PDA

View Full Version : Poly kickback

46zilzal
03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Not betting but watching Turfway today: that kickback would negate most off the pace winners.

And they try to sell the "off weather" idea over and over......Fine just like the Emperor's New Clothes.

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Yeah, that kickback certainly was intense....I was watching myself....

I shudder to think what might happen if that stuff turns out to be dangerous to human and equine lungs....

Norm
03-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Jockeys and horses will have to start wearing Haz-Mat gear. This is the beginning of 'New Age" racing. The next step will be foam out-riggers to prevent bumping. The riders and mounts are going to begin resembling Knights and their chargers . . . only they will look a lot more ridicules. :lol:

Greyfox
03-15-2008, 01:47 PM
The WW1 troops had the answer for horse breathing problems. Gas masks.
That may be the future of horse racing. Sorry. The picture is bigger than intended.

http://www.firstworldwar.com/photos/graphics/ww_man_horse_mask_01.jpg

Valuist
03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Jockeys and horses will have to start wearing Haz-Mat gear. This is the beginning of 'New Age" racing. The next step will be foam out-riggers to prevent bumping. The riders and mounts are going to begin resembling Knights and their chargers . . . only they will look a lot more ridicules. :lol:

Masks will replace helmets in the jocks room and sundials will replace teletimers at the synth tracks.

Hosshead
03-15-2008, 09:49 PM
These "innovative" tracks should supply optional masks to railbirds.

Marshall Bennett
03-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I've often wondered why they don't protect themselves in some manner from breathing the shit , at least until some study is completed on long term effects , however long that takes . :mad:

JPinMaryland
03-16-2008, 08:49 AM
The last time I read about this in connection with SA was that the horses are scoping clean after workouts. Doesnt mean there wont be long term effects.