PDA

View Full Version : Will The Republicans Win The White House ?

riskman
03-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Except three occasions, Democrats' loss of appeal to white working-class has shut them out of the White House beginning from Nixon's presidency.

http://www.newamerica.net/publications/articles/2008/history_s_hurdle_democrats_6754

Interesting Article

ljb
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
This has been cited as a proxy vote of Obama vs. McCain. Both candidates received support from these two.

“By itself, this would not be that big of a deal, but coupled with everything else it will just deflate the [House Republican] Conference,” said an aide to one top GOP lawmaker. “And symbolically, losing Hastert’s seat is like the toppling of the Saddam statue in Baghdad for Republicans.”

skate
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
The way things are Now, it sure looks like the Democrats might just have to go thru the Supremes, just like (due to the election snag) they did in 2000.

Dingle Dangle Damit, can't we even get the Primary in order?

We are supposed to think that this organization will handle the Economy, Defense, Education, Natural Catastrophes, While they can NOT EVEN get their house in order????????????????//

PAAaaaaaaalse, get me BigDick Chaney And Halliburton any day, i can relate to efficacy.

but the silly fools foist fomentation which in turn remains empty.:cool:

betchatoo
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Two weeks ago I would have told you there was no way a Republican could win. Now I'm not so sure. Hillary's "win at any cost" tactics have split the party. Where before 80+% of voters said they would be happy with either candidate, the number is now in the 60's. If Hillary wins the nomination I'm considering voting for McCain. I like people who want to win but not at the cost of a team victory.

JustRalph
03-10-2008, 02:38 PM
and a Gelding can't win the Ky Derby either

oddsmaven
03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
You only had to read the first two sentences of that article to get to the meat of the situation...everything else was somewhat distorted.

I wouldn't know by reading this that Bill Clinton had won by safe margins twice, electorals: 370-168 & 379-159...I had heard after Reagan won twice that the Republicans had an electoral lock for at least many decades to come :rolleyes: ...ooops...I wouldn't know that Al Gore won the popular vote and missed by a mere 500+ disputed individual votes in Florida :bang: ...or that even Kerry had barely lost after the hard to gauge Ohio came in.

I only learned that Ford lost because the poor guy was an unelected president who pissed people off & surely must have been beaten by a major figure...no that's not right! The democrats won that time even with a neophite running.

Somehow Ross Perot who siphoned votes from both sides, suddenly was proclaimed to have greatly aided Clinton, which I guess becomes the take on that from any blatantly biased types, like this author...all you have to do is wonder why NOTHING was said about Ralph Nader :ThmbDown: by this guy (where we know from exit polls, that he cost Gore both Florida & New Hampshire).

The Dems may lose this time because we don't know how much impact running a black or woman will have...it's a risk in a situation when they should be in the driver's seat, but I still think they would probably win...there is an awful lot of turnout in the primaries and tons of people tuned into some debates...big turnout does not bode well for the GOP.

skate
03-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey, lookey here, if we go back to 1956, we also had 48 states share in the elections.

Who really needs Flo/Mich voters anyway?

DJofSD
03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
and a Gelding can't win the Ky Derby either

Elect McCain--he's too old to get it up!

betchatoo
03-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Elect McCain--he's too old to get it up!
Well if he needs help with Cindy I'll become a McCain volunteer