PDA

View Full Version : Z Humor Blows Chalk

michiken
03-17-2008, 06:55 PM
With all the fodder about War Pass running poorly, there is no thread about Z Fortune and his performance in the Rebel Stakes:

Z Fortune runs 5th at 0.70-1 odds. What are your thoughts on why he faded?

- Bad Post? Bad Ride?

- Were the prep races at the Fairgrounds really sub-par?

- Does that make Pyro suspect because of the slow pace?

- Or like War Pass did the trainer come up with an excuse?

ny0707ny
03-17-2008, 08:52 PM
With all the fodder about War Pass running poorly, there is no thread about Z Fortune and his performance in the Rebel Stakes:

Z Fortune runs 5th at 0.70-1 odds. What are your thoughts on why he faded?

- Bad Post? Bad Ride?

- Were the prep races at the Fairgrounds really sub-par?

- Does that make Pyro suspect because of the slow pace?

- Or like War Pass did the trainer come up with an excuse?

This horse is no War Pass though. His highest speed figure is a 95. He actually is on my blog of my horses I like for Derby. The best of the group of them running, which is weak as heck this year. But with this performance I am not sure about him. From what I have seen in the past, most horses running under 100 do not win Derbys. Nobiz, Scat Daddy all did well but too slow to win a Derby. He may fall into that group. The 95 may be his limit. Without the increasing speed figures leading to the Derby, usually those horses do not progress much beyond that. It is always possible though. Still holding out for him.

mannyberrios
03-17-2008, 09:28 PM
:bang: The same as Hard spun last year, he had a bad post . In that track, in a mile race, if you brake from the five post or beyond, and if you dont have a world of speed, you cant win.

ny0707ny
03-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for saying that. I acutally forgot to mention the post may have cost him a little.

Semipro
03-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks for saying that. I acutally forgot to mention the post may have cost him a little.The best horse won that race period....

russowen77
03-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks for saying that. I acutally forgot to mention the post may have cost him a little.

It might have but he didn't run that well. I am rapidly coming of the opinion he is not that talented. The best horse won that race.

DanG
03-18-2008, 06:45 AM
Speaking of the Rebel; Denis of Cork was certainly flattered by beating two who came back to win the Rebel and WinStar derby (dead-heat).

BTW: The War Pass’s of the world don’t want to see "Sacred Journey" in the gates anytime soon. As big a run-off as they get!

cj
03-18-2008, 06:53 AM
The Winstar wasn't a dead heat.

DanG
03-18-2008, 07:11 AM
The Winstar wasn't a dead heat.
Thanks