PDA

View Full Version : When did Gulfstream rework their surface?

CBedo
03-15-2008, 10:56 AM
It didn't used to be a one turn mile did it? I've been out of it a while, and just noticed the change. And not only when did they change it, but what were the major changes?

Thanks for the patience,

onefast99
03-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Two years ago they re-did the facility, still working on the restaurants and shops which are in the old valet parking lot. The tiki hut or Franks energy drink promotional area is to the right of the winners circle, the paddock area is still very small and the track has a new surface(dirt) as of this year.

DanG
03-15-2008, 11:24 AM
It didn't used to be a one turn mile did it? I've been out of it a while, and just noticed the change. And not only when did they change it, but what were the major changes?

Thanks for the patience,
2005 they completely reconstructed the track expanding it from a mile to 1 1/8th. (Actually longer because they made an error in measuring!!!)

Widened the turf course considerably and since then [editorial] have pretty much destroyed one of my favorite places on earth. :bang:

rokitman
03-15-2008, 01:14 PM
2005 they completely reconstructed the track expanding it from a mile to 1 1/8th. (Actually longer because they made an error in measuring!!!)
Widened the turf course considerably and since then [editorial] have pretty much destroyed one of my favorite places on earth. :bang:WHAT?!!

CBedo
03-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Thanks Dan for the info. Just to make sure I'm clear, when you say they reworked the surface in 2005, does that mean after the 2005 season (so data from 2006 to now is on the new track), or before the 2005 season?

I'll be making my first trip to GP in April, and I'm trying to learn a little about the track before then.

Thanks again.