PDA

View Full Version : 15Mar08SA Selections

SRK
03-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Race 1

In a sense, it’s a shame that one of these horses is going to win this putrid opener on Saturday’s card. None deserve to win, and I'm not going to dig too deep in my pocket, if I bet this one at all. Two Turns (3) actually might have won his last, had he not been blocked in the lane, and sports a steady work tab since. Beyond Boundaries (11), finished just behind Two Turns in that race, and should be prominently placed throughout in this one. Mr. Truman (7) has chased both the top two home in prior starts. So has Cold Prince (2) who should be overlooked in the betting. Bertie Boy (4) stretchs out, and might just hang around long enough to end up on the board. Babu (5) appears to be a vulnerable morning line favorite. He ran second in his first try versus claimers, in his comebacker, but that was the slowest mile run so far at the meet, pacewise and final time. He was worked well since, and should improve, but I’ll take a stand against him in the win position, and use him underneath. Watch the horses during the pre-race routines. Should be some text-book examples of what out-of-shape and “bet against” horses look like.

SRK
03-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Race 2

Gary Stute certainly isn’t afraid to drop them in for the money. He’s already proven that with Trail Mix (9), who he’s made that winning move from $40k down to $12.5k, and from $32k down to $16k. He’s going to try again today, putting this one on a half price special. He might just pull it off again, as I really don’t see anyone who can, much less wants to run with Trail Mix early. While the new surface seems much kinder to off the pace types, you do still see a fair share of gate to wire victories. This should be another. There are plenty of off-the-pace types who could complete the exacta. Hemet (13) and Bewitching Bartok (7) are the two obvious choices to do that. However, it looks totally open for the show spot, so I would spread underneath in my tri’s.

SRK
03-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Race 3

Prime Catch (4) looks primed for a top effort off a 6 week freshening. The rest of the field is hoping that Shriek (5) tries to keep up with him, because if he doesn’t he could go all the way. Tizzy’s Tune (3), Prime Catch (4) and Down (6) will be the three with the best shot to catch the front-runners late.