PDA

View Full Version : post position reports

chrisl
03-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Hello: I have been looking for post position reports for tracks on DRF and TSN. I have not been able to find these. I could be looking in the wrong place.
Any help? Thank You ...Chrisl

Norm
03-16-2008, 01:28 PM
On the DRF site, that info is available to subscribers. After you open up a card you have purchased, winning post positions for the current meet can be viewed, but only for the track associated with the card.

chrisl
03-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Thank You Norm

Turfday
03-16-2008, 02:20 PM
If you would like truly MEANINGFUL post position stats, including by FIELD SIZE, in-the-money and much more ..........for every single track in the country and using the different search features (last 365 days, last three years or since Jan. 1, 1995), there is no better source than my own website Turfday.com, which I'm allowed to pimp as a Pace Advantage advertiser.

Not only are Turfday's stats for every single track in the country (and Canada), but they are also broken down by each individual DISTANCE that track runs or has run in the past and not clumped together (sprints, routes, etc).

Not only that, but each individual post position is GRADED by field size and THE CLOSING ODDS every horse from that post position started at. Why is this important? Well, wouldn't it stand to reason that if post position six (example) had far more short prices than post position eight, wouldn't post position six likely have more winners coming out of it?

If there are any true post position biases at any track, you need a reasonably large sample size, you need to break it down by each different distance and you need to break it down by FIELD SIZE. Then ODDS each horse went off at and how they finished.

We grade all of those factors.

Nobody believes me when I tell them that posts five and six (generally speaking) at many big tracks are the WORST post positions at six furlongs in field sizes of 11 or 12. That starters from those posts (at many tracks, not all) underperform at that specific distance based on their odds and those field sizes.

rokitman
03-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I've noticed the PP 5/6 problem in my own research.

How about break down by run style?

Turfday
03-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Much like our post position date, this is broken down first by the specific distance (NO clumping of all sprint distances or all route distance or all turf distances).

It is then broken down by field size so when you are looking (searching), you'll find the field size specific data for the race in question. You then choose interactively one of our three search options (last 365 days, last three years or since Jan. 1, 1995...note: a fourth search option "last five years" is being added). You can of course toggle back and forth if you so choose to identify trends.

Once that comes up, we break it down by:

Wire-to-Wire

Stalkers

Mid-Pack

Come-from-Behind

chrisl
03-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Thank You for the info Gentlemen...Chrisl