PDA

View Full Version : should tvg suspend ken rudolph?

larman
03-15-2008, 07:21 PM
As abunch of us were watching the tampa bay derby Ken Rudolph remarked
to Frank Lyons theres a huge pick 6 carryover tomorrow, Lyons
said no racing tomorrow at new york. Rudolph then said oh yeah I
forgot its a mob holiday. Obviously lyons was a bit miffed and said no its
Palm sunday. Im now getting madder by the moment as I think about it.

The Bit
03-15-2008, 07:34 PM
He should be banned for being clueless.

JPinMaryland
03-15-2008, 08:21 PM
I thought the mob did celebrate Palm Sunday; most of the are catholic, no?

usafsso
03-15-2008, 08:51 PM
No. People say stupid things. This was not racist or said with any intent to offend anyone. It was just an unfunny comment. But I'm sure the 5 people who took offence will complain and something will happen. :bang: We are allowed to say what we want with out fear of recourse.

JustRalph
03-15-2008, 10:02 PM
We are allowed to say what we want with out fear of recourse.

Where the hell do you get that Idea? That might be the post of the day or maybe the week...............? You obviously don't understand free speech.

cj's dad
03-15-2008, 10:35 PM
No. People say stupid things. This was not racist or said with any intent to offend anyone. It was just an unfunny comment. But I'm sure the 5 people who took offence will complain and something will happen. :bang: We are allowed to say what we want with out fear of recourse.

I need 4 others to take offense ( note the spelling of offense). And you reference the mob ??? Who the hell do you know in the MOB???

And how do you know what the intentions were???

Marshall Bennett
03-15-2008, 11:08 PM
In defence of Rudolph , he didn't know palm Sunday was tomorrow . I'm not suggesting he's a great host , just that he made a mistake ... lighten up . :cool:

cj's dad
03-15-2008, 11:12 PM
In defence of Rudolph , he didn't know palm Sunday was tomorrow . I'm not suggesting he's a great host , just that he made a mistake ... lighten up . :cool:

Imagine if Frank Lyons or anyone else made a derogatory remark about racing on MLK day. Fired in a minute !!!

Tom
03-15-2008, 11:44 PM
I remember Kenny.....he sucked. Reason #2 I quit watching
Loud mouth turkey with nothing to offer - must be Matt's brother.:rolleyes:
I can see a jerk like him saying that. Clueless and classless.

The Bit
03-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I think most of those guys and gals do an ok job, but Rudolph is so clueless it is annoying.

Wickel
03-16-2008, 12:28 AM
I found it very offensive. TVG defintely needs to take some action on this one. KR thinks he's doing a comedy routine. He needs to return to the B movie genre from whence he came. Maybe they can place him in a remake of "Swamp Thing" or something.

cj
03-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Since the mob generally refers to Italians, and the vast majority of Italians are Catholic, how could this be taken a simple "Oops, my bad" type of thing? Sounds like he knew exactly what he was saying to me.

chickenhead
03-16-2008, 02:50 AM
he's done enough..........

JustRalph
03-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Since the mob generally refers to Italians, and the vast majority of Italians are Catholic, how could this be taken a simple "Oops, my bad" type of thing? Sounds like he knew exactly what he was saying to me.

That's the way I read it.............. if you didn't get it...........you didn't get it. But it sounds clear enough to me........? :bang:

MikeDee
03-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Since I am both Italian and Catholic, Rudolphs' comment didn't bother me.

I find the comments made in this thread both asinine and offensive and it should be removed from the board or at least put in off topic so I can ignore it with all the crap by using the "new post ignore off topic" button

DrugS
03-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Much ado about nothing.

If Rudolph should be suspended for anything - it should be for the fact that he offers almost nothing to the horse player.

As an Italian - being the superior good looking people that we are and all - I believe we are more fair game than any other nationality.

Pace Cap'n
03-16-2008, 08:52 AM
My wife and I were watching, but I had left the room. I came back and she said "What is a mob holiday?". All I could come up with was St. Valentine's Day.

AQUEBUCKS
03-16-2008, 09:03 AM
I believe his comment about NY racing and Palm Sunday were tasteless. I think we all know what he was insinuating. As the gentleman mentioned earlier, if a similar negative comment was made about-Let's say- Martin Luther King, That person would be looking for a new job.

Regarding Ken Rudolf, he must really need his TVG job, as his acting career is going nowhere-as evidenced in his brief role (about a nano-second) in the movie Smokin' Aces

Shenanigans
03-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Oh please, you people are so touchy. Every Italian I ever met liked the idea of being associated with the mob (even if they weren't). His comment was a mere tongue in cheek and probably ment to be taken that way. I am sure if the same thing was said on some comedy show like Saturday Night Live none of you would have taken offense to it.

DanG
03-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Much ado about nothing.
Exactly! :ThmbUp:

Grits
03-16-2008, 10:21 AM
When told, it was Palm Sunday, Rudolph looked as though he could have crawled under the desk. While Frank Lyons, the Irish-Catholic, sitting next to him was probably the bearer of Rudolph's enlightenment.

So much for Rudolph's working knowledge of Christianity. I would imagine he wished, terribly, he'd kept his mouth shut.

Cute can often prove unfortunate. One simply considers the source now and then.....and turns the page.

cj
03-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Exactly! :ThmbUp:

I forgot it is OK to offend Catholics in the US. I won't let it happen again.

shanta
03-16-2008, 10:53 AM
My wife and I were watching, but I had left the room. I came back and she said "What is a mob holiday?". All I could come up with was St. Valentine's Day.

:lol: :lol: :ThmbUp:

DanG
03-16-2008, 11:00 AM
I forgot it is OK to bash Catholics in the US. I won't let it happen again.
Huh?

You’re WAY off base. :ThmbDown:

My point is I’m sick and tired of the foaming at the mouth over every single “off-color” remark. ENOUGH ALREADY!

This isn’t yelling “Bomb” on an airplane for goodness sakes. People have become conveniently selective at what their sensitive to, and obviously you’re on that list.

I’m 50% Cherokee and somehow I’ve survived all the bullshit thrown at my heritage. Maybe the next time people “Tomahawk Chop” I should flip out and seek a lawyer.

As Drugs said…MUCH to do about NOTHING!

cj
03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Huh?

My point is I’m sick and tired of the foaming at the mouth over every single “off-color” remark. ENOUGH ALREADY!

This isn’t yelling “Bomb” on an airplane for goodness sakes. People have become conveniently selective at what their sensitive to, and obviously you’re on that list.

I’m 50% Cherokee and somehow I’ve survived all the bullshit thrown at my heritage. Maybe the next time people “Tomahawk Chop” I should flip out and seek a lawyer.

Well, for one, I never said he should be suspended. I am glad, however, that you seem to think you can know so much about me and others through internet postings.

rrbauer
03-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Since I am both Italian and Catholic, Rudolphs' comment didn't bother me.

I find the comments made in this thread both asinine and offensive and it should be removed from the board or at least put in off topic so I can ignore it with all the crap by using the "new post ignore off topic" button

AMEN! If Rudolph insulted you, that's your problem.

DanG
03-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Well, for one, I never said he should be suspended. I am glad, however, that you seem to think you can know so much about me and others through internet postings.
I know as much about yourself as you know about me…yet…you sling that “It’s OK to offend Catholics” nonsense my way.

I do know this however…

Bye-Bye off-topic…Nice knowing ya!

Storm Cadet
03-16-2008, 11:26 AM
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/05/23/sopranos460.jpg

Whose offended? My buddies still work Sunday, although there is No garbage pick up :)

cj
03-16-2008, 11:49 AM
AMEN! If Rudolph insulted you, that's your problem.

Why would it be my problem? Do people turn on TVG to hear their religion slighted? Is that supposed to be entertaining? I thought that was what SNL was for, not TVG.

magwell
03-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Much ado about nothing.

If Rudolph should be suspended for anything - it should be for the fact that he offers almost nothing to the horse player.

As an Italian - being the superior good looking people that we are and all - I believe we are more fair game than any other nationality. He wont go he is TVGs "TOKEN" but i probly will be suspended for saying THAT.....:bang:

Marshall Bennett
03-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Only glad the FCC doesn't use some of you guys as its moral authority , we wouldn't have any radio or television .. or even this forum for that matter . :confused:

Javagold
03-16-2008, 12:23 PM
i say even if you are not offended, which i am not as nothing offends me, i say we start a movement to get him fired just to put jesse jackson and al sharpton on notice that we are sick and tired of their racist views and we are playing this game just as they are and now that more blacks have more opportunities than they ever have, enough of them should be get the message that for a slip of the tongue or innocent remark you are fired, just like that PGA girl analyst got "lynched"

AQUEBUCKS
03-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I think some need to get away from the "Double Standard" mentality. If this A$$hole does not give a public apology, TODAY, he should be fired.

Remember what happened to Imus?

Tom
03-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Great point, AQ....btw, LOVE that name!

jballscalls
03-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I think some need to get away from the "Double Standard" mentality. If this A$$hole does not give a public apology, TODAY, he should be fired.

Remember what happened to Imus?

As someone who can't stand Imus, i must say he did get the shaft. I've heard wayyyy worse said on the airwaves of radio and tv, and they didnt get fired. i think he kind of dug his own grave by apologizing and cowering to sharpton.

the double standard thing is very much there, in many aspects of life, racially, sexually, and many other ways. i think the problem is that the people in power need to go against it, not just us the lay people.

David-LV
03-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I forgot it is OK to offend Catholics in the US. I won't let it happen again.

I'm Catholic, it did not offend me.

Lighten up already the world has enough problems, the guy was trying to make a joke.:) ;)

_________
David

BombsAway Bob
03-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Only glad the FCC doesn't use some of you guys as its moral authority , we wouldn't have any radio or television .. or even this forum for that matter . :confused:
"Moral Authority"..kinda gives you the shivers just thinking about the absurdity of it!

cj
03-16-2008, 04:23 PM
OK, for the last time, here is the deal as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I couldn't care less what Ken Rudolph says. What bugs me is here on this forum, people telling others how to take the comment.

I would say if someone chose not to go to mass today (i.e. they are not Catholic or a practicing Catholic), they have no business telling anyone if they should or should not be offended.

lamboguy
03-16-2008, 04:33 PM
her pay should be doubled. she is the best harness picker i have ever met in my life. she is consistent. i wonder where she learned about harness racing at such a young age. i have been trying to cap it for 40 years and have never had a winner!

cj's dad
03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
her pay should be doubled. she is the best harness picker i have ever met in my life. she is consistent. i wonder where she learned about harness racing at such a young age. i have been trying to cap it for 40 years and have never had a winner!

R U smoking??? This thread is about Ken Rudolph and his racist remarks.

lamboguy
03-16-2008, 08:10 PM
sorry about that. if my memory serves me right mr. ken had giacomo in the derby/ just giving credit where credit is due!

i basically don't tune into tvg unless christina is on, i love her harness picks

eastie
03-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Huh?

well said Chief.....check out redbone on you tube (from the midnight special) it will blow your mind

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2008, 04:19 AM
If this A$$hole does not give a public apology, TODAY, he should be fired.He did apologize a few minutes after his remark. He called himself a heathen as well....

I guess ya'll missed that part...

No, TVG should not suspend Ken Rudolph. After all, he did pick Big Truck to win the TBD, and isn't that what it's all about?

And really, should this thread be in off-topic?

pandy
03-17-2008, 06:19 AM
He did apologize a few minutes after his remark. He called himself a heathen as well....

I guess ya'll missed that part...

No, TVG should not suspend Ken Rudolph. After all, he did pick Big Truck to win the TBD, and isn't that what it's all about?

And really, should this thread be in off-topic?

I think that pretty much settles this silly thread.

AQUEBUCKS
03-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Now thems HEATHENS:

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ejk/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ejk/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ejk/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg

NY BRED
03-17-2008, 08:50 PM
The only value of TVG is live racing.

INMHO, TVG could realize dramatically improved profits by offering
the live feed and eliminating the majority of these hosts
(excluding Christina and Jill).

the balance of the male hosts brings zero value to the table,
unless you remember to utilize their picks as throwouts
when making your bets.

Attempting to gain attention by offering idiotic jokes does
little to attract new fans and infuriates the "regulars" who
watch the show and have left the volume up by mistake.

ALostTexan
03-18-2008, 03:16 AM
I don't think Ken should be banned for this.

I think he should have been kicked off the air a long time ago, right after asking how much money Thor's Echo was sold for at the Eclipse Awards last year.

Totally classless. He appeared so drunk that I don't think he even would remember asking the question...