PDA

View Full Version : Just another Impartial Left Wing Judge

JustRalph
03-07-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336008,00.html

The next time you hear that judges are impartial............think about this one

Report: Anti-War Judge Rejects Foster Teen's Bid to Join Marines
Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday, March 07, 2008

A California judge rejected a foster teen's request for early enlistment with the Marine Corps — and a $10,000 signing bonus — reportedly on the grounds that the judge didn't approve of the Iraq war.

Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Marilyn Mackel denied 17-year-old Shawn Sage's request to join the military last October, according to a report in the Los Angeles Daily News.

"The judge said she didn't support the Iraq war for any reason we're over there," Marine recruiter Sgt. Guillermo Medrano of the Simi Valley U.S. Marine Corps recruiting office told the paper.

"She just said all recruiters were the same — that they 'all tap dance and tell me what I want to hear.' She said she didn't want him to fight in it."

Sage, a Simi Valley, Calif., resident, begged the anti-war judge for permission to join, according to the Daily News.

~more at the link ~

wonatthewire1
03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
wow, she's had quite a career across the country...and with a lot of kids in this kid's situation

http://www.metnews.com/articles/comm100702.htm

and pages 6-7 in section C-1 below

http://www.cwla.org/conferences/2006jjsymposium.pdf

giving her age at 64

Robert Goren
03-07-2008, 09:22 PM
So you think that 17 yos should be alowed join up. In my state they can't buy a win ticket on a horse. There is no state where they can buy beer or cigs. He can wait til he is 18. I have never heard any one say that a 17 yo should be able to buy beer unless you count the French who allow them to buy wine.

Tom
03-07-2008, 11:58 PM
A judge's job is to enforce laws. His/her personal opiniion on any subject are totally irrelevant.

This is a California judge - so it goes without saying a biased POS self-appointed dictator. California should be banned fro the Union.

riskman
03-08-2008, 12:11 AM
JR-When I read your post it brought back memories. I was much in the same position when I was seventeen. I took the test for the Army, passed , took the physical then had to get my parents signature on the enlistment papers. My parents refused to sign but did not lecture me on their position -- Vietnam war. Never asked--and they did not volunteer how they felt. They told me to finish High School, which I did--and one month after graduation I was in boot camp.( I was 18 and did not need my parents permission) Wound up in Nam, came home in one piece(I think) finished my enlistment. Went to College on the GI Bill, graduated and never looked back. Thought about re-entering the service after college but career, marriage and children caught up with me.

BombsAway Bob
03-08-2008, 12:12 AM
A judge's job is to enforce laws. His/her personal opiniion on any subject are totally irrelevant.

This is a California judge - so it goes without saying a biased POS self-appointed dictator. California should be banned fro the Union.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

slewis
03-08-2008, 01:26 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336008,00.html

The next time you hear that judges are impartial............think about this one

Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday, March 07, 2008

A California judge rejected a foster teen's request for early enlistment with the Marine Corps — and a $10,000 signing bonus — reportedly on the grounds that the judge didn't approve of the Iraq war.

Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Marilyn Mackel denied 17-year-old Shawn Sage's request to join the military last October, according to a report in the Los Angeles Daily News.

"The judge said she didn't support the Iraq war for any reason we're over there," Marine recruiter Sgt. Guillermo Medrano of the Simi Valley U.S. Marine Corps recruiting office told the paper.

"She just said all recruiters were the same — that they 'all tap dance and tell me what I want to hear.' She said she didn't want him to fight in it."

Sage, a Simi Valley, Calif., resident, begged the anti-war judge for permission to join, according to the Daily News.

~more at the link ~

I love when I read posts like this.

You're quoting this Marine Sgt who, in HIS biased opinion, is telling the reporter what the judge said. Did you read the transcript of this case?
I wouldn't doubt that the judge said that recruiters will "tap dance and tell a kid what they want to hear" to get them to inlist. BECAUSE IT"S TRUE.
BUT, she is acting as guardian in this decision, as a parent, in her judgement, and is siding on the side of caution... and letting the kid wait until he's 18.
I SEE NOTHING LEFT WING ABOUT THAT!!!
If the marine sargeant is quoting the judge regarding her opinion of the war, it's irrelevent because she probably has to apply the law by precedent and has little leeway. I have a good friend who's a judge and she has her opinions in life but she must apply the law and use good discretion which I think this judge did. Judges are held accountable and have supervisors.
The judge, as guardian, won't risk the life of a juvenile by ok-ing this move and I agree, view on the war aside. Sorry Ralph, her years of wisdom trump here and I think even Anton Scalia would rule the same way, less the personal opinion of the war.
BUT...Ralphy-boy.... I think most reasonable adults would agree... wait till your 18 (maybe you'll realize that you could get killed over there, which would suck since it would be FOR NOTHING)
Unless you think like John Mccain... my friends, "we will never surrender"
That piece of shit would still have us at war in Viet-nam if you use his line of thinking.
So now, lets start a new discussion........
Why have we become so weak as a country??
Why if Mutadr-Al-Sadir's men are in a holy Mosque, firing at our troops, do we tell our boys not to blow it up?
Why do we win a war and dismantle a Military AND REMOVE A DICTATOR in 3 weeks and then cant control it's people and restore order?
Why? Because we have become weak as a nation. We care what the rest of the world thinks and what's politcally correct, which keeps us from doing what needs to be done.
If your going to invade a country, do it the right way, if your going to war, do it the right way... Invade first and destroy the opposing Military, which we did. Then, announce Martial law controling all the media, radio and TV. Anyone seen with a gun is shot and killed on site.
Next, level as much of the country killing as many civillians as needed to show everyone you mean business... forget the Geneva conventions... this is too crucial to longterm peace in that area, and maybe here too, to worry about that shit.
If Bush was gonna do this for the OIL, stability in the region, or if he just didn't like that Hotel Saddam built with his fathers face in the lobby for people to trample on, whatever the F-in reason.. DO IT RIGHT, or dont do it at all.
Instead, he created a mess we cant get out of, which has burried our economy. Do you think General Patton would be "surging" right now? or would he be saying "these people hate our guts anyway, lets steamroll em, take the oil, and have a stronger western presence in the region."
And as far as this "surge" working... how gullible can the American people be?
This war is costing us BILLIONS of dollars a week. Al-Quaidr KNOWS this. IRAN knows this. Of course they'll back off a bit, and make it seem as if things are turning around, while we mortgage our children's future, and our county. THE LAST THING THEY WANT IS FOR US TO LEAVE!!!!!!!
And we are falling right into the trap. If a Dem gets elected, and they pull us out, you'll see havoc there, and probably a terror attack here, and everyone will say "you see, we should have stayed"... Stay there with John Mccain at 3 billion a week and watch the US economy go bye-bye. So now Ralphy-boy.. and every other genius who's been arguing DEM-REP bullshit on this forum... choose your poison.

JustRalph
03-08-2008, 01:55 AM
You can call me Ralph or Justralph................SLewis

Tom has it right.

Tom
03-08-2008, 10:09 AM
SLewis, if Al Qeda and Iran know anything, it is they have friends here who will leave the door open for them. If the shoe fits.......

The Judge
03-08-2008, 10:28 AM
in thing in doing it right is for Congress to declare War not the President.

GaryG
03-08-2008, 10:40 AM

This is a California judge - so it goes without saying a biased POS self-appointed dictator. California should be banned fro the Union.Got my vote....sorry chickie, mack, ken, toe, DJ and others.

slewis
03-08-2008, 11:25 AM
SLewis, if Al Qeda and Iran know anything, it is they have friends here who will leave the door open for them. If the shoe fits.......

Not sure what you mean by "If the shoe fits".... but before you jump to conclusions, I'll tell you your talking to a guy who worked on the 84th floor of the World Trade Center. A guy who had EVERYONE he worked with killed on 9-11.
So before you suggest anything, you now know how much closer I am to this terrorist stuff then proabably anyone on this forum.

But if I'm reading your silly logic correctly, and you believe John Mccain's theory about "If we leave Iraq, the terrorists will have a place to grow and train and we'll be fighting them here" nonsense, you've been duped like the rest of America.
The bottom line is that if we control our borders.... CUT off ALL immigration until we can get control of our sovereignty, terrorists can train in IRAQ or whereever and we are safe. But corporate big business who control the US wont allow the cheap labor to dry up. The borders will remain open and 12 million illegals, some of which are surely here to destroy us, will stay. I'm alot more concerned about a high IQ student with radical Musim beliefs being allowed (by our Gov't) to attend MIT and learn the technology that he can utilize down the road to destroy this country, then a bunch of kids with AK-47's 9000 miles or more away.

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2008, 02:24 PM
The bottom line is that if we control our borders.... CUT off ALL immigration until we can get control of our sovereignty, terrorists can train in IRAQ or whereever and we are safe. But corporate big business who control the US wont allow the cheap labor to dry up. The borders will remain open and 12 million illegals, some of which are surely here to destroy us, will stay. I'm alot more concerned about a high IQ student with radical Musim beliefs being allowed (by our Gov't) to attend MIT and learn the technology that he can utilize down the road to destroy this country, then a bunch of kids with AK-47's 9000 miles or more away.I'm inclined to agree....however, that horse left the barn a long time ago. The time to control the border was right after 9/11, not almost ten years later.

Slewis has made quite a number of good points, but none of them work in reality. We are where we are at the moment. We can't go back and work a "do-over" in Iraq.

The next President has to work with the situation as it exists, not as we'd like it to be. Is the best course of action still to simply jump ship? I don't see how that could be the best solution.

ddog
03-09-2008, 05:18 PM
No, we will not be allowed to jump ship.
There are other players in the region we have to kowtow to now that we have bought the place.

We must not allow our forces to be ground down in Iraq.
Iraqi's have had time and seem to have been making some progress, it's time to lay down the law to them and they will step up or not.

Maliki gvt probably will need to be taken out.
Only reason they are still there is us propping them up.
We are bringin back the tribal aspects of gvt which is all the surge has done.

We need to go down to around 30K in Iraq.

They are going to have to step up.

There are as many or more Aq types in Africa NOW as in Iraq.

Where would you be training and grouping , Iraq or somewhere without 160K angry US forces hunting you.

This is just one of the major flaws of us insering ourselves in a major forces clear and hold way anywhere we think AQ maybe forming a base.

Would you be for us going into every African country(so-called) there and bringing "safety and a timeout" so they can get their act together?

If so, then you do intend a 100 year war with our troops going to door to door in the middle of it all over the world.
Got news for you, we will run out of door-kickers before targets.

If you had convinced W that he would be where this thing is back in 01 even HE would not have done it.
That's the kicker, wars don't run to our plan just because a couple of pin-heads draw up a plan in some Washington think tank.

Tom
03-09-2008, 06:25 PM
The next President has to work with the situation as it exists, not as we'd like it to be. Is the best course of action still to simply jump ship? I don't see how that could be the best solution.

And do you honestly believe that McCan't will do anything to secure the borders? I say he is lyong about it now to get votes, but come time to act, he will sell us out once again. The guy is a proven loser.