PDA

View Full Version : Well after almost 8 years, something good about Bush

ljb
03-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Gop Rep "Bush has killed the Republican brand."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/15/AR2008031502047.html?nav=rss_politics

lamboguy
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
we play horses here. do you really think it makes a diference who the president is? or which party they are from?

our leaders are terrible. they allow the lenders to take advantage of their customers. when they go broke the government bails them out.

follow this, if you bet with a bookmaker with credit. you bet all weekend and have no winners. it comes tuesday and you don't have the money to pay him.
the bookmaker now breaks your knees. these banks take shots without money, they loose, and th government asigns the taxpayer the bill to bail these suckers out. that has nothing to do with presidents or party's. that is our system and it is broken down now. dollar down from 121 in 2000 to 72 now. that tells the whole story.

gold going to 1600

ljb
03-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Just do some comparisons between now and 8 years ago. All most anything you want to compare. If you refuse to admit what has happened to this country since the republican/neo-cons took control, then you have my sympathy.

Tom
03-16-2008, 05:17 PM
It's not what the repubs have done, it's what the dems will do that worries me. Dumb and dumber.

ljb
03-16-2008, 05:33 PM
It's not what the repubs have done, it's what the dems will do that worries me. Dumb and dumber.
So am i to take it you are happy with the way things are ?

Tom
03-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Don't assume what you don't know.

Marshall Bennett
03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
So am i to take it you are happy with the way things are ?
I almost shiver to think how much worse it would be had we had some moron democrat like John Kerry with his head up his ass for the past 8 years !!

ljb
03-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Don't assume what you don't know.
So then am i to take it that you are not happy with things as they are ?

ljb
03-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I almost shiver to think how much worse it would be had we had some moron democrat like John Kerry with his head up his ass for the past 8 years !!
So you preferred Bush with his head up his ass ?

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2008, 03:44 AM
Gop Rep "Bush has killed the Republican brand."If this is true, how are you going to explain away another Democratic party loss in the November general elections?

Because, rest assured, if your nominee is Obama, you will lose. If it's Hillary, you still have a shot at victory.

ljb
03-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Another page to bookmark.

46zilzal
03-17-2008, 12:52 PM
The rutabaga has done two very good things and is about to do the third: quit office.

He quit drinking, I think.
He married well.

Tom
03-17-2008, 01:24 PM
He's not quitting, his term is ending. He served the full two terms, no perp walk. One thing is certain, his replacement will be a dishonest, incompetant fool.

Woah is us.

wonatthewire1
03-17-2008, 06:21 PM

kerry ran 4 years ago (hey i'm good at math)

ljb
03-17-2008, 08:30 PM
He's not quitting, his term is ending. He served the full two terms, no perp walk. One thing is certain, his replacement will be a dishonest, incompetant fool.

Woah is us.
We will never (in our lifetime) have a president more dishonest, incompetent then your choice, the current president !

Tom
03-17-2008, 10:58 PM
We already did - Carter. Remeber the misery index?
The 444 days of hostages?
The infaltion?
The gas prices when there was no world wide competition for it?

Hands down, Carter was the bigger ass.

And you guys on the left have two prime canddates to beat that record! :lol:

Marshall Bennett
03-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Billions of dollars in govt. contracts as well that got flushed down the toilet when the Shah of Iran was overthrown . Carter could have bought time and allowed for damage control . He could have sent troops and restored order . What he did was absolutely nothing and we're still paying for it.

ljb
03-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Billions of dollars in govt. contracts as well that got flushed down the toilet when the Shah of Iran was overthrown . Carter could have bought time and allowed for damage control . He could have sent troops and restored order . What he did was absolutely nothing and we're still paying for it.
Expected reply from a war-mongering imperialist.

ljb
03-18-2008, 10:11 AM
We already did - Carter. Remeber the misery index?
The 444 days of hostages?
The infaltion?
The gas prices when there was no world wide competition for it?

Hands down, Carter was the bigger ass.

And you guys on the left have two prime canddates to beat that record! :lol:
Carter is a good and honest man.

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 10:12 AM
That fellow was put in power after a coup and treated his people horribly. Good for them that he was overthrown BY THEM.

Tom
03-18-2008, 10:19 AM
So was Mr. Rogers, ljb.....so was Mr. Rogers.

Marshall Bennett
03-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Expected reply from a war-mongering imperialist.
My statement was based on fact not opinion , unlike yourself .

Marshall Bennett
03-18-2008, 10:36 AM
That fellow was put in power after a coup and treated his people horribly. Good for them that he was overthrown BY THEM.
Oh yeah ... and look what he was replaced with .

lsbets
03-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Carter is a good and honest man.

No he's not, and any look at his record at the Carter Center and as an election observer makes that painfully obvious.

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
No he's not, and any look at his record at the Carter Center and as an election observer makes that painfully obvious.
I would put his record of being honest and genuine up against ANY who have been in the Oval office.......

ljb
03-18-2008, 01:12 PM
My statement was based on fact not opinion , unlike yourself .
In your opinion yes.

ljb
03-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I do not recall hearing of anything from either place that disputes my statement.

lsbets
03-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I do not recall hearing of anything from either place that disputes my statement.

Than I would suggest you pay attention, you might learn something one day.

Hank
03-18-2008, 07:28 PM
The rutabaga has done two very good things and is about to do the third: quit office.

He quit drinking, I think.
He married well.

You missed one, His speech to congress after 9-11 was a great speech.It was all down hill after that.:D

ljb
03-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Than I would suggest you pay attention, you might learn something one day.
You mean I said something and you had best listen up rookie ?
Your opinions don't carry a lot of weight with me LS.

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 08:00 PM
You missed one, His speech to congress after 9-11 was a great speech.It was all down hill after that.
Come on, crap glossed over is still crap.

lsbets
03-18-2008, 09:39 PM
You mean I said something and you had best listen up rookie ?
Your opinions don't carry a lot of weight with me LS.

Oooh - you don't think much of me. Considering you openly laughed about the possibility of my soldiers suffering casualties in Iraq, that doesn't hurt my feelings too much. And before you protest that's not what you said, I can link to the whole episode and humiliate you again if you'd like.

46zilzal
03-18-2008, 11:19 PM
My soldiers?? funny stuff as they own themselves.

Tom
03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
My soldiers?? Funny stuff as they own themselves.

Two things you don't understand -

1. ls was in a leadship postion, which is a tremendous responsibility in a battlezone. They were HIS troops.

2. Capital letters.

ljb
03-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Oooh - you don't think much of me. Considering you openly laughed about the possibility of my soldiers suffering casualties in Iraq, that doesn't hurt my feelings too much. And before you protest that's not what you said, I can link to the whole episode and humiliate you again if you'd like.
Your imagination has gotten the best of you again ls. Perhaps you should consult with your physician at the VA. Get more meds, what ever it takes.
Link it up, the only one being humiliated will be you.

lsbets
03-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Your imagination has gotten the best of you again ls. Perhaps you should consult with your physician at the VA. Get more meds, what ever it takes.
Link it up, the only one being humiliated will be you.

Here's the link ljb - anyone who wants to know what kind of a lowlife scumbag you are can just click on it. It was pretty obvious to everyone who read it at the time that you took great pleasure in taunting me about casualties in my unit while I was over in Iraq. I know you get off on your little trolling games, but I think it is important for newcomers to realize what a generally rotten person you are.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11095&page=3&highlight=boots+ground

Tom
03-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Post #33