PDA

View Full Version : Top Four

Norm
03-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Everyone has an opinion at this time of year so, why not, here are my choices. Only these selections are based on neither handicapping nor bloodlines but rather on "hype-ability" (is there such a word ? . . . if not, I just invented it..) These are the horses that would make the most sensational news stories while our sport has national media attention IMO.

1) It's still War Pass. He looks like the second coming of Sysonby (who lost only one race in his career). A successful triple crown attempt would be a boon to the sport.. If he messes-up in the Wood ? . . . 'poof', story over.

2) Tomcito, the mystery horse from Peru who has beaten older horses and already won at classic distances including 1-1/2M. If he wins the Florida Derby, he'll be a headliner for sure. If not . . . oh, well.

3) Colonel John, we are told, is a direct male descendent of Man 'O War. Would be a great story horse . . . through how many generations can greatness be projected ? (It would be better if he were undefeated, but he isn't. his record is 3-2-0 out of 5.) He's poly track raced. The story would be good if he got better on dirt.

4) Dennis of Cork, he is still undefeated. Undefeated horses always make for excitement (ala Seattle Slew) if he stays that way.

After the recent public relations disaster of Barbaro, we need a 'feel good' story to come out of this year's classic races. Remember Unbridled ? The image of that elderly lady watching her horse win was priceless, one of the few times I didn't mind not having the winner.

So, what headline would you like to see in the news on the first Sunday in May ?

rastajenk
03-18-2008, 09:55 AM
So, what headline would you like to see in the news on the first Sunday in May ?
"Ohio Bettor Claims Lone Superfecta Derby Ticket"

:faint:

Norm
03-18-2008, 10:41 AM

:faint:
May the Horse be with you ! :)

whyhorseofcourse
03-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Then the inquiry sign flashed :faint:

:D