PDA

View Full Version : Client Number Nine

stu
03-15-2008, 09:07 AM
For those curiously strange folks (like me), you will be happy to know that the name "Client Number Nine" has been reserved with the Jockey Club by someone other than me.

boomman
03-15-2008, 09:46 AM
For those curiously strange folks (like me), you will be happy to know that the name "Client Number Nine" has been reserved with the Jockey Club by someone other than me.

Stu: Someone beat you to the punch, huh? I was Sooo looking forward to that horse being a New Mexico Bred, too! :D Talk about a horse that will get BET as a first time starter! LOL

Boomer

onefast99
03-15-2008, 11:20 AM
NY bred.

Cangamble
03-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I'd be surprised if they allowed the name, it is in violation of rule F 8. Sort of:

F. The following classes of names are not eligible for use:

1. Names consisting of more than 18 letters (spaces and punctuation marks count as letters);
2. Initials such as C.O.D., F.O.B., etc.;
3. Names ending in "filly," "colt," "stud," "mare," "stallion," or any similar horse-related term;
4. Names consisting entirely of numbers. Numbers above thirty may be used if they are spelled out.
5. Names ending with a numerical designation such as "2nd" or "3rd," whether or not such a designation is spelled out;
6. Names of persons unless written permission to use their name is on file with The Jockey Club;
7. Names of "famous" people no longer living unless approval is granted by the Board of Stewards of The Jockey Club;
8. Names of "notorious" people;
9. Names of racetracks or graded stakes races;
10. Recorded names such as assumed names or stable names;
11. Names clearly having commercial significance, such as trade names;
12. Copyrighted material, titles of books, plays, motion pictures, popular songs, etc., unless the applicant furnishes The Jockey Club with proof that the copyright has been abandoned or that such material has not been used within the last five years;
13. Names that are suggestive or have a vulgar or obscene meaning; names considered in poor taste; or names that may be offensive to religious, political or ethnic groups.
14. Names that are currently active either in the stud or on the turf, and names similar in spelling or pronunciation to such names, see 6(E);
15. Permanent names and names similar in spelling or pronunciation to permanent names. The list of criteria to establish a permanent name is as follows:

a. Horses in racing's Hall of Fame;
b. Horses that have been voted Horse of the Year;
c. Horses that have won an Eclipse Award;
d. Horses that have won a Sovereign Award (Canadian Champions);
e. Annual leading sire and broodmare sire by progeny earnings;
f. Cumulative money winners of $2 million or more;
g. Horses that have won the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont Stakes, The Jockey Club Gold Cup, the Breeders' Cup Classic or the Breeders' Cup Turf; and
h. Horses included in the International List of Protected Names.

Pace Cap'n
03-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Client no. nine: Spitzer

Clients no. 1-8: Charlie Sheen

asH
03-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Client Number Nine Sire Jazzin Around
Dam The Thrill Is Back
Br Newchance Farms

DJofSD
03-15-2008, 03:03 PM
There's a difference between being notorious and being stupid.

jballscalls
03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
There's a difference between being notorious and being stupid.

is there a difference between stupid and horny??? seems alot of the stupid happens when you have alot of the horny :)

Valuist
03-15-2008, 08:48 PM
is there a difference between stupid and horny??? seems alot of the stupid happens when you have alot of the horny :)

What was the question again?

DJofSD
03-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Like a wise man once said: never let the little head do the thinking for the big one!

rrpic6
03-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Race Calls:

"Client No. 9 is comfortable with his position at the rear."
"Client No. 9 has plenty left and just needs an opening."
"Client No. 9 has found his opening and here he comes!"

RR

DJofSD
03-16-2008, 09:23 AM
All that we need now is a race with "Wire Transfer", "Your Time Is Up" and "Come Up and See Me".

Kelso
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Race Calls:

RR

"Client No. 9 left it all on the track. What a ride!"

BeatTheChalk
03-17-2008, 09:15 PM

We can prolly use "" Love Potion Number 9 "" instead :lol:

Marshall Bennett
03-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Client # 9 has pulled up lame !!

DJofSD
03-17-2008, 11:50 PM
I can hear it now: last to load, Client Number Nine; walks up to the gate; rears up, throws the jockey. He's refusing to load! The assistant starters are locking arms, encouraging Client Number Nine to enter the gate. He loads. Just waiting for his rider to remount......ready....and they're off! Client Number Nine shots to the lead.

Oddzilla
03-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Race Calls:

RR

:ThmbUp:

I'd hate to see him on mud.
"Client Number Nine pounds the slop!"