that church and went to one 4 blocks down the road or 4 miles down the road that he would encounter a black minister who was not giving sermons that offend you.

I thought Obama explained it in a way that found common ground. But more importantly he said that if disowning Reverend Wright was required for the presidency then he don't want the job that bad.

No matter how you shake it , you would be completely naive to believe John McCain or Hilary Clinton will change Washington DC. If you pull either of those levers expect much more of the same, and please don't whine when it comes.

You would be completely naive in believing that your Obama will make any positive changes for your white ass (assuming your ass is white.)

Obama bringing up the fact that is white grandmother was once scared of walking by black men is just ludicris. There are certain neighborhoods in this country (no matter what ethnicity) that I would be scared to walk in, the color of the skin wouldn't be the reason.

taxseason
03-18-2008, 09:16 PM
You would be completely naive in believing that your Obama will make any positive changes for your white ass (assuming your ass is white.)

Obama bringing up the fact that is white grandmother was once scared of walking by black men is just ludicris. There are certain neighborhoods in this country (no matter what ethnicity) that I would be scared to walk in, the color of the skin wouldn't be the reason.

I don't like these conversations. On the internet or in person.

In this case you are wrong and misleading. Obama did not make the point that his white grandmother felt scared walking past black men. His point was that she admitted it to him. Probably in a way that disclosed her shame and conflicting thoughts, both loving her black grandson while harboring racist feelings.

He used it to demonstrate how many of us feel. We all want to accept each other equally, but we all harbor our own predjudices and we need to talk about them. Like his Grandmother!

Of the three, he is far and away the most candid, the most principled, the most honest, and all his positions are on his web site.

So rather than lazily repeat what his political opposition says, go to his web site and read for 20 minutes. "all he has is words"? How would one know that if not simply reapeating words they hear? Because factually its not true or even nearly true.

Th

Teach
03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
There's an expression Latin called: "Facta, non verba." Translated: "Deeds, not words." I have a Cuban son-in-law who tells me that Castro eloquently blew smoke up everyone's asses. People were impressed. Hypnotized. Sure many wanted a better life than they had under Fulgencio Batista. What they got was repression and communism. This has nuthin to do with Obama, Clinton or McCain. Just remember, you can say whatever the heck you want. Are you gonna follow through? Are you just serving the moment? The hour? What is the real agenda?

DJofSD
03-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't like these conversations. On the internet or in person.

In this case you are wrong and misleading. Obama did not make the point that his white grandmother felt scared walking past black men. His point was that she admitted it to him. Probably in a way that disclosed her shame and conflicting thoughts, both loving her black grandson while harboring racist feelings.

He used it to demonstrate how many of us feel. We all want to accept each other equally, but we all harbor our own predjudices and we need to talk about them. Like his Grandmother!

Of the three, he is far and away the most candid, the most principled, the most honest, and all his positions are on his web site.

So rather than lazily repeat what his political opposition says, go to his web site and read for 20 minutes. "all he has is words"? How would one know that if not simply reapeating words they hear? Because factually its not true or even nearly true.

Wow, talk about drinking the cool-aid.

Fact is Obama associates with a racist minister. He can't and won't disown him or his current association with him. This is not guilt by association. This is about values, his judgement and what individuals and groups will likely influence him if he were elected to the office.

He sounds like a mother pleading her murdering son's case before the judge. You can plead and equivocate, rationalize, etc., but what it comes down to is 'da facts, ma'am' and the facts are his minister is a racists.

ArlJim78
03-18-2008, 10:04 PM
he can give speeches every day until the election. I don't care how good the speeches are they won't change the simple fact, if you associate with that type of hatred for so long it calls into question his judgement. the average american would walk out of a vile sermon like that within 5 minutes, and not refer to the guy as a friend and mentor. bad judgement.

ElKabong
03-18-2008, 10:35 PM
the racist reverend (aka "my spiritual leader") did Obama in with the words "God Bless America? NO, NO NO NO. I say GOD DAMN AMERICA".

On so many levels this racist has done Obama in. A lack of judgement of charachter. Lack of principle, in letting this racist become his morale compass. His inability to speak to the racist pastor and "change" his racist mind.

Some superdelegates are going to be happy, tho. Their votes will be highly $ought after very $oon.

riskman
03-18-2008, 11:33 PM
The smear campaign against Obama has just begun. As he wins primary after primary, racking up delegates and leaving Hillary in the electoral dust, these right wing gas bags blow gusts of slanderous invective which will turn into a full category 5 gale force. What we are witnessing is the first stage of a calculated attempt to characterize the supposed Democratic nominee as a secret Muslim, a black nationalist, and a 3 a.m. threat to hearth and home.

Today we have the likes of the "drive by" right wing radio hosts (ie. Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin,) hyperventilating and shilling for the Clintons, carrying out the widely noted Clintonian scorched-earth strategy of making Obama unelectable, then biding their time until 2012. It's amazing that these phonies would rather see Hillary in office than McCain. Talk about strange bedfellows – or, on second thought, not so strange.

Clearly, Obama is the candidate the neoconservatives fear and loathe: the loathing is on account of his antiwar views, at least when it comes to Iraq, and the fear stems from the fact that campaigning against him will be difficult. Hillary they can handle: she'll mobilize the troops and weld together the fractured Republican coalition in opposition.

The NOW strategy is to make Obama answer for each and every one of Wright's pronouncements, no matter how wacky or lame-brained. Obama can and must be held responsible for Wright's opinions on every subject under the sun, including those he had no knowledge of. What a bunch of crap. Are you responsible for the acts of your family, friends and yes, your minister, priest or rabbi?

BTW-- I do not support Obama for President nor Hillary. It appears there are a lot of people that are SCARED and feeling uneasy that a black man may be your president. You will come up with anything to stop him.

The War Party is in full battle mode, and it is determined to destroy Obama. Will it succeed? Stay tuned…

ElKabong
03-18-2008, 11:55 PM
riskman said>> The smear campaign against Obama has just begun.....

Since when did "smear" include direct quotes such as "God Damn America" from a spiritual advisor of said candidate? Obama has suffered a self inflicted wound by attaching himself to a racist hatemonger.

No spinning your way out of this one. His words and hateful delivery speaks for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwQWuQVE6sw&feature=related

Tom
03-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Smear campaign?
Yeah, right.
First, we can't use his given middle name.
Now, we can't use the truth.

Is he trying to get into the WH on affirmative action?

He is showing his true colors - not black, transparent.
A racist biggot. And a liar. End of story.

Hillary, have at him! :lol:

ElKabong
03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Yep, the Clintons do know how to play this game, do they not?

If Obama thinks the heat is on now, wait until October- assuming he wins the nomination. These quotes, and his close association with a racist hatemonger of a "mentor" will render him completely unelectable.

The Dem superdelegates have their hands full right about now.

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2008, 12:38 AM
People still seem to miss the simple fact that even if this pastor never existed, Obama still couldn't win the national election in November.

Hell, even if Obama were as white as John McCain, he STILL couldn't win the national election, for reasons I have written about on other threads. It's not about race, or pastors. It's about a man who is completely unelectable in a general election, based on political philosophy alone.

No way, no how, not now.

bigmack
03-19-2008, 12:39 AM
This is now officially one of the top 10 flame outs in American Politics.

Again, where is the left wing outrage at these hateful/racist comments?

ddog
03-19-2008, 01:10 AM
People still seem to miss the simple fact that even if this pastor never existed, Obama still couldn't win the national election in November.

Hell, even if Obama were as white as John McCain, he STILL couldn't win the national election, for reasons I have written about on other threads. It's not about race, or pastors. It's about a man who is completely unelectable in a general election, based on political philosophy alone.

No way, no how, not now.

Cute, but in this country, he could be the black Barry Goldwater and he wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

If my father or grandfather or even myself grew up with what most minorities had to endure in this country, your DAMN straight I would be saying G-D that environment.

we are are all saints and never would ........

riskman
03-19-2008, 01:50 AM
riskman said>> The smear campaign against Obama has just begun.....

Since when did "smear" include direct quotes such as "God Damn America" from a spiritual advisor of said candidate? Obama has suffered a self inflicted wound by attaching himself to a racist hatemonger.

No spinning your way out of this one. His words and hateful delivery speaks for itself.

Who said these words? Obama?
Presidential politics usually requires candidates to either wholly adopt or reject positions and people. Obama did neither with his pastor, rejecting his most divisive statements but also filling in the picture of Rev. Wright and his church.

“The church contains in full the kindness and cruelty, the fierce intelligence and the shocking ignorance, the struggles and successes, the love and, yes, the bitterness and biases that make up the black experience in America,” Mr. Obama said.

He admitted that his pastor is both a divisive figure and an inspiring one. He said that his candidacy should not be viewed through a merely racial lens, though racial reconciliation is one of the reasons he ran.

Let the chips fall where they may. As I said before, I do not support Obama.

riskman
03-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Smear campaign?
Yeah, right.
First, we can't use his given middle name.
Now, we can't use the truth.

Since when did you let anyone tell you what you can say?

He (Obama)acknowledged white anger, too — over things like affirmative action and forced school busing — but urged both sides to address the subject to find a way forward.

“Race is an issue that I believe this nation cannot afford to ignore right now,” Mr. Obama said. He said the controversies over the past couple of weeks “reflect the complexities of race in this country that we’ve never really worked through — a part of our union that we have yet to perfect.

Indulto
03-19-2008, 06:22 AM

Hope I didn't upset any of you for jumping into your Obama bashing thread with a glimmer of hope for the future.What he offers is words of hope. …Words you can Xerox by.

I heard him today and was not impressed the least.Words are what this forum and politics in general are all about. In November, we will decide whose words have the most meaning to us, individually. What actions would Tom and DS advocate under these circumstances that would create/promote "hope,” and by whom?

Tom,
I don’t know if Obama could have said anything to diminish the political damage done by his association with Wright in the wake of those video-taped sermons, but under tremendous pressure, he responded appropriately in a way I want our next president to do when forced to make a decision in the face of a dilemma.

Obama’s situation hardly erases either McCain’s flip-flopping flirtation with the late Rev. Falwell and his flock, or his more recent endorsement by still another religious leader spewing divisive political rhetoric.

After listening to the “words” of the three remaining presidential candidates on the Sunday morning shows, I find Clinton the least forthright, convincing, or capable of leadership. And before anyone accuses me of gender bias, I have been surrounded by intelligent, capable women my entire life and the notion that females are less competent (or dangerous) than males is totally foreign to me.

I think she suffers from Bill Clinton’s image and influence even more than Al Gore did. Is she associated with “hope?” Only relative to McCain, IMO, because he appears ready to extend the Bush debacle.

Obama’s words today convinced me that he is the candidate best-equipped to make high-level decisions from conflicting input by competent advisors. Given the "wrong" Wright connection, I hope he will provide some indication of who would be advising him in the White House.

So when those who support the status quo (which sometimes equates to protecting one's own interests at the expense of the common good), I tend to take their words with a grain of salt.

You don't have to be bitter or biased to bash Barack, but it helps. ;)

hcap
03-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Words are what this forum and politics in general are all about. In November, we will decide whose words have the most meaning to us, individually.Exactly Indulto! I don't think our "right-reclining" crowd is anywhere to be seen on McCains' connections to Haggee or Parsley. 10x as creepy as Obamas' pastor

lsbets
03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Based on the PA polls, it seems that most Dem voters are not taking kindly to the association with Wright. Hillary has a huge lead. She might not catch him in delegates, but if she crushes him the rest of the way, the superdelegates will have their excuse to give it to her - he is unelectable.

Indulto
03-19-2008, 08:37 AM

No way, no how, not now.Based on the PA polls, it seems that most Dem voters are not taking kindly to the association with Wright. Hillary has a huge lead. She might not catch him in delegates, but if she crushes him the rest of the way, the superdelegates will have their excuse to give it to her - he is unelectable.Do I detect the familiar distract and defeat by dismissal tactic so well-practiced by some of our resident right-recliners?

It seems that two of our renowned, but relatively reserved practitioners of that art have declared Obama unelectable. Don't bother making up your own mind, they already know what you're thinking. The only thing I'm sure of is that they don't want Obama elected.

Should we question Obama about his relationship with Wright? Of course! And if all angry, bitter, blacks are going to stay that way and not make an effort to support Obama's efforts to bridge the divide, they will fulfill this prophesy. Wright and others like him had better step forward and start convincing non-blacks that indeed it is white racism and not the white race they resent.

And non-blacks -- especially among ethnic and religious minorities -- that truly desire a more representative government with less influence by special interests, had also better reach out and encourage reconciliation.

If more of the last eleven years is what you want, then by all means support McCain or Clinton. Nothing I've heard or read so far has convinced me that most Americans want a replay of that period.

Tom
03-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Tom,
I don’t know if Obama could have said anything to diminish the political damage done by his association with Wright in the wake of those video-taped sermons, but under tremendous pressure, he responded appropriately in a way I want our next president to do when forced to make a decision in the face of a dilemma.

How's that, throw your grandmother under the bus? I can see this nut case making that same speech after the next 9-11 attack. No thanks.

lsbets
03-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Indulto, I am rather disappointed with your comprehension skills this morning. I thought it was pretty clear that I was not stating my opinion on whether or not Obama is electable, I was stating that the Hillary campaign by pushing the Wright story is giving the superdelegates the excuse they need to hand her the nomination with Obama leading in votes and delegates. So far, the polls in PA have Hillary with a giant lead. If that holds up and she crushes him after the speech has had a chance to sink in, it is almost guaranteed that the nomination will go her way. This also follows what I said last week in another thread about why I felt this story was being pushed by her campaign. I'm rather disappointed, I thought you were more astute than your last post. You're sounding more like Zilly or Sec than yourself this morning.

Now, when you say you're sure I don't want Obama elected, you are dead on right on that. It wouldn't take anyone with a brain more than two seconds of thought to get that one, but that feeling also has nothing to do with the post of mine you decided to comment on.

Rook
03-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Of the three, he is far and away the most candid, the most principled, the most honest...

Obama is more candid, principled and honest than John McCain?:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the guy who voted "present" more than 100 times in the Illinois Senate because he didn't want to go on record for taking a position that might anger someone. A guy who hasn't taken a single controversial policy position that runs counter to his Democratic party.

McCain in contrast, is not Mr. Polling & Pandering. He has spent his life standing up for what he believes in no matter if his opinion is in the clear minority or if it results in his bones being broken by a Viet Cong.

If Obama was honest he would change his slogan from "Change You Can Believe In" to "Hope for Dopes".

lsbets
03-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Obama is more candid, principled and honest than John McCain?:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the guy who voted "present" more than 100 times in the Illinois Senate because he didn't want to go on record for taking a position that might anger someone. A guy who hasn't taken a single controversial policy position that runs counter to his Democratic party.

McCain in contrast, is not Mr. Polling & Pandering. He has spent his life standing up for what he believes in no matter if his opinion is in the clear minority or if it results in his bones being broken by a Viet Cong.

If Obama was honest he would change his slogan from "Change You Can Believe In" to "Hope for Dopes".

Rook, don't forget he is also the guy who traded a million dollar earmark with his wife's employer in exchange for her promotion and more than doubling of her salary. Yeah, that's real change there - just another crooked, but smooth talking politician.

betchatoo
03-19-2008, 10:31 AM
On the subject of religion. I grew up Catholic. I heard over and over again how I should only marry a Catholic and it was best if I only associated with other Catholics. I heard the tale of the wandering Jew and how members of other Christian religions were going to hell and how people who have never heard of Christ were going to be denied salvation because they weren't Catholic. Was what Reverend Wright said any worse than this.

By the way I grew up not hating non-Catholics and not embracing all of the churches ideals. And no, I didn't spend any time trying to tell the priests their sermons were wrong. I could, in fact, remain a member of the church (though I no longer affiliate with any religion) and not believe in all their teachings.

GaryG
03-19-2008, 10:38 AM
This guy is not a Christian preacher, he is a fraud. He was using the Lord's name in vain to curse the U.S. from his pulpit.....while doing the boogaloo.

Rook
03-19-2008, 10:39 AM
On the subject of religion. I grew up Catholic.

That's where your analogy with Obama breaks down. He wasn't forced to attend this church as a child and then drifted away like you did when you got older. He joined when he was 28 years and liked enough of what he heard from Wright to make him one of the most important people in his life. This is a major story because it says volumes about his judgment.

xtb
03-19-2008, 11:14 AM
On the subject of religion. I grew up Catholic. I heard over and over again how I should only marry a Catholic and it was best if I only associated with other Catholics. I heard the tale of the wandering Jew and how members of other Christian religions were going to hell and how people who have never heard of Christ were going to be denied salvation because they weren't Catholic.

Your experience was different than mine, and many others I'm sure.

Indulto
03-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Indulto, I am rather disappointed with your comprehension skills this morning. I thought it was pretty clear that I was not stating my opinion on whether or not Obama is electable, I was stating that the Hillary campaign by pushing the Wright story is giving the superdelegates the excuse they need to hand her the nomination with Obama leading in votes and delegates. So far, the polls in PA have Hillary with a giant lead. If that holds up and she crushes him after the speech has had a chance to sink in, it is almost guaranteed that the nomination will go her way. This also follows what I said last week in another thread about why I felt this story was being pushed by her campaign. I'm rather disappointed, I thought you were more astute than your last post. You're sounding more like Zilly or Sec than yourself this morning.

Now, when you say you're sure I don't want Obama elected, you are dead on right on that. It wouldn't take anyone with a brain more than two seconds of thought to get that one, but that feeling also has nothing to do with the post of mine you decided to comment on.lsbets,

One’s comprehension of your writing may vary with the coffee one drinks upon wakening. Perhaps Folgers Decaf and Texas Roast lead one to different conclusions. Upon re-reading, I can see where both interpretations are possible, and I have no reason to doubt your stated intention. To whatever degree my comprehension is functioning, however, it seems you managed to avoid stating what your opinion actually is on whether or not Obama is electable. That disappointed me.

But I did appreciate your apparent assessment of my astuteness as worthy of comparison with that of 46 and Sec.

lsbets
03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Indulto - my thoughts on whether or not Obama is electable were not relevant at all to the comment I made regarding where I thought Hillary's people would push this with the superdelegates. If you're that curious, I would much rather see Obama get the nomination, he is not electable.

Folgers? Wow, thats two strikes today.

GaryG
03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
If B Hussein survives the dem convention the republicans will have him sliced, diced and skewered. That would be more destructive to the dem party than McGovern was. Weren't all of the libs laughing and scratching here not too long ago?

rastajenk
03-19-2008, 12:28 PM
And if the Clintonists win the nomination, they will lose the party. It's lose-lose all around. Who could ask for more? :lol:

Marshall Bennett
03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
If Obama leads in delegates and popular vote , there is no way the superdelegates are going to risk destroying their party , not to mention start a civil war , by giving Hillary the nom... unless Obama were to somehow transform himself into a white man between now and then . :D

Tom
03-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Operation Chaos is working rather well. :D

While it looks like Obam's roots may have been diversified, it his adult life's choices has not - he been solidly on one side of the racial gap and part of the problem.

I don't know where he gets his hair cut, but in my barber shop, we talk sports, horses, and women. Can't ever remember the "struggle" coming up. Most of us could care less about it. We have passed that part of our history and do not dwell in the past as Barry Hussein seems to be doing. He talks of hope and lives the past. He talks of unity and supports the dividers. He talks of change while conducting BAU. And so many have bought it, hook line and sinker. :rolleyes:

Tom
03-19-2008, 12:48 PM
If Obama leads in delegates and popular vote , there is no way the superdelegates are going to risk destroying their party , not to mention start a civil war , by giving Hillary the nom... unless Obama were to somehow transform himself into a white man between now and then . :D

I think he can rule out any help from his white gramma! The one with tread marks up her back. :lol:

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Typical white man racism. Such ignorance in this thread.

First Obama was "really a Muslim"

Now its "Christian cultists"

Never realized so much racism and ignorance on this board.

Bunch of threatened white guys looking for any and all reasons to come out against Obama. Using their code words to do so. Be proud in your racism at least. Far more respect for the KKK then the dolts who post here playing the "Just another Angry Black Man" card.

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I think he can rule out any help from his white gramma! The one with tread marks up her back. :lol:

Yes because everyone knows that we all must agree 100% on all issues. Friends, family members, etc. There cannot be disagreement on anything. We all must think alike.

Tom
03-19-2008, 01:46 PM

Bunch of threatened white guys looking for any and all reasons to come out against Obama. Using their code words to do so. Be proud in your racism at least. Far more respect for the KKK then the dolts who post here playing the "Just another Angry Black Man" card.

So you agree with Jeramiah's statements? What code words? I don' tknow how I could be any clearer - Obama is a racist biggot and liar. Just the other day. Barry O had a fit when Geraldine Ferraro told the truth and used the B word - if you want to end racism, start with the side that won't let go of it, that uses it an excuse. Frankly, considering how many people are afraind to speak out and throw in affirmative action, one has wonder just why it is so many blacks are STILL failing in life. Curious, isn't it. Do you have your decoder ring handy? :rolleyes::bang:

Tom
03-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Yes because everyone knows that we all must agree 100% on all issues. Friends, family members, etc. There cannot be disagreement on anything. We all must think alike.
No, but I would tend not to help a relative who threw me under a bus for his own personal gain. Class act, Barry O, class act.

Hank
03-19-2008, 01:51 PM
whew!! I was all set to vote Obama till I read this thread and found out He's really a racist Biggot who apparently hates his own mom and murdered his granny by hurling her under a bus. once elected He was all set to morph into Heuy Newton and call for the enslavement of all whites.I'm sure glad you guys in the know set me straight.I'm sure you guys were going to vote Obama also.wow we lucked out.:lol::lol:

riskman
03-19-2008, 02:07 PM
If B Hussein survives the dem convention the republicans will have him sliced, diced and skewered. That would be more destructive to the dem party than McGovern was. Weren't all of the libs laughing and scratching here not too long ago?

IMO,this Obama speech will staunch some of Obama's losses among Democratic voters. A mass desertion of disillusioned Obama supporters, combined with a complete loss by Obama of the white vote, is the only thing that could give Hillary Clinton the huge margins of victory she would need in the remaining primaries to make up her deficit in pledged delegates. And only by reducing or eliminating that lead and showing that she has powerful momentum late in the contest can she convince the superdelegates to take the nomination away from Obama. After this speech, that once again looks impossible, so Barack Obama is once again the clear presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party.
In a contest between a man who sat in the pews Sunday after Sunday while his pastor bad-mouthed America, versus a war hero who endured torture for his country, no one on the right will even regard this as a choice.

Tom
03-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, Riskman, Obama charged McCan'ts base far more than he ever could have. I think when you get accused of creating aids to destroy a whole race of people, you tend to get a little pissed of.

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
So you agree with Jeramiah's statements? What code words? I don' tknow how I could be any clearer - Obama is a racist biggot and liar. Just the other day. Barry O had a fit when Geraldine Ferraro told the truth and used the B word - if you want to end racism, start with the side that won't let go of it, that uses it an excuse. Frankly, considering how many people are afraind to speak out and throw in affirmative action, one has wonder just why it is so many blacks are STILL failing in life. Curious, isn't it. Do you have your decoder ring handy? :rolleyes::bang:

Ferraro is a fool and you are too for not recognizing it and for also saying Obama himself is a racist. What actions has he taken that are racist. He is part white by the way

Marshall Bennett
03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Obama doesn't have to say he's a racist ... ever hear of guilt by association ?

Tom
03-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Ferraro is a fool and you are too for not recognizing it and for also saying Obama himself is a racist. What actions has he taken that are racist. He is part white by the way

Why is Ferraro a fool? I agree, if Obama were white, we would not have heard of him.

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 03:13 PM

So if my father is a racist that makes me one?

Idiotic logic

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Why is Ferraro a fool? I agree, if Obama were white, we would not have heard of him.

Well if thats what you think nothing I say will change your mind.

If you honestly believe that the "only" thing he has going for him is "being black", and that "being black" is an inherent advantage in this country then there is nothing for us to say

To denigate another persons life like that sickens me to the core. Guy has accomplished far more then you ever will

JustMissed
03-19-2008, 03:17 PM
In a contest between a man who sat in the pews Sunday after Sunday while his pastor bad-mouthed America, versus a war hero who endured torture for his country, no one on the right will even regard this as a choice.

Agree that McCain is a war hero and suffered greatly during the Vietnam War.

What I don't understand is, after 3 decades and what we(and he) knows now of the invalidity(for lack of a better word)of that war, how in the world could he support sending our boys and girls over to Iraq to fight in a war that started only due to the lies and greed of BUSHCO.

In my mind, someone who spent 5 1/2 years locked in a cage and beaten should be doing everthing in his power to keep that from ever happening to anyone else for no good reason.

Following is a snippet of a refresher about Vietnam War for the lemmings and other dull minded here who might want to follow along:

"These events convinced President John F. Kennedy that Ngo Dinh Diem would never be able to unite the South Vietnamese against communism. Several attempts had already been made to overthrow Diem but Kennedy had always instructed the CIA and the US military forces in Vietnam to protect him. In order to obtain a more popular leader of South Vietnam, Kennedy agreed that the role of the CIA should change. Lucien Conein, a CIA operative, provided a group of South Vietnamese generals with $40,000 to carry out the coup with the promise that US forces would make no attempt to protect Diem.

At the beginning of November, 1963, President Diem was overthrown by a military coup. After the generals had promised Diem that he would be allowed to leave the country they changed their mind and killed him. Three weeks later. President Kennedy was also assassinated.

After the assassination of John F. Kennedy, his deputy, Lyndon B. Johnson became the new president of the United States. Johnson was a strong supporter of the Domino Theory and believed that the prevention of an National Liberation Front victory in South Vietnam was vital to the defence of the United States: "If we quit Vietnam, tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

Johnson, like Kennedy before him, came under pressure from his military advisers to take more 'forceful' action against North Vietnam and the NLF. The Joint Chiefs of Staff advised Johnson to send United States combat troops to South Vietnam. The overthrow of President Ngo Dinh Diem had not resulted in preventing the growth of the NLF. The new leader of South Vietnam, General Khanh, was doubtful that his own army was strong enough to prevent a communist victory.

Johnson told his Joint Chiefs of Staff that he would do all that was necessary to prevent the NLF winning in South Vietnam but was unwilling to take unpopular measures like sending troops to tight in a foreign war, until after the 1964 Presidential Elections. Just let me get elected," he told his military advisers, "and then you can have your war."

JM :confused:

ps: For the record I served in the U.S. Navy during the 60's.

bigmack
03-19-2008, 03:24 PM
To denigate another persons life like that sickens me to the core. Guy has accomplished far more then you ever will
Exponential denigration took place on the alter of Wright's church. Obama has called Wright the single most influential person in his life and now excuses his, too be sure, RACIST, tirades as "I don't agree with everything he says".

What really sickens is a Momo like you running around pointing a finger at the wrong folk. Double standard never enters your accusatory mind? How bout if we have a discussion about racist remarks without some fool like yourself calling the wrong people racists?

Pathetic!

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Exponential denigration took place on the alter of Wright's church. Obama has called Wright the single most influential person in his life and now excuses his, too be sure, RACIST, tirades as "I don't agree with everything he says".

What really sickens is a Momo like you running around pointing a finger at the wrong folk. Double standard never enters your accusatory mind? How bout if we have a discussion about racist remarks without some fool like yourself calling the wrong people racists?

Pathetic!

Much of what the Pastor said was not racist. If you want to bring up specific quotes I will discuss them one by one. People are being led by their nose by the media on this. As always. Suckers. People say the guy is "hateful" and "racist" without ever having to prove it. Without ever discussing and analyziing. People just say it and repeat it and its accepted as fact. And because I said that someone will now come in and say I am condoning every word the guy has uttered. Which I am not.

None of this has any bearing whatsoever on how Obama would run the country.

This is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Orchestrated by Clintons and the the Right. Tag team. All nonsense.

Americans are sheep when it comes to these things. Bark on command when media tells us to.

And then these things bring out the closet racists. Who use code words. Who bitterly resent a black man doing anything. And they pile on.

Those orchestrating this nonsense COUNT ON the racists to pile on. Which is all you need to know about race relations now.

Marshall Bennett
03-19-2008, 03:53 PM
So if my father is a racist that makes me one?

Idiotic logic
Obama's pastor isn't his father .

GaryG
03-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Obama's pastor isn't his father .You don't know that....

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Obama's pastor isn't his father .

So guilt by association if non family? Okay I got it.

This makes Obama not qualified for President. Got that.

Amazing. Sheep to the slaughter

Greyfox
03-19-2008, 05:48 PM
The fact is that Obama has stated that he drew inspiration from the man in this video.

http://patterico.com/2008/03/14/jeremiah-god-damn-america-wright-has-formal-role-in-obama-campaign-and-plays-significant-role-in-his-life/

The fact is that Obama has stated that he drew inspiration from the man who made these controversial comments, including God Damn America!

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/18/raw-data-some-controversial-statements-by-rev-wright/

To claim that he was unaware of Wright's views is unbelievable. I don't believe that I am a racist for pointing out the above facts. With respect to Obama, you can draw your own conclusions.

bigmack
03-19-2008, 05:58 PM
So guilt by association if non family? Okay I got it.

This makes Obama not qualified for President. Got that.
Another confused wacko using the sheep theme.

Obama says that rather than advising him on strategy, Wright helps keep his priorities straight and his moral compass calibrated.

"What I value most about Pastor Wright is not his day-to-day political advice," Obama said. "He's much more of a sounding board for me to make sure that I am speaking as truthfully about what I believe as possible and that I'm not losing myself in some of the hype and hoopla and stress that's involved in national politics."

Later he would base his 2004 keynote speech to the Democratic National Convention on a Wright sermon called "Audacity to Hope," --also the inspiration for Obama's second memoir, "The Audacity of Hope."

Though Wright and Obama do not often talk one-on-one often, the senator does check with his pastor before making any bold political moves.

Is that enough "association" for you? Nah, he's just his pastor and has no reflection on him running for President of the (what is it) USKKK of America. Right on, dude. Who's the sheep again?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/religion/profiles/chi-070121-relig_wright,0,5184608.story?coll=chi_news_custom_ religion_promo

Gibbon
03-19-2008, 06:17 PM
USKKK of America. The proper designation is “Klan with a tan” coined by Thomas Sowell (http://www.tsowell.com/).

Tom
03-19-2008, 06:19 PM
This is the spritual adviser to a man who wants to be president?
This church gets tax free status?
NOT controversial????????

The bottom line, what kind of anti-American pepole go back to this disgrace hell hole every Sunday? The lowest of the low, the worst our nation has to offer.

wWRs6avkm4s&feature=related

Shenanigans
03-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't like these conversations. On the Internet or in person.

He used it to demonstrate how many of us feel. We all want to accept each other equally, but we all harbor our own prejudices and we need to talk about them. Like his Grandmother!

Th

Looks like you missed the real point that he was making. He was comparing his "loving, white grandmother" to be no different than his black pastor. He was implying that he had someone close to him that was white but also a racist and that he was not going to denounce her because of her views at one time in her life. Get it?
It's one thing to have a racist family member but it is another thing to voluntarily attend a church that spews hate against another race and preaches "black power". If these people want to be looked upon as equal citizens and be accepted equally then why do they separate themselves? Because what Wright preaches only encourages separation. No?
Obama isn't the most honest candidate. Did you miss him saying last week that he was never in attendance during one of Wright's rants, only for him to admit in his speech that he was?? That's being honest? He admitted because he knew some investigating would find out he did attend. BTW, one of his supporters was a member of this church but quit it about ten years ago. Her name is Oprah Winfrey. She's a sharp woman, why do you think she quit? Would you continue to attend a church for 20 years if you encountered regular sermons that you didn't agree with?

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Looks like you missed the real point that he was making. He was comparing his "loving, white grandmother" to be no different than his black pastor. He was implying that he had someone close to him that was white but also a racist and that he was not going to denounce her because of her views at one time in her life. Get it?
It's one thing to have a racist family member but it is another thing to voluntarily attend a church that spews hate against another race and preaches "black power". If these people want to be looked upon as equal citizens and be accepted equally then why do they separate themselves? Because what Wright preaches only encourages separation. No?
Obama isn't the most honest candidate. Did you miss him saying last week that he was never in attendance during one of Wright's rants, only for him to admit in his speech that he was?? That's being honest? He admitted because he knew some investigating would find out he did attend. BTW, one of his supporters was a member of this church but quit it about ten years ago. Her name is Oprah Winfrey. She's a sharp woman, why do you think she quit? Would you continue to attend a church for 20 years if you encountered regular sermons that you didn't agree with?

You are dead wrong. He was in no way saying the situations were equivalent. He was trying to have an adult conversation about race. Which is why most didnt get it

bigmack
03-19-2008, 07:38 PM
You are dead wrong. He was in no way saying the situations were equivalent. He was trying to have an adult conversation about race. Which is why most didnt get it
Mr. Didactic on the scene again with his "you just don't get it" pontifications.

Enlighten us oh great man of deep wisdom.

"He was trying to have an adult conversation about race" :lol::lol:

Tom
03-19-2008, 08:00 PM
No, like a typical lib, Barry O chose to blame everyone else and point fingers, Of course the racist pig of a pastor was not to blame - it was the school system ( mostle run by dems), bad neighborhoods ( in ciites run by dems) his grammy ( that old white racist), global warming, you name it. All he had to do was say the pig was wrong, that kind of tallk was unacceptable and be done with him. Ironincall,y it his party that created all the reasons he tried to use.

"Present!"

alysheba88
03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
No, like a typical lib, Barry O chose to blame everyone else and point fingers, Of course the racist pig of a pastor was not to blame - it was the school system ( mostle run by dems), bad neighborhoods ( in ciites run by dems) his grammy ( that old white racist), global warming, you name it. All he had to do was say the pig was wrong, that kind of tallk was unacceptable and be done with him. Ironincall,y it his party that created all the reasons he tried to use.

"Present!"

By the way you have a perfect avatar!

Steve 'StatMan'
03-19-2008, 08:51 PM
This is the spritual adviser to a man who wants to be president?

He's the spiritual leader of a man elected to the IL State Senate. Doesn't surprise me, and as news reports show, would be representative of many of his constituents from his district, many in the pews with him. There could easily be IL State Senators in other districts that have spiritual leaders and districts where the people are to the extreme opposite of this situation too.

He's the spritual leader of a man who was elected one of IL's 2 U.S. Senators, in a race easliy decided when his main opponent had to drop out due to a sex scandal (disclosures from the Jack Ryan/Geri Ryan divorce case) and faced subsitute candiate Alan Keyes, who didn't have the backing of most of the IL Republicans Leadership. All this, in the wake of an unpoplar Republican Governor George Ryan (no relation), who did not seek relection due to a growing bribery scandal.

Anyone running for President needs to be able to withstand severe scrutiny, often ugly and many times unfair or unrealistic. All candiates for President need to keep a healthy distance from controversial and extreme groups - all serious Presidential contenders since the Civil Rights Movement have rightly had to do this - being connected with people, groups, churches, etc that have any ugliness along racial & ethnic lines has hopefullly been abandoned by all serious candiates for decades. A David Duke could end up representing his district, but would thankfully NEVER be a viable candiate for the Presidency, and his run in LA for a U.S. leadership position (was is Senate or House?) rightfully cast some serious looking at his candidacy, and what his potential election was saying about his consituents, and he was thankfully not elected to those positions. And No, I don't believe David Duke's pastor (whoever he may be), and I doubt anyone who lists David Duke or his pastor as a significan influence or advisor could be an electable President of the U.S., at least not in the Post-Civil Rights era either!

I don't know when Barack Obama first decided to run for the U.S. Presidency, he is quite young, and only won that IL senate seat a little over 3 years ago. I'll suggest that he and his handlers should have done a little planning, positioning, perception-cleansing, etc. before trying a presidental run. That the Democrats are obviously trying to sieze what they perceieve as an opportune moment to replace Pres. Bush and the Iraq & other situations tells me that they rushed his candidacy, although he sure has parlayed his momentum well.

I still see an experience issue, among the economic and political & potential policy issues. This, at the 'campaign level' is another 'experience issue'. Many other candidates from both parties have had a good decade or two at the national level to position themselves. He got to this point in just 3 years at the national level.

Like everything all other candidates must go through, it has been put on the table, let everyone work, spin, digest it as they do everything, and see what the 'collective wisdom' of the electorate does, as they will determine the final outcome for 2008 (and 2012, 2016, ....)

mountainman
03-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I have no problem with Obama defending his pastor. In fact, I respect him for it. What I don't admire is him betraying his grandmother. That was reprehensible and will cost him at LEAST as many white votes as will his minister's controversial remarks.

Tom
03-19-2008, 09:29 PM
By the way you have a perfect avatar!

What grade are you in, Aly?
You and Hank on spring break today?
Wanna kick it up to adult level?

GaryG
03-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I'll say this about Hank....he has an excellent command of the English language....

riskman
03-19-2008, 10:44 PM

To my knowledge, neither Jerry Falwell nor Pat Robertson ever retracted or denounced their view that America provoked the 9/11 attacks by doing things to anger God. John Hagee continues to believe that the City of New Orleans got what it deserved when Katrina drowned its residents and devastated the lives of thousands of Americans. And James Inhofe -- who happens to still be a Republican U.S. Senator -- blamed America for the 9/11 attacks by arguing in a 2002 Senate floor speech that "the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America" because we pressured Israel to give away parts of the West Bank.

The phrases "anti-American" and "America-haters" are among the most worn out and manipulative in our entire political vocabulary, but whatever they happen to mean on any given day, they easily encompass people who believe that the U.S. deserved the 9/11 attacks, devastating hurricanes and the like. Yet when are people like Falwell, Robertson, Hagee, Inhofe and other white Christian radicals ever described as anti-American or America-hating extremists? Never -- because white Christian evangelicals who tie themselves to the political Right are patriotic. Does the Republican Party beleive that these christian leaders are anti-American radicals and that people who allow their children to belong to their churches are exercising grave errors of judgment?

Why dont these preachers keep their noses out of politics and tend to their vocation of saving souls.

Remarks taken from:
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/03/17/wright/index.html

Tom
03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
This is where seperation of Church and State should be - not Christmas trees or mangers in city halls. You talk politics from the pulpit, you should be paying taxes - no more tax exemptins. The right wing preachers are whores and always have been. Whoever pucnhes on of those idiots inthe nose gets my vote. The Catholic Church - my church - is one of the owrst violators. They harbored chil molesters and tried to cover up horrendus crimes. Bishops should be doiing hard time and all Catholic properites in this country - ALL - should be paying property taxes. And since they now are activley involved in trying to allow illegal immigration, localities should be forwarding the bills they incur as a result to the Pope for payment.

Marshall Bennett
03-19-2008, 11:08 PM
To my knowledge, neither Jerry Falwell nor Pat Robertson ever retracted or denounced their view that America provoked the 9/11 attacks by doing things to anger God. John Hagee continues to believe that the City of New Orleans got what it deserved when Katrina drowned its residents and devastated the lives of thousands of Americans. And James Inhofe -- who happens to still be a Republican U.S. Senator -- blamed America for the 9/11 attacks by arguing in a 2002 Senate floor speech that "the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America" because we pressured Israel to give away parts of the West Bank.

The phrases "anti-American" and "America-haters" are among the most worn out and manipulative in our entire political vocabulary, but whatever they happen to mean on any given day, they easily encompass people who believe that the U.S. deserved the 9/11 attacks, devastating hurricanes and the like. Yet when are people like Falwell, Robertson, Hagee, Inhofe and other white Christian radicals ever described as anti-American or America-hating extremists? Never -- because white Christian evangelicals who tie themselves to the political Right are patriotic. Does the Republican Party beleive that these christian leaders are anti-American radicals and that people who allow their children to belong to their churches are exercising grave errors of judgment?

Why dont these preachers keep their noses out of politics and tend to their vocation of saving souls.

Remarks taken from:
I wouldn't vote for them either .. and if they were to tie their chain to McCain he'd lose my vote as well . :cool:

Indulto
03-20-2008, 04:03 AM
The media’s current feeding frenzy reminds me of the “Dean Scream” four years ago. Obama may recover; he may not. I would hope that fair-minded voters will reserve judgment until it subsides and we can assess the extent of this “pastoral” influence.

Revealing a candidate’s “spiritual” advisor will probably become the Press’s first order of business in future elections. Too bad they didn’t start in 2000 when Bush thought God wanted him to run for President.

Certainly we need to know more about each candidate’s chief political advisor in case we have another Karl Rove waiting in the wings, or an “energy” advisor like Ken Lay.

Forcing candidates to identify their influencers could provide greater insight into their intentions. Obama’s latest problem may be an opportunity. Whereas it would have previously appeared presumptive of him to preview potential cabinet choices, perhaps presenting his preferences now would reverse the momentum.

In any event, Obama will simply have to become more innovative to show voters that he actually represents a change for the better. I think he’s up to the task.

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 08:27 AM

Remarks taken from:

Great post

Rook
03-20-2008, 09:15 AM
If you honestly believe that the "only" thing he has going for him is "being black", and that "being black" is an inherent advantage in this country then there is nothing for us to say

Being black is an advantage with white Libs who suffer from irrational guilt and will do anything to be perceived by their peers as "cool". Supporting an unqualified but cool candidate like Obama fits Libs like a glove.

Being black is neutral with people who actually judge others by their abilities and accomplishments instead of their skin color. If Colin Powell had wanted the Republican nomination in '96 or 2000, he would have been very tough to beat. Only a lack of ambition, not color, stopped him from being President.

And he has accomplished far less than virtually anybody in the Senate. His resume is a joke compared with his colleagues and other leading presidential candidates from previous decades. He is completely unprepared for the job. But that is the essence of "affirmative action"; a term more honestly called "reverse discrimination".

HUSKER55
03-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Have you ever noticed that those peole who condemn America are also the ones who don't have faith in thier convictins to leave? We are not keeping them here. I wonder why that is?

Have you ever noticed that those starting the trouble were educated at taxpayer's expense?

It is nothing but a hussle for the bucks by providing people what they want. A reason for failing.

Bitch all you want but Obama is right about one thing. Until America stops this racial nonsense we are not going anywhere. We need to get rid of Affirmative Action and get peole here in America to work. If we don't move ahead as one will not move ahead at all.

There are major, major problems coming down the pike and now is the time to get ALL American on board moving in one directin with no bull-shit.

Just my humble opinion. Thanks for listening.

:)

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Have you ever noticed that those peole who condemn America are also the ones who don't have faith in thier convictins to leave? We are not keeping them here. I wonder why that is?

Have you ever noticed that those starting the trouble were educated at taxpayer's expense?

It is nothing but a hussle for the bucks by providing people what they want. A reason for failing.

Bitch all you want but Obama is right about one thing. Until America stops this racial nonsense we are not going anywhere. We need to get rid of Affirmative Action and get peole here in America to work. If we don't move ahead as one will not move ahead at all.

There are major, major problems coming down the pike and now is the time to get ALL American on board moving in one directin with no bull-shit.

Just my humble opinion. Thanks for listening.

:)

Love it or leave it. Amazing people still spew that crap

Nice use of several of the code words/Phrases that sheet wearers use.

"trouble makers". "go out and work". "affirmative action". All too obvious what you are really getting at

I see a future in track management for you with that thinking. They use same in regard to horseplayers

DJofSD
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM

Ya, well, there was this guy that wrote a book in the 1960's, He put it a different way: if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Ya, well, there was this guy that wrote a book in the 1960's, He put it a different way: if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

And love it or leave it is the exact opposite of the solution. Dont you see that?

You are discussing two diamatrically opposed thoughts.

Part of the solution is identifying problems. Not head in the sand

Rook
03-20-2008, 12:05 PM

It's hardly crap. It's common sense. If you hated your country, you would have to be an idiot to keep living there. The world is full of places that welcome foreigners with open arms.

I've made 12 trips to Asia and have met dozens of Westerners who have created new lives for themselves instead of being malcontents in their homeland.

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 12:09 PM
It's hardly crap. It's common sense. If you hated your country, you would have to be an idiot to keep living there. The world is full of places that welcome foreigners with open arms.

I've made 12 trips to Asia and have met dozens of Westerners who have created new lives for themselves instead of being malcontents in their homeland.

It is crap.

As is the idea that any criticism or analysis is "hate"

If someone wants to make things better they are called haters.

Rook
03-20-2008, 12:15 PM
It is crap.

As is the idea that any criticism or analysis is "hate"

If someone wants to make things better they are called haters.

So, back to the topic on hand, how is J. Wright trying to make things better by spewing hatred and bile? How was Obama trying to make things better by sitting on his ass and listening to this crap for 20 years without ever challenging the creep?

DJofSD
03-20-2008, 12:17 PM
o, back to the topic on hand, how is J. Wright trying to make things better by spewing hatred and bile? How was Obama trying to make things better by sitting on his ass and listening to this crap for 20 years without ever challenging the creep?

Ditto that.

King Ritchie
03-20-2008, 12:29 PM
So Obama tells us that Pastor Wright helped him, his wife and his children believe in Christ, God, Faith - things you can't touch or feel.

Yet they are not to believe in the other things he has preached about? Maybe Obama and his wife can separate out the good from the bad but what about the children. Come-on...........this is simply brainwashing. This is what the radical muslims do to get their flocks - strap-on bombs and blow up people who disagree.

Marshall Bennett
03-20-2008, 12:32 PM

They're problem with living abroad is no one there would listen ( or put up with ) their bitching . Here they have an open forum so to speak . :cool:

GaryG
03-20-2008, 12:33 PM
So, back to the topic on hand, how is J. Wright trying to make things better by spewing hatred and bile? How was Obama trying to make things better by sitting on his ass and listening to this crap for 20 years without ever challenging the creep?Absolutely. Let's just imagine what the reaction would be if Wright were a white "preacher" saying hateful things like that. Lawdy Clawdy the shit hits the fan. Rook....hope all is well. Have a Happy Easter.

HUSKER55
03-20-2008, 12:51 PM

Nice use of several of the code words/Phrases that sheet wearers use.

"trouble makers". "go out and work". "affirmative action". All too obvious what you are really getting at

I see a future in track management for you with that thinking. They use same in regard to horseplayers

Racism is racism regarless of the label. If it is not right for one it is not right for the other.

Live with it, unless you and Obama are afraid of a level playing field.

Tom
03-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Why did this nut rant and rave for 20 years?
Because instead of taking action, Obama "hoped" he would "change.":lol:

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
So, back to the topic on hand, how is J. Wright trying to make things better by spewing hatred and bile? How was Obama trying to make things better by sitting on his ass and listening to this crap for 20 years without ever challenging the creep?

I dont accept the premise that he was doing nothing but spewing hate and bile. I dont buy the premise that he and Obama did not talk about different issues and I dont buy the premise that Obama is not committed to changing things

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Racism is racism regarless of the label. If it is not right for one it is not right for the other.

Live with it, unless you and Obama are afraid of a level playing field.

Your true sheet is coming through

Alright coming from you and the other nuts here posting similar.

Bunch of insecure white guys, miserable in their sorry ass lives and scapegoating others out of fear and ignorance.

Completley distorting everything, and apologizing and blindly supporting one of worst Presidents we have ever seen.

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Absolutely. Let's just imagine what the reaction would be if Wright were a white "preacher" saying hateful things like that. Lawdy Clawdy the shit hits the fan. Rook....hope all is well. Have a Happy Easter.

you mean like Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell?

Rook
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I dont accept the premise that he was doing nothing but spewing hate and bile....

Why are you adding the words, "nothing but" to my quote? That's more than a little unethical. Everyone says an awful lot of nice things over the course of 20 years but the bottom line is he also spewed out a whole pile of nasty things and this is why this has been the number one news story for a week.

You dodged the below questions so I will ask them again. Try not to be a wimpy weasal like Obama who avoids giving interviews to those who don't throw him softball questions.:

How is J. Wright trying to make things better by spewing hatred and bile? How was Obama trying to make things better by sitting on his ass and listening to this crap for 20 years without ever challenging the creep?

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Why are you adding the words, "nothing but" to my quote? That's more than a little unethical. Everyone says an awful lot of nice things over the course of 20 years but the bottom line is he also spewed out a whole pile of nasty things and this is why this has been the number one news story for a week.

You dodged the below questions so I will ask them again. Try not to be a wimpy weasal like Obama who avoids giving interviews to those who don't throw him softball questions.:

How is J. Wright trying to make things better by spewing hatred and bile? How was Obama trying to make things better by sitting on his ass and listening to this crap for 20 years without ever challenging the creep?

I told you I dont accept the premise that he was spewing hatred and bile.

I told you I dont accept the premise/assumptions you are making about Obama. You have no idea what he heard or in turn what he said in return.

I can only go by actions and everything I have seen and read about Obama leads me to believe he is no way shape or form a racist. I fully understand that virtually any black leader is going to be labeled a racist. Has been the case for hundreds of years. Part of the White "Angry Black Man" characterizations.

People just keep repeating hatred and bile, hatred and bile.

Without actually looking at specifics of what he said. There was much truth in some of the things he said. He got a little carried away in how he chose to communicate some of his frustrations. But I do not accept your premise that the pastor hates America or preaches racism.

This is just all misdirection on part of Hillary and right (and you fearful White Guys). Has nothing to do with Obama running the country or what he will try to do. Six years in Iraq, economy in shambles so its demonize the black guy. That act has been going on for hundreds of years. Sad it still works

Some of you guys just dont want a black man leading the country and are going to latch on to whatever you can to justify your fear.

He went over all of this a year ago (did you know that?) He explained at lenght the other day the issue, and more importantly race in America. People chose to hear or to focus on soundbites instead of entire speech.

Fortunately the younger people in this country are much more open minded then their parents and once you dinosaurs die out this country will get over race, sex and religion

bigmack
03-20-2008, 01:34 PM
I have to hang out with you sometime, you seem delightful. :liar:

Is the hole you crawled out of under renovation or will you be shoveling your hate for a spell?
Bunch of insecure white guys, miserable in their sorry ass lives and scapegoating others out of fear and ignorance.
Completley distorting everything, and apologizing and blindly supporting one of worst Presidents we have ever seen.

Marshall Bennett
03-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I dont accept the premise that he was doing nothing but spewing hate and bile. I dont buy the premise that he and Obama did not talk about different issues and I dont buy the premise that Obama is not committed to changing things
Sounds like you fit right in ... :cool:

lsbets
03-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I said a while back if you do not blindly accept Obama, you will be labeled a racist. Doesn't matter what you think your reasons are, its really because you're racist. :faint:

Marshall Bennett
03-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Your true sheet is coming through

Sounds like you are the unhappy one here , perhaps you've found your calling .

GaryG
03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Sounds like you are the unhappy one here , perhaps you've found your calling .Yes....and Aly, if you ever want to win at this game you had better get rid of that hate.

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes....and Aly, if you ever want to win at this game you had better get rid of that hate.

What do you mean if? Where does that come from? Because I disagree with you, you are going to say I dont win at this game? Give me a break. Are you

you guys crack me up. Throw the word hate around like you do your losing tickets

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Bunch of insecure white guys get together and make racist comments and talk about "hate" when one doesnt go along he is a "hater"

Guys need a history lesson to see what real hate is.

Under Bush anyone who disagrees "hates America".

Same goes here.

The hate card.

I know one thing. I can think for myself. Not led around by nose like some of you jokers. All come in one after the other and say I am full of hate.

The demonizing game is next. Seen it all too often.

bigmack
03-20-2008, 02:41 PM
What do you mean if?

you guys crack me up. Throw the word hate around like you do your losing tickets
Let me guess; your outer self matches your inner.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/ugly_monster.jpg

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Let me guess; your outer self matches your inner.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/ugly_monster.jpg

Is this when I come back and say thats your mother?

Too funny. So threatened under your sheets

Tom
03-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Not threatened at all. I actually find you so typical you are funny. Closed mind, the eternal victim, it's everyones fault but yours. Filled with hate and excuses, yadda yadda yadda.

Sheets? Ha ha ha!
Boooooooo!!! Here comes the boogieman.

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Not threatened at all. I actually find you so typical you are funny. Closed mind, the eternal victim, it's everyones fault but yours. Filled with hate and excuses, yadda yadda yadda.

Sheets? Ha ha ha!

What I have claimed being a victim of? What am I saying is someone elses fault and not mine? Can you answer that?

"hate and excuses".

I think you need to reprogram your standard response machine

Tom
03-20-2008, 03:51 PM
That is the essence of the pig pastor that you think is spot on.
You think Obama is right, and that is all he did is balme everyone else, including his gramma!

Read twice.
Post once.

Indulto
03-20-2008, 03:51 PM
BgM,
Hope U can reed this cuz Im temporarily blind from yr last grafik imj. Pleez go back to lovely femaile forms for witch U R famus. My dokter sez if any more trauma will haf to put U on ignoramous.
Thanx

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 03:54 PM
That is the essence of the pig pastor that you think is spot on.
You think Obama is right, and that is all he did is balme everyone else, including his gramma!

Read twice.
Post once.

Nope, not letting that slide. You said ME. Ill bump it again

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 03:55 PM

Sheets? Ha ha ha!

What is my fault?Where did I claim I was a victim

As an aside Obama never said he was a victim either, nor blamed anyone

bigmack
03-20-2008, 04:16 PM
BgM,
Hope U can reed this cuz Im temporarily blind from yr last grafik imj. Pleez go back to lovely femaile forms for witch U R famus. My dokter sez if any more trauma will haf to put U on ignoramous.
Thanx
:lol::lol:

bigmack
03-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has moved into a significant lead over Barack Obama among Democratic voters, according to a new Gallup poll.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080320/ts_nm/usa_politics_gallup_dc

Looks like the list of "haters" is growing. Or, as this raging fool sheba88 says: Bunch of insecure white guys, miserable in their sorry ass lives and scapegoating others out of fear and ignorance. :lol::lol::lol:

GaryG
03-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has moved into a significant lead over Barack Obama among Democratic voters, according to a new Gallup poll.

Looks like the list of "haters" is growing. Or, as this raging fool sheba88 says: Bunch of insecure white guys, miserable in their sorry ass lives and scapegoating others out of fear and ignorance. :lol::lol::lol:I got down on McCain at 9-5. Mack, you hatin on that boy again?

bigmack
03-20-2008, 04:51 PM
I got down on McCain at 9-5. Mack, you hatin on that boy again?
I hope you loaded up, G2. That's money in the bank.

On an unrelated note: '57 Bel Air -- Now that was design.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ISI/BW57_5300129~Chevrolet-Bel-Air-1957-Posters.jpg

GaryG
03-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I hope you loaded up, G2. That's money in the bank.

On an unrelated note: '57 Bel Air -- Now that was design.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ISI/BW57_5300129~Chevrolet-Bel-Air-1957-Posters.jpgYowzah.....it is never a digression if it concerns Chevrolets or good food.

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 05:33 PM

Looks like the list of "haters" is growing. Or, as this raging fool sheba88 says: Bunch of insecure white guys, miserable in their sorry ass lives and scapegoating others out of fear and ignorance. :lol::lol::lol:

He has most popular votes, delegates and states. He is going to be the nominee. Sure you haters have had an impact. But you seem to forget primaries are almost over and she cant win.

Long time between now and Nov.

Am sure you guys will wait for next "scandal" to come out. And then put on the sheets again and come out in orchestrated full force

GaryG
03-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Long time between now and Nov.Yes it is. By then your "candidate" (if he survives the dem convention) will have been shown to be the fraud that he is. If he was all white nobody would have ever heard of him. So.....tough. You got another old white man to lead the country.

Marshall Bennett
03-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Looks like Michigan & Florida are definately out so it looks like Obama will most likely win the nomination . This should sit well with the Republicans . By November he'll have about as much chance of winning as his racist pastor . :D

bigmack
03-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Downright funny this fool calling people around here haters when the source of hate is "The Reverend" & "The Reverend". I get it though. This fool has adopted a "the best defense is a strong offense" posture. Pathetic.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/wright2.jpg http://www.christianvisionproject.com/img/photo-an_interview_with_james_meeks.jpg

There are a lot of reasons that race relations in America aren't as good as they could be, and a lot of those reasons can be laid at the feet of white America. But some of that blame can also be laid at the feet of African-American leaders who describe their community's problems with no real sense of perspective. Is the mayor of Chicago really comparable to a slave owner? Does any elected official or minister deserve to be called a House N-word? Is it fair that use of the N-word is considered an automatic firing offense for most white Americans, but it's used as frequently as a comma in some circles with no consequence?
http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YjAzNDdkMTAxN2JiNjY4YTkzNzcxYWNkZjYwMTMwNDM=

If Obama (and leading Democrats) tell us they have no problem with James Meeks' preaching, it will be one more example of an eagerness to go after easy targets (like Don Imus) and an unwillingness to confront hateful words when they come from a political ally.

alysheba88
03-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes it is. By then your "candidate" (if he survives the dem convention) will have been shown to be the fraud that he is. If he was all white nobody would have ever heard of him. So.....tough. You got another old white man to lead the country.

If he was white he would have locked up the nomination a long time ago.

He is going to beat the Clintons which takes some doing.

Old man McCain is a bumbling fool

GaryG
03-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Downright funny this fool calling people around here haters when the source of hate is "The Reverend" & "The Reverend". I get it though. This fool has adopted a "the best defense is a strong offense" posture. Pathetic.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/wright2.jpg http://www.christianvisionproject.com/img/photo-an_interview_with_james_meeks.jpg

There are a lot of reasons that race relations in America aren't as good as they could be, and a lot of those reasons can be laid at the feet of white America. But some of that blame can also be laid at the feet of African-American leaders who describe their community's problems with no real sense of perspective. Is the mayor of Chicago really comparable to a slave owner? Does any elected official or minister deserve to be called a House N-word? Is it fair that use of the N-word is considered an automatic firing offense for most white Americans, but it's used as frequently as a comma in some circles with no consequence?
http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YjAzNDdkMTAxN2JiNjY4YTkzNzcxYWNkZjYwMTMwNDM=

If Obama (and leading Democrats) tell us they have no problem with James Meeks' preaching, it will be one more example of an eagerness to go after easy targets (like Don Imus) and an unwillingness to confront hateful words when they come from a political ally.He looks like Fred Sanford.....I'm comin to join you Elizabeth....:lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2008, 03:44 AM
Though Wright and Obama do not often talk one-on-one often, the senator does check with his pastor before making any bold political moves. Oh my God, imagine if it was reported that BUSH checked with his pastor before making any bold political moves? Oh you would be hearing alysheba and JustMissed crying THEOCRACY from the highest mountain tops....but when Obama does it, it's pleasant and cute, and speaks of his moral compass....

It's just SICKENING what the left can get away with these days, while the right just has to bend over and take every punishment for even the smallest of transgressions.

Hopefully, when the Dems once again lose the White House, it will force the FAR LEFT to become a much smaller influence on the Dem party as a whole.

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2008, 03:55 AM

Completley distorting everything, and apologizing and blindly supporting one of worst Presidents we have ever seen.You've really come out of the closet in the last few days. You must really be frightened that Obama is being exposed for the unelectable candidate that he truly is....

Your responses have been numerous, but also boring and without much "punch."

Go ahead...call me a hater too....that's always fun and effective.

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2008, 03:58 AM
you mean like Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell?What President has ever claimed Robertson or Falwell as their spiritual mentor? I can't think of a one....

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2008, 04:02 AM
Some of you guys just dont want a black man leading the country and are going to latch on to whatever you can to justify your fear.First off, he's half black....and half white....get your facts straight.

Second, he could be 100% white and he still wouldn't be elected due to his political beliefs. It has nothing to do with race. YOU'RE the one being the racist here, with your constant references to the KKK and Angry White Guys.

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2008, 04:10 AM
I would also like to point out, that the video posted in this thread of Rev. Wright, is not just a "black thing." What Rev. Wright says in that vile sermon forms some of the CORE BELIEFS of the majority of the radical far-left. Members here such as HCAP, 46ZILZAL and LJB have posted comments ON THIS VERY MESSAGE BOARD over the years that are almost IDENTICAL to some of what Rev. Wright says in his now famous sermons.

This has nothing to do with blacks or whites. It has to do with RADICAL FAR LEFT political beliefs. And that's why Obama is unelectable. Not because of the color of his skin, but the core of his political beliefs, which mesh nicely with the RADICAL FAR LEFT.

Don't let alysheba88 fool and spin you with talk of angry white men, or the KKK, or "sheets." That's all bullshit baloney designed to bring race into the picture, when in reality, it has nothing to do with race.

Indulto
03-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Oh my God, imagine if it was reported that BUSH checked with his pastor before making any bold political moves?

... Hopefully, when the Dems once again lose the White House, it will force the FAR LEFT to become a much smaller influence on the Dem party as a whole.PA,
Bush eliminated the middleman when he came to the conclusion that God wanted him to run for President. ;)

So you think Obama's going to win the nomination? :jump:

Indulto
03-21-2008, 05:46 AM
... Don't let alysheba88 fool and spin you with talk of angry white men, or the KKK, or "sheets." That's all bullshit baloney designed to bring race into the picture, when in reality, it has nothing to do with race.Despite qualifying for repeated right-wing re-baits, A8 has apparently scared the "sheets" out of or off you. :D

Well, maybe he should. The pastors will be put out to pasture when Obama and McCain debate and those encounters will be what decides the election. McCain's handlers will surely try to minimize the number of debates.

alysheba88
03-21-2008, 06:57 AM
You've really come out of the closet in the last few days. You must really be frightened that Obama is being exposed for the unelectable candidate that he truly is....

Your responses have been numerous, but also boring and without much "punch."

Go ahead...call me a hater too....that's always fun and effective.

If boring why are you responding?

You show your true agenda with the hater comment. Been called a hater here by many. But you turn it completely around.

Guess you are just another scared white guy too. ;)

alysheba88
03-21-2008, 06:59 AM
First off, he's half black....and half white....get your facts straight.

Second, he could be 100% white and he still wouldn't be elected due to his political beliefs. It has nothing to do with race. YOU'RE the one being the racist here, with your constant references to the KKK and Angry White Guys.

What political beliefs are you talking about specifically?

Every single Dem candidate is called "far left"

And if he is unelectable I am assuming you are putting your money where your mouth is. Specifically betting on Hillary to take the Dem nomination or betting on McCain to beat Obama.

alysheba88
03-21-2008, 07:01 AM
What President has ever claimed Robertson or Falwell as their spiritual mentor? I can't think of a one....

Robertson did one better. He ran for President.

rastajenk
03-21-2008, 09:30 AM
So did the Rev. Jesse Jackson. Because they were free to do so. And they were both early outs. What the hell's the point?

Man, you are quickly becoming a tool of gigantic proportions. Is this your first internet political debate? Did you graduate from the Kos Kidz Kindergarten of political sophistry? Sounds like it.

Tom
03-21-2008, 04:28 PM
You've really come out of the closet in the last few days. You must really be frightened that Obama is being exposed for the unelectable candidate that he truly is....

It's almost as if Obama has unleashed........Sleeper cells! :eek::eek::eek:

taxseason
03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
What President has ever claimed Robertson or Falwell as their spiritual mentor? I can't think of a one....

"If God doesn't destroy the USA, he owes an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah."

Billy Graham, spiritual advisor to the last three Republican Presidents, who have hosted him over 100 times at the White House

GaryG
03-21-2008, 05:24 PM
It's almost as if Obama has unleashed........Sleeper cells! :eek::eek::eek:With apologies to Pogo.....He has met the enemy and it is him.

Indulto
03-22-2008, 04:21 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/Jeremiah_Wright_was_White_House_guest.htmlJeremiah Wright was White House guest

http://images.politico.com/global/clintonwright2.jpg

The recent coverage of Rev. Jeremiah Wright has often cast him as a marginal, almost fringe figure, but Trinity Church is a major Chicago institution, and Wright has long been a prominent pastor on the American scene.

alysheba88
03-22-2008, 08:22 AM
It's almost as if Obama has unleashed........Sleeper cells! :eek::eek::eek:

That is so over the top.

I know people who were killed at WTC

You are a total jackass.

alysheba88
03-22-2008, 08:27 AM
With apologies to Pogo.....He has met the enemy and it is him.

The enemy now. For disagreeing on race and Obama

You guys are sick

Really. Sick

The enemy.

Tom
03-22-2008, 10:07 AM
And you aren't?????

To para-quote Obam, "You are a typical _____."

Hey, HE said it about is Gramma.

You just don't like it when we use the standards set by Jesse and Al, do you?
We don't set the bar, we just jump it.

alysheba88
03-22-2008, 10:53 AM
And you aren't?????

To para-quote Obam, "You are a typical _____."

Hey, HE said it about is Gramma.

You just don't like it when we use the standards set by Jesse and Al, do you?
We don't set the bar, we just jump it.

Jesse and Al? What the f are you talking about?

You are equating words with actual terrorism.

Calling me a terrorist and killer of people I knew

That is sickening

I am convinced more then ever you are a racist dog. The kind who sits on porch at home talking about those who dont know their place

But not going to say you are lynching people and stringing them up from your backyard.

GaryG
03-22-2008, 11:09 AM
But not going to say you are lynching people and stringing them up from your backyard.What do you think Tom uses all of these big oak trees for? I happen to know that Tom also has quite a supply of sheets....white ones. Matter of fact, I do too. I don't have any oak trees but I have some pretty sturdy hemlocks. Rock on aly boy.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2008, 01:23 PM
What political beliefs are you talking about specifically?

Every single Dem candidate is called "far left"

And if he is unelectable I am assuming you are putting your money where your mouth is. Specifically betting on Hillary to take the Dem nomination or betting on McCain to beat Obama.The belief that the military should be downsized and any research into new weapons systems be eliminted, for starters. That's not going to sit well with the general electorate, especially since Russia and China are becoming more and more aggressive.

No, not every single Dem candidate is called "far left." In fact, many far-lefters in the Democratic party associate HILLARY with BUSH more so than they would associate her with the "left." The far-left HATES Hillary....

I wouldn't put it past the Dems to nominate the unelectable Obama. They've been known to shoot themselves in the foot over and over again recently, losing what should be SLAM DUNK elections (like 2004).

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2008, 01:28 PM
I am convinced more then ever you are a racist dog. The kind who sits on porch at home talking about those who dont know their place

But not going to say you are lynching people and stringing them up from your backyard.You're convinced of NOTHING as you know NOTHING. You are an internet troll and fool, and could easily be sued for LIBEL based upon this post, proving that you are also ignorant.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Actually, they have to keep losing elections in order to keep up their usual ranting that the elections were fixed or altered with various conspriacies that don't prove out. After 8 years of their loving their rants, I don't know that they can stop the losing behavior. Maybe they will blow this election again, and the ranting can continue for another 4 years. What would the Rodney Dangerfield routine be like without the No Respect jokes. Keep blowing elections & then ranting about it, and they still won't get enough 'Repect'.

Marshall Bennett
03-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Actually, they have to keep losing elections in order to keep up their usual ranting that the elections were fixed or altered with various conspriacies that don't prove out. After 8 years of their loving their rants, I don't know that they can stop the losing behavior. Maybe they will blow this election again, and the ranting can continue for another 4 years. What would the Rodney Dangerfield routine be like without the No Respect jokes. Keep blowing elections & then ranting about it, and they still won't get enough 'Repect'.
The way I see it , they've already blown the election !! :cool:

Indulto
03-22-2008, 02:28 PM
A8,
Unless you're related to Obama (and Cheney), why are you carrying on this Quixotic mission which may ultimately result in this thread getting closed before we get the full story on the Wright stuff?

After learning about Wright's White House visit, I'm not sure which Obama supporter is more of a liability for him now -- you or the reverend. ;)

PA,
It isn't as if there aren't other contributors to this discussion whose remarks are just as offensive.

Who'd have thought a Saturday discussion on a horse racing message board would be more about threats than bets?

Greyfox
03-22-2008, 02:41 PM
A8,

After learning about Wright's White House visit, I'm not sure which Obama supporter is more of a liability for him now -- you or the reverend. ;)

Wright visited the White House as part of a large group of theologians. It's not as though he specifically was received. In Bill's two terms he and Hillary would have met thousands of individuals and had their photos snapped with them, including Rezko.

Indulto
03-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Wright visited the White House as part of a large group of theologians. It's not as though he specifically was received. In Bill's two terms he and Hillary would have met thousands of individuals and had their photos snapped with them, including Rezko.GF,
The source at the link where I found the picture said as much. I just noticed your "Caption" thread or I wouldn't have bothered.

Since all White House visitors are checked out to determine whether or not they might be a threat to the President, how could any non-patriotic behavior gone unnoticed?

How old is Wright and how long has he been preaching his "God damn America" sermons anyway. When were those videos recorded? As a WW II vet, he has to be past his mid 70s at least. Anger sometimes intensifies with age. Most who ever have to care for an elderly person understand that. I don't know if that's the case, but I'm not riding with the right-wing bus boys on this one.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't know if that's the case, but I'm not riding with the right-wing bus boys on this one.I disagree completely. Since we know little about Obama compared to the other two candidates running for President, not only is this stuff fair game, but to ignore it would be above negligent.

Do you think we're playing tiddlywinks here? We're voting for the next President of the United States.

Greyfox
03-22-2008, 03:51 PM
GF,

Since all White House visitors are checked out to determine whether or not they might be a threat to the President, how could any non-patriotic behavior gone unnoticed?

Being allowed to enter the White House is not an endorsement of any kind.
Yasser Arafat , the terrorist, even was allowed in. He was not a threat to the President on that day. Nor would Wright have been a threat that day.

Indulto
03-22-2008, 04:16 PM
I disagree completely. Since we know little about Obama compared to the other two candidates running for President, not only is this stuff fair game, but to ignore it would be above negligent.

Do you think we're playing tiddlywinks here? We're voting for the next President of the United States.Better the Iraqi invasion supporters play tiddlywinks than play monopoly with the treasury and God with human lives.

Where did I say he wasn't fair game or suggested he be ignored?

Also, where was your concern for LIBEL when the non-avuncular one was making far more objectionable race-related statements regarding residents of New Orleans?

bigmack
03-22-2008, 04:30 PM
the non-avuncular one
I'll take a stab at this, 'Duelto

Phineas J. Whoopie?
(Coo Coo Ca Choo)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/tenneseetuxedooo.jpg

Indulto
03-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Being allowed to enter the White House is not an endorsement of any kind.
Yasser Arafat, the terrorist, even was allowed in. He was not a threat to the President on that day. Nor would Wright have been a threat that day.So was Menachem Begin who was also considered a head of state rather than a terrorist. No doubt some members of the current administration are viewed with similar ambiguity in other countries.

Perhaps it is not an endorsement, but it certainly "legitimizes" visitors in a way no domestic "agitator" would or should be. You didn't deny that his "political" views would have been checked out in advance.

Greyfox
03-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Right. I mean Wright. Wright would not be an agitator on that day.

Indulto
03-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I'll take a stab at this, 'Duelto

Phineas J. Whoopie?
(Coo Coo Ca Choo)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/tenneseetuxedooo.jpgSorry, BgM. I'm from the Uncle SCROOGE comic book era. I don't recognize the characters in your graphic.

Sometimes when I debate right-recliners, it feels like debating Beagle Boys. You know, the masked ex-con canines who were always trying to break into Scrooge McDuck's money bin? They referred to themselves by convict number which was always the same digits in a different sequence.

That's how some of my opposition comes off -- same words, different sequence. :D

Coo Coo Ca Choo, Mrs. Robinson. Eliot's got a lovely place to stay. Hey hey hey.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Where did I say he wasn't fair game or suggested he be ignored?I suppose then, that I misread your "I'm not riding with the right-wing bus boys on this one." line?

Also, where was your concern for LIBEL when the non-avuncular one was making far more objectionable race-related statements regarding residents of New Orleans?I'm not sure I follow here...can you spell this one out for me? Residents of NO? I'm aware of no class-action libel suit...but then again I don't know everything....

bigmack
03-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Thats how you treat your customers?
Customers? What are you buyin'? Better yet, given your raging loonacy, what are you smokin'?

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Ooops, you caught that one before I deleted it....the ravings of a loon.

He requested that he be banned. I obliged.

GaryG
03-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Customers? What are you buyin'? Better yet, given your raging loonacy, what are you smokin'?And this wing nut is betting on horses?....ay chihuahua!

Tom
03-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Jesse and Al? What the f are you talking about?

You are equating words with actual terrorism.

Calling me a terrorist and killer of people I knew

That is sickening

But not going to say you are lynching people and stringing them up from your backyard.

You are really scatter--brained aren't you?
Can't you follow anthing?

"And you araen't" is a reply to your comment that we are sick.
Obama gets weekly advice from AL, 3-4 times a week.
I can only assume you got that I said were a terrorosit and a killer from your one of your delusions.

As for the rest of your rant, you aren't worth responind to. You are a bigger nut job than OPsama, er Obama, or whatever.

ljb
03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Here is a link for you folks to compare religious supporters.
http://www.gorenfeld.net/john/?p=17
I have others if this does not help.

Indulto
03-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Recent events have probably obviated this post, but I'll answer you anyway.I suppose then, that I misread your "I'm not riding with the right-wing bus boys on this one." line?Wright's videotaped words should make anyone ask "what's happening here," but should also make them seek further information about the context in which they were spoken and about Obama's overall relationship with the man before attributing anti-patriotic and anti-white feelings to Obama, himself.I'm not sure I follow here...can you spell this one out for me? Residents of NO? I'm aware of no class-action libel suit...but then again I don't know everything....You're convinced of NOTHING as you know NOTHING. You are an internet troll and fool, and could easily be sued for LIBEL based upon this post, proving that you are also ignorant.While neither confirming nor denying the merits of that last statement, I noticed that you chose to address an individual poster with your opinion that his remarks were libelous. I did not notice you confronting any contributors to threads dealing with the Katrina issue when they deployed some particularly offensive references to the black residents of New Orleans, COLLECTIVELY. If you did, subsequently, then I will be happy to credit you with even-handedness.

GaryG
03-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Here is a link for you folks to compare religious supporters.
http://www.gorenfeld.net/john/?p=17
I have others if this does not help.This guy used the Lord's name in vain FROM HIS PULPIT to curse our country. From the 10 Commandments:

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

This is a Christian preacher that advises people on how to live???

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I did not notice you confronting any contributors to threads dealing with the Katrina issue when they deployed some particularly offensive references to the black residents of New Orleans, COLLECTIVELY. If you did, subsequently, then I will be happy to credit you with even-handedness.I tend to note the difference between addressing a collective group whose names and faces are not known, and an individual whose name and face are known to many on this website.

Do you not see the difference? That's what libel law is all about.

ArlJim78
03-22-2008, 10:26 PM
the hypocrisy in this country regarding racism is reaching new heights. how is it that the person whose close associates are responsible for some of the most rascist, vile anti-americanism ever seen, is also the person the media hails as a savior who gave a great speech and can bring us all closer together?

how is Obama going to bring us together and supposedly solve racisim in the country when he sat silently in a rascist church for decades? Oh yeah, that's right, he wasn't aware of the controverisal stuff having just heard it last week.:lol:
gimme a break

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Forget about Obama in church. These two men are, from all reports, very close. They must have had many a thoughtful and deep conversation over the last 20 or so years. You're going to sit there and tell me Wright never expressed to Obama privately the things he was preaching about in public?

Come on, give us a break!

I reiterate. Do they really think America is that stupid?

Obama knows EXACTLY where Wright is coming from, and until Barrack ran for President, he had absolutely NO PROBLEM with the good reverend's philosophical origin....

Indulto
03-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Forget about Obama in church. These two men are, from all reports, very close. They must have had many a thoughtful and deep conversation over the last 20 or so years. You're going to sit there and tell me Wright never expressed to Obama privately the things he was preaching about in public?

Come on, give us a break!

I reiterate. Do they really think America is that stupid?

Obama knows EXACTLY where Wright is coming from, and until Barrack ran for President, he had absolutely NO PROBLEM with the good reverend's philosophical origin....Most Americans aren't stupid which is why most reading your rhetoric will recognize it for what it is -- an attempt to abort any meaningful comparison of the relative strengths and weaknesses of each candidate.

Of course there will be some who, as you advocate, will dismiss Obama out-of-hand based on a single aspect of his candidacy just as there will be those who reject McCain for one particular reason, e.g, opposition to meaningful troop withdrawal, flip-flops on torture and religious right, etc.

But putting the shoe on the other foot, maybe no Republican of any substance ran against McCain because they don't expect a Republican to win in 2008.

ljb
03-23-2008, 07:57 AM
This guy used the Lord's name in vain FROM HIS PULPIT to curse our country. From the 10 Commandments:

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

This is a Christian preacher that advises people on how to live???
OK
here is another link for your perusal. This one talks about the double standard being used in the media.
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/election08/#80456

ArlJim78
03-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Most Americans aren't stupid which is why most reading your rhetoric will recognize it for what it is -- an attempt to abort any meaningful comparison of the relative strengths and weaknesses of each candidate.

Of course there will be some who, as you advocate, will dismiss Obama out-of-hand based on a single aspect of his candidacy just as there will be those who reject McCain for one particular reason, e.g, opposition to meaningful troop withdrawal, flip-flops on torture and religious right, etc.

But putting the shoe on the other foot, maybe no Republican of any substance ran against McCain because they don't expect a Republican to win in 2008.
the man has no shot at beating McCain, no shot whatsoever.
his policies, or lack thereof would have been enough, however with the new background we are getting on him now it's simply the nail in the coffin.
the middleoftheroad, white, swing voters that lined up for Obama in the primaries will have big second thoughts now.

McCain wins in a rout.

VicD
03-23-2008, 09:34 AM
The Alysheba88 guy has been doing exactly what you saw here on another forum for years. He's a pseudo-intellect who is always trying to school you because he is on a higher plane. He thinks he can see something that most of us cannot, yet all he really does is he uses the tactics of the very far left..
As soon as a discussion about Israel and Jews becomes too hot for him, he lables the poster an anti-semite. There is no regard to whether or not the discussion is based on fact, it is a label that is designed to stop the poster dead in his tracks and make his knees tremble.. Same with "racist"...Stops some people right on the spot.
The "White Sheet" thing is even funnier, because the implication and the image invoked can be a strong one..Again, he can't quite see the argument through to the end, so the guy he is arguing with is wearing a white sheet....
Typical left type babble, all emotion little facts..They never really let facts get in the way of giving you a good tongue lashing...
Not exactly sure where the deep rooted shame of being white comes from in a case like this, but it does show through loud and clear..
Does Obama's minister have a right to say "God Damn America"? Yes..
Just as he has a right to listen to that minister..
However, people looking at this situation (white or black or whatever else) also have a right to decide that they don't want a guy like that as the President of "God Damn America", and no matter how much idiots try to portray those guys as "white sheets", it just doesn't work...
For the record, I refuse to vote for any of these people..This election has turned into a complete sham. Look at the choices we have..
Important issues like immigration and border protection are given lip service, and nothing is getting done..How are they going to take a shot at fixing a badly broken economy? Maybe get some value back into the dollar?
These 3 cannot possibly be the best this country has to offer, can they?

Tom
03-23-2008, 11:37 AM
the man has no shot at beating McCain, no shot whatsoever.

McCain wins in a rout.

Funny how presidential MCan't looked this week, touring he Middle East ( with Leiberman) and acting like a well seasoned dilplomat, while back at home Hilalry is whinnig about a do-over ( whne we she double-dog darae Obama to do something?) and Barry Hussein is busy throwing his gramma under a bus.
It looked like two stooges comapered to the real candidate. :lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
03-23-2008, 11:45 AM
just another 'typical" election.............

witchdoctor
03-23-2008, 02:03 PM
just another 'typical" election.............
Know what you mean.

I feel like I am trying to find the best horse in a 2500 claimer NW2 lifetime running at BRD.

Indulto
03-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Ooops, you caught that one before I deleted it....the ravings of a loon.

He requested that he be banned. I obliged.PA,
Was that request voluntary or did A8 commit postercide? ;)

Is it a temporary ban for cooling off purposes or have I permanently lost a fellow "New York Franchise" thread participant?

JustRalph
03-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Ann has a interesting take on it all...........

http://www.anncoulter.com/

~snip~

As an authentic post-racial American, I will not patronize blacks by pretending Obama's pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, is anything other than a raving racist loon. If a white pastor had said what Rev. Wright said -- not about black people, but literally, the exact same things -- I think we'd notice that he's crazier than Ward Churchill and David Duke's love child. (Indeed, both Churchill and the Rev. Wright referred to the attacks of 9/11 as the chickens coming "home to roost.")

Imagine a white pastor saying: "Racism is the American way. Racism is how this country was founded, and how this country is still run. ... We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority. And believe it more than we believe in God."

Imagine a white pastor calling Condoleezza Rice, "Condoskeezza Rice."

Imagine a white pastor saying: "No, no, no, God damn America -- that's in the Bible for killing innocent people! God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human! God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme!"

We treat blacks like children, constantly talking about their temper tantrums right in front of them with airy phrases about black anger. I will not pat blacks on the head and say, "Isn't that cute?" As a post-racial American, I do not believe "the legacy of slavery" gives black people the right to be permanently ill-mannered.

Obama tried to justify Wright's deranged rants by explaining that "legalized discrimination" is the "reality in which Rev. Wright and other African-Americans of his generation grew up." He said that a "lack of economic opportunity among black men, and the shame and frustration that came from not being able to provide for one's family, contributed to the erosion of black families."

That may accurately describe the libretto of "Porgy and Bess," but it has no connection to reality. By Rev. Wright's own account, he was 12 years old and was attending an integrated school in Philadelphia when Brown v. Board of Education was announced, ending "separate but equal" schooling.

Meanwhile, at least since the Supreme Court's decision in University of California v. Bakke in 1978 -- and obviously long before that, or there wouldn't have been a case or controversy for the court to consider -- it has been legal for the government to discriminate against whites on the basis of their race.

Consequently, any white person 30 years old or younger has lived, since the day he was born, in an America where it is legal to discriminate against white people. In many cases it's not just legal, but mandatory, for example, in education, in hiring and in Academy Award nominations.

So for half of Rev. Wright's 66 years, discrimination against blacks was legal -- though he never experienced it personally because it existed in a part of the country where he did not live. For the second half of Wright's life, discrimination against whites was legal throughout the land.

Discrimination has become so openly accepted that -- in a speech meant to tamp down his association with a black racist -- Obama felt perfectly comfortable throwing his white grandmother under the bus. He used her as the white racist counterpart to his black racist "old uncle," Rev. Wright.

First of all, Wright is not Obama's uncle. The only reason we indulge crazy uncles is that everyone understands that people don't choose their relatives the way they choose, for example, their pastors and mentors. No one quarrels with the idea that you can't be expected to publicly denounce your blood relatives.

But Wright is not a relative of Obama's at all. Yet Obama cravenly compared Wright's racist invective to his actual grandmother, who "once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."

Rev. Wright accuses white people of inventing AIDS to kill black men, but Obama's grandmother -- who raised him, cooked his food, tucked him in at night, and paid for his clothes and books and private school -- has expressed the same feelings about passing black men on the street that Jesse Jackson has.

Unlike his "old uncle" -- who is not his uncle -- Obama had no excuses for his grandmother. Obama's grandmother never felt the lash of discrimination! Crazy grandma doesn't get the same pass as the crazy uncle; she's white. Denounce the racist!

Fine. Can we move on now?

~more at the link~

Tom
03-23-2008, 06:50 PM
You're next, Grandma!

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2008, 02:40 AM
Is it a temporary ban for cooling off purposes or have I permanently lost a fellow "New York Franchise" thread participant?Not sure.

Indulto
03-24-2008, 04:16 AM
Ann has a interesting take on it all...........

http://www.anncoulter.com/
Thanks for article, JR. It was a perfect example of why Coulter is so popular with her fans. She says what they want to hear and almost make it seem plausible. I was disappointed to learn the “under the bus” phrase wasn’t a Tom original.

Coulter takes what’s true of some blacks and tries to apply it to others while suggesting analogies and comparisons that distort her targets and their positions. Coulter is the cheerleader for the this-is-the-way-it-is-like-it-or-lump-it crowd. Don’t bother looking to see what’s wrong, nothing’s going to be fixed it unless it’s in our immediate best economic interest to do so. Life is too short. We’re here for us and we can’t worry about future generations.

If you have children -- or want to have them --- or care about those that walk behind you, you should oppose the Coulter-culture and vote to change our direction. The divide among our citizenry is not so much racial as it is economic. The real problem is expanding the middle class, and reducing the poverty class – not by giveaways, but through economic opportunity.

The accumulation of excessive individual wealth to the detriment of society can’t be tolerated any longer. Sending jobs out of the country is ruining our way of life as is sending money out for energy. Oil and gasoline have to be treated as a utility like electricity, natural gas, and water -- and not just in our country. The oil industry is preying on U.S. citizens just like the sub-prime lenders and credit card companies.

Look how far the quality of life for most of us and the status of our country has dropped in eight years. Corporate power needs to be curbed, and we won’t get that from McCain or Clinton.

JustRalph
03-24-2008, 05:08 AM
I don't disagree with you much. In fact I agree in some areas wholeheartily.

I said it was an interesting take...........and it is.......... :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks for article, JR. It was a perfect example of why Coulter is so popular with her fans. She says what they want to hear and almost make it seem plausible. I was disappointed to learn the “under the bus” phrase wasn’t a Tom original.

Sorry if I led on it was mine - I got it from Rush and Glen Beck.

ljb
03-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Funny how presidential MCan't looked this week, touring he Middle East ( with Leiberman) and acting like a well seasoned dilplomat, while back at home Hilalry is whinnig about a do-over ( whne we she double-dog darae Obama to do something?) and Barry Hussein is busy throwing his gramma under a bus.
It looked like two stooges comapered to the real candidate. :lol::lol::lol:
McSame is having problems figuring out who the actual enemy is here. He repeatedly mentions Al Queada as the terrorists being trained in Iran. He also seems forgetful in his attempts to join the Democratic party. A couple of times in the last 8-10 years. As for McSame's buddy Lie berman, he is on the short list for extinction.

Tom
03-24-2008, 10:33 AM
If I were you, ljb, I'd worry more about Obama's words - his grandma was a "typical white person...????"

McCain slipped up, Obama let his true nature show. His life choices, his words, all show him top be a major part of the problem, not a uniter at all.

JustRalph
03-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Lieberman was supposed to be extinct last time too.............

I smell perch and Perp walks.................. :lol:

hcap
03-24-2008, 07:50 PM
He is only still around 'cause of his new love, "Mrs Repuba-Robinson"

Smoooch....

http://www.bartcop.com/kissyface-graduate.jpg

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

ljb
03-24-2008, 08:45 PM
If I were you, ljb, I'd worry more about Obama's words - his grandma was a "typical white person...????"

McCain slipped up, Obama let his true nature show. His life choices, his words, all show him top be a major part of the problem, not a uniter at all.
McSame is already using the Bush technique of saying an untruth in hopes of saying it enough gets the ignorant to believe it is true. Hopefully we wont all be as ignorant this time.
I watched the speech and did not hear the "typical white person" phrase. Would have to see the full context to make further judgment.
and what is wrong with being a typical white person ?

ljb
03-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Lieberman was supposed to be extinct last time too.............

:lol:
You did not hear that from me.

rastajenk
03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
and what is wrong with being a typical white person ?

Good question, I guess, if one is allowed to ask if there is such thing as a typical black person; but I suspect that would be characterized as racist in the extreme.

Boris
03-24-2008, 10:54 PM
The divide among our citizenry is not so much racial as it is economic. The real problem is expanding the middle class, and reducing the poverty class – not by giveaways, but through economic opportunity.

This is impossible. Those that are leading the "poverty class" to the middle class have a vesting interest in never arriving. But since you are looking for it, Utopia is in Texas just west of San Antonio.

Indulto
03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
This is impossible. Those that are leading the "poverty class" to the middle class have a vesting interest in never arriving. But since you are looking for it, Utopia is in Texas just west of San Antonio.Please identify those leaders who have this "vested interest."

If you're from Palm Harbor, you must know the Clearwater "optimist" I ran into at Tampa Bay Downs last year along with his buddy the naysayer from New Port Nowhere. :lol:

How are you handling TPA's no ADW for FL residents policy?

Boris
03-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Please identify those leaders who have this "vested interest."

Yer kidding? You don't think it is profitable to certain people to keep poor people poor? Look for the ones on TV bitchin about it and you'll have your answer.

George Sands
03-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Yer kidding? You don't think it is profitable to certain people to keep poor people poor?

Sure, it's profitable to capitalists to keep a "reserve army of the unemployed."

Indulto
03-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Yer kidding? You don't think it is profitable to certain people to keep poor people poor? Look for the ones on TV bitchin about it and you'll have your answer.Boris,
It’s OK to name names. You won’t be eliminated.

Besides, I seldom watch TV. You’ll have to enlighten me if you want this dialogue to continue.

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Good question, I guess, if one is allowed to ask if there is such thing as a typical black person; but I suspect that would be characterized as racist in the extreme.Humdinger of a response!

dav4463
03-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Why do white people have to apologize for being white? Are we really that bad? Are we really the cause of all the problems in the world?

You get a racist preacher who is black, but that is OK. A racist white preacher would get fried by the media and all who associated with him would have ZERO credibility.

Obama deserves ZERO credibility as well, but we should give him a free pass I guess.

Tom
03-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Who wnats to keep poor people poor?

Democrats - it their strategy of dependence.
Specifically to his thread, Jesse and Al....two of the biggest racist biggots in the nation.

ljb
03-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Good question, I guess, if one is allowed to ask if there is such thing as a typical black person; but I suspect that would be characterized as racist in the extreme.
So has anybody found where Obama used the phrase or is this just another Rush lie ?

ljb
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Who wnats to keep poor people poor?

Democrats - it their strategy of dependence.
Specifically to his thread, Jesse and Al....two of the biggest racist biggots in the nation.
And then we have the Republicans. Nothing thrills them more then cheap labor. McSame and his immigration plan, is a good example.

Greyfox
03-25-2008, 09:33 AM
So has anybody found where Obama used the phrase or is this just another Rush lie ?

Has anybody found where he used the phrase? I thought everybody had.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4s45v_obama-typical-white-person_news

ljb
03-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Ok, I just listened to it. He did not use the phrase in his speech but in a reply to a question asked later. He was explaining how is grandma, like a typical white person, would show fear when coming upon a group of blacks on the street. I can buy that.

Lefty
03-25-2008, 11:37 AM
lbj, so you can buy the stereotyping of whites, but not anyone else? Interesting? You can buy the fact that Obama will not condemn Wright but will reveal private conversations with his grandmother? I think only a despicable person can even possibly defend the rascist anti-american rantings Wright said publicly and equate them with things his grandmother said in private. I think only a fool or a liar could say he was in this man's church and company for 20 yrs and not heard these things. Especially when the church sold the DVD's and put out a newsletter. Doesn't pass the smell orl laugh test.

Tom
03-25-2008, 11:52 AM
He is a typical lib. :lol:

Indulto
03-25-2008, 01:54 PM
lbj, so you can buy the stereotyping of whites, but not anyone else? Interesting? You can buy the fact that Obama will not condemn Wright but will reveal private conversations with his grandmother? I think only a despicable person can even possibly defend the rascist anti-american rantings Wright said publicly and equate them with things his grandmother said in private. I think only a fool or a liar could say he was in this man's church and company for 20 yrs and not heard these things. Especially when the church sold the DVD's and put out a newsletter. Doesn't pass the smell orl laugh test.Lefty,
Did you think less of the grandmother after Obama's statement? Exactly how did he damage her? If she's still alive, it would be interesting to hear her take on it.

Like several other right-recliners here, your focusing on the grandmother to discredit Obama fails the sniff test as well.

Tom
03-25-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't think he damged her, only insulted her ( maybe she doesn't give a crap, I dunno) but it goes to his character, for me. He has none. Nice way to payback someone who raised you. His Manly Manual is outdated.
But he is a typical.......liberal. Blame others, take no responsibility for your own actions, spin the facts, divert attention. Who said he was inexperienced? :rolleyes:

Lefty
03-25-2008, 06:06 PM
indulto, no, but I sure think even less of him than i already did. Grandmothers always forgive but that's no reason to bandy about their private conversations. He and Hillary cast from the same liberal mold. Anyone that would go to a chrch whose preacher is as full of hate as Wright and even expose their children to it, is no uniter. Mcain has been involved in several bi-partisan issues, Obama has not. Check thei voting records and you'll see who the uniter is.

riskman
03-25-2008, 06:19 PM
What kind of person supports Wright's church for 20 years and listens to this filth about HIV being created by the American goverment to eliminate African Americans?

What kind of person support's Wright's church for 20 years and listens to this filth about America deserving the tragedy of 911?

Why did'nt Obama get up and walk out of the church after hearing this kind of racial hatred?

Obama stayed week after week and month after month, year after year lapping it up.

And now he's trying to con his way into the presidency.

Wright is Obama's "spirital leader." He married Obama and his wife. What terrible, horrible judgment Obama exhibits. Obama is a con man. Nothing more.

Boris
03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Boris,
It’s OK to name names. You won’t be eliminated.

Besides, I seldom watch TV. You’ll have to enlighten me if you want this dialogue to continue.

I'm not Anne Sullivan. Stay blind. Enlightening liberals is like cat hearding.

Greyfox
03-25-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm not Anne Sullivan. Stay blind. Enlightening liberals is like cat hearding.

Cat hearding? or
Cats hearding vs what http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5FeEwXBjM

Boris
03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Cat hearding? or
Cats hearding vs what http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5FeEwXBjM

OOPPSS!! It's actually herding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Greyfox
03-26-2008, 12:42 AM
OOPPSS!! It's actually herding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Good on you. :ThmbUp:

Lefty
03-26-2008, 12:47 AM
I've got cats and they're a bitch to herd, especially if they've heard you coming to herd them.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2008, 01:36 AM
I can buy that.Of course you can. And then, in the same breath, you can turn around and call US lemmings....:lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Lefty,
Did you think less of the grandmother after Obama's statement? Exactly how did he damage her? If she's still alive, it would be interesting to hear her take on it.She's still alive, but curiously, the only grandmother the media has revealed to us is his black grandmother living in Kenya. His white grandmother, the one who actually RAISED him from the time Obama was 10, hasn't been seen or heard from....rather strange, if you ask me....she's not living in some old-age home....she's living in the same apartment in Hawaii she always has....

Maybe Hawaii is tougher to get to than Kenya?

JustRalph
03-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Reverend Jeremiah Wright is canceling all of his public appearances for "safety concerns." He's supposed to be over at some church in Tampa, but he bailed out of that one. But get this. He has slurred Italians now in a piece that he wrote published in the most recent issue of Trumpet News Magazine. He wrote a eulogy of the late scholar Asa Hilliard in the November-December, 2007, issue of this magazine, Trumpet News Magazine. Here's what he said: "(Jesus') enemies had their opinion about Him. The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans. From the circumstances surrounding Jesus' birth (in a barn in a township that was under the Apartheid Roman government that said his daddy had to be in), up to and including the circumstances surrounding Jesus' death on a cross, a Roman cross, public lynching Italian style. ... He refused to be defined by others and Dr. Asa Hilliard also refused to be defined by others. The government runs everything from the White House to the schoolhouse, from the Capitol to the Klan, white supremacy is clearly in charge, but Asa, like Jesus, refused to be defined by an oppressive government because Asa got his identity from an Omnipotent God."

Tom
03-27-2008, 07:30 AM
An equal opportunity hater.

The proof that he is wrong is that he is still alive.

Indulto
03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
http://christiannewswire.com/news/749176119.html (http://christiannewswire.com/news/749176119.html)
… Senator Obama recently made this statement in response if his two young daughters became pregnant. He said, "But if they made a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." …

… Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition, states, "It is hard to image anyone making such insensitive and thoughtless statements as Senator Obama did the other day by saying he did want his daughters 'punished with a baby.' Senator Obama should realize that children are a blessing regardless of the circumstances in which they are conceived or born. By these ignorant comments, Senator Obama has insulted every single mother and every child born to them.

"In America, we should be working to help young babies that are born in challenging situations and offering assistance and hope to their mothers. We should not be condemning them by saying that somehow it has now become 'punishment' to have a child in this country.

"We call upon Senator Obama to issue a public apology for these profoundly misguided statements and also address his anti-child and anti-compassion mind set. Mr. Obama talks about change and justice for the weakest and most vulnerable of our society. However, by saying women are 'punished' by having children shows a rigid values system from a 100 years ago, one that offers condemnation to those struggling instead of hope." …Obama keeps tripping over reverends. I guess now it's time for a discussion on "Religion in America." ;)

Marshall Bennett
03-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Should be forced to abandon his senate seat . The government doesn't need garbage like this !!

Indulto
03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Had Obama been white he'd been forced to withdraw by now ... probably resign from the senate as well . I don't see a stretch run at all , more likely a DNF by the time all is said and done with him . .... and Obama & Michelle aren't racist ? Who are the real racist is the larger scheme of things ??Obama has to be without a doubt the the worst excuse for a candidate we've ever had in this country , republican or democrat . He lacks experience , contradicts democratic values , and has racial issues . He would make a horrible president and every terrorist dream come true !! LL TT,
Your Obama-bashing posts seem progressively becoming more hateful; the latest reaching a new low:Should be forced to abandon his senate seat . The government doesn't need garbage like this !!As you are doubly double consonant-ending blessed, it occurred to me that a more appropriate pseudonym for you would end in “ss.”

I propose “classless.” ;)

PS: Do you always double question marks and exclamation marks when they terminate a post? :jump::jump:

wonatthewire1
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
LL TT,
Your Obama-bashing posts seem progressively becoming more hateful; the latest reaching a new low:As you are doubly double consonant-ending blessed, it occurred to me that a more appropriate pseudonym for you would end in “ss.”

PS: Do you always double question marks and exclamation marks when they terminate a post? :jump::jump:

Marshall is actually Bill & Hillary

Marshall Bennett
03-31-2008, 08:59 PM
LL TT,
Your Obama-bashing posts seem progressively becoming more hateful; the latest reaching a new low:As you are doubly double consonant-ending blessed, it occurred to me that a more appropriate pseudonym for you would end in “ss.”

So undoubtfully he's your man ... so now we know what class your in .. and along with your insults .. its only appropriate .

Hank
03-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Really sad, with all the terrible and serious problems facing our country most caused by a criminally incompetent decietful administration,they parse the words of an obsure preacher to attack a Canidate a canidate lol.Me thinks they protest to much.I think thier robes are showing

Indulto
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
So undoubtfully he's your man ... so now we know what class your in .. and along with your insults .. its only appropriate .I'd have used the word, "undoubtedly," but at least you used a double consonant. :lol:

If you weren't really attempting to be funny, then I'm sorry for assuming you had a sense of humor. At least you'll be able to say you insulted the future President of the United States. That claim should move you right up in class. :rolleyes:

To think A8 got banned for less ...

Greyfox
03-31-2008, 09:55 PM
If a man is going to go to bed with dogs, he shouldn't be afraid to get up with fleas.

Lefty
03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Hank, Parse the words? Laughable, laughable. A continuing rant about how whiie people invented aids to kill black pewople. God damn America? What the hell was parsed pray tell? Pun intended.
The latest from the Rev: Italians are garlic heads.
More parsing?

Marshall Bennett
03-31-2008, 11:16 PM
I'd have used the word, "undoubtedly," but at least you used a double consonant. :lol:

If you weren't really attempting to be funny, then I'm sorry for assuming you had a sense of humor. At least you'll be able to say you insulted the future President of the United States. That claim should move you right up in class. :rolleyes:

To think A8 got banned for less ...
Now we're getting banned for insulting substandard candidates ? As far as insulting Obama ( the future president ) I'm shaking in my shoes !! :p

Lefty
03-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Indulto, Obama may or may not be future pres, but stating facts isn't insulting.
I didn't read your lines about all the insulting by the libs on this board towards the current President. Perhaps I missed your redress of them...

Indulto
04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Indulto, Obama may or may not be future pres, but stating facts isn't insulting.
I didn't read your lines about all the insulting by the libs on this board towards the current President. Perhaps I missed your redress of them...Lefty,
What a delightfully engaging post, for a change! I knew you had it in you. :D

Of course stating facts can be insulting, depending upon their interpretation, just as stating opinions can be. Obviously, LL TT found the facts and the opinions in my posts insulting just as Obama would find being referred to as "garbage" insulting if he were to read this board.

Since you seem to be coming to his defense, please point out all the "facts" in the triple double consonated one's posts that I quoted as I apparently missed them.

Wouldn't you agree that anyone willing to be intentionally insulting should be willing to accept insults provided one can perceive them. ;)

As to redressing perceived insults toward the current president, there are too many of them both on-board and off -- from liberals as well as non-liberals -- to attempt such an overwhelming task even if I were so inclined. I have, however, tried to redress the sudden lack of right-reclining concern for the dreaded "flip-flop" thus far in this campaign.

Marshall Bennett
04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Lefty,
What a delightfully engaging post, for a change! I knew you had it in you. :D

Of course stating facts can be insulting, depending upon their interpretation, just as stating opinions can be. Obviously, LL TT found the facts and the opinions in my posts insulting just as Obama would find being referred to as "garbage" insulting if he were to read this board.

Since you seem to be coming to his defense, please point out all the "facts" in the triple double consonated one's posts that I quoted as I apparently missed them.

Wouldn't you agree that anyone willing to be intentionally insulting should be willing to accept insults provided one can perceive them. ;)

As to redressing perceived insults toward the current president, there are too many of them both on-board and off -- from liberals as well as non-liberals -- to attempt such an overwhelming task even if I were so inclined. I have, however, tried to redress the sudden lack of right-reclining concern for the dreaded "flip-flop" thus far in this campaign.
You simply have to much time on your hands . I'd rather offer up one-liners and get right to the point than go around screening post for spelling errors to hinge my insults on .

Indulto
04-01-2008, 11:10 AM
You simply have to much time on your hands . I'd rather offer up one-liners and get right to the point than go around screening post for spelling errors to hinge my insults on .LL TT,
As a very special case, you deserve the attention. ;)

I have no problem with spelling errors, though. I make them all the time myself. But I thought your use of a word that may not even exist was funny, whether or not it was intentional. You just confirmed it wasn't.