PDA

View Full Version : New Yawk Race 1..and a double for Saturday

Suff
02-08-2003, 12:30 AM
You'd like to think you can eliminate a horse , then you get an $83.00 winner in the first at Gulfstream today...... and ...then..you Can't.

That winner... had a morning line of 15-1...... was going FIRST BLINKERS for a trainer that is 10% on such angles with a $5.85 ROI. Easy angle... commonly played......... missed it.

#1 Inca Halo. 30-1... I'll give you a few reasons to include on some tickets.. and then I'll tell you why I'm not. Lifetime high beyer of 77 was earned on this surface.. one of his two wins was earned on this surface.. and one of his two wins was going in MUD at this distance at Belmont. With that said... Looks to me like this one just does'nt want to be a race horse anymore. Mark Henig paid 40 grand for him a year ago and he has One 2nd place finish from 12 starts.

And it's a minor detail... But DRF has his Lifetime High beyer wrong in his stats in the top right hand corner....His lifetime high is a 77....they have as 76... minor I know.. but shows they do make mistakes and you gotta look close when your betting the tuition fund.... he earned a 77 on this course 14 months ago.

#2 Lets paaaaatay....30-1....... I wanna just toss... But I keep looking and I see a few very very weak angles that keeps me looking. Here they are. Cutting Back... Does have some tactical speed... Last race was first in four months.. Class drop... 2nd race without BUTE... Would need a MAJOR improvement for sure.. But Crazier things have happned.. His best Beyers are going a mile,, But looks like a sprinter to me... Tucked on the rail, in the slop ( where he has a 2nd place finish) could surprise for 3rd at about 50-1

#3 Hunt Gold.. 6-1... whoa! 91 beyer in the slop at Philly 18 months ago... Been off the track for long stretchs,,, Last out was not a bad effort for the first in 8 months.. earned a 63......With the better pilot and the wet ground... he'll make some noise

#4 Vincent De-Paul 20-1... the only thing that interests me here is the Jockey Change to Castillo....and thats a real head srcatcher that makes me go Hummmmmmmmm? Gonna think a little longer on that.

#5 Valid Card Dealer..4-1... If sir Ghost scratches out,, this one big threat to wire them...... Depending on how wet it is... Good track condition and up,,, Big threat... the wetter the worse... 5 win from 15 starts on the inner.....Sloppy track... still has the class to hang for 2nd or 3rd... in a very weak group.

#6 Malinverno 20-1... Wet track eliminates this one... and I'm assuming thats what we'll get... If by a miracle it comes up fast.. I excpect an improved performance and a ticket finish.

#7. Pirates Gold 6-1... Hard to really say how this one will take to mud.. Has one poor performance , but that was 2 years ago, when routing.. Different horse now that he's learned the game. does have some good performances on a wet turf.. Figures to shoot out and hope for the best... Not sure what to make of this one,, in the slop,, he could take Sir Ghost and Valid card dealer out and ruin them and set this up for a Monster Exacta or trifecta... I Don;t get paid for this so I can say... not sure?

#8 Sir Ghost 3-1.. he did hang for 4th on a wet trackj in last... but that was a 7 horse field.. and he was very catchable if anyone was there.. as I think there will be here. On a dry track.. I'd bet they bet this horse to 7-5 here.... Should run these down easy... But with a wet track,,, I don't know... he IS 0 for 7 on the inner with 5- 2nds.... Tough to like in the slop at short odds...

#9 Dixie Lander... 20-1... another with no Mud success and full of speed,,, takes the Blinkers off for the first time in 35 starts and thats bound to have some effect... what that will be is anyone's guess........

#10 River Ghost.... 3-1... Appears to be the only one with decent success on a muddy track... and will probably be bet to reflect that....... 8/5 or less I'd imagine,, Cuts back to his distance... Has faced some hot horse's of late. Fast or wet... The one to beat... But in the MUD.... a notch down from a LOCK.

Using the 10 on top of.. the 8, 3, 4, ..............Playing a couple of doubles with the HIGH odds players.. .

Race 2......

#4...Dynamo Don... (8-5) This one could be a Real race horse... His sire (known fact) has produced some nice Turfers (GIANT CAUSEWAY) and is great Grandson of MAN O WAR. Has Man o war on both sides. With mainly Euorpean influence.. I'm going to assume he will take to a wet surface. And I'm pretty sure Donald Reeder owns Barbarasgoneagain and breeds her out of Pennsylvania. he;s invested in this one and he's well spotted here. Does have one work at Philly on a good track and it was a 6th best of 23.

All systems go......For the win.

The 6 Bullistic Fight..(8-1) cutting back for a Sleepy good trainer in Toner... Love the mud... Recent works show she's tuned... Beat the 2 for a decent exacta.....

using 4-6

Good luck.

Suff
02-08-2003, 01:12 AM
whooops Goofed... Giant Causeway's out of Storm cat and Mariah's storm.... Known fact is out of reality who was out of Bold fact who was out of Bold ruler... who sired Secretariat.. who sired Terlingua who was Storm cat's mare.. who sired Giant Causeway... Got all that?

Fact is ... Son's and daughters of reality have won on Grass.. Dirt.. Wet and fast, sprinting and routing.

Suff
02-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Well... They scrached my Top selection... and probably my 2nd "LIKED" horse as well... the 10 & 3.....

Now they're betting the 7 heavy... a horse I was "Unsure" of last night. And as I look closer..... I don't like the horse... Certainly I have an aversion to favorites..... But this is horse has not made up ONE INCH of ground past the 3 furlong marker in his last 4 races...........And they just keep dropping and dropping him..and here he is at the BOTTOM.... a 10K claimer...
i'm Going to use the 8 with the 4 and I'm taking a flyer on the 2 as I mentioned...

8-4-2

Derek2U
02-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Some observations about R1.
The SOLE speed of the Race is #5 (ValidCardDealer) and outta
Valid Appeal will like Wet. #7 (Pirates Gold) may challenge
#5 at some point so the track condition will determine much
of #7 success. And, finally, #1 (Inca Halo) is 2nd-time-out
just Gelded, got a very noticeable BAD ride by Luzzi last out.
The FAV will be #8 and here is the classic flip-a-coin FAV.
A 6-yr old in search of win at the bottom level. I dunno honestly.
So I will NOT bet #8 (Sir Ghost) to win but I will play 1-5-7/8
& Reverse for FUN plays. I think the winner could be between
the 5 & 7 but this race may offer clues to the remaining races.

Suff
02-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Ok... Now I plug into my video and I see its a fast track,,, I doubt that but I'll take thier word for it..so.. I'm betting the

8-5-6 on a fast......