PDA

View Full Version : We seem to be losing

skate
03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
More students on campus, than we are losing people in Iraq and Afganistan combined.

:bang:

delayjf
03-07-2008, 01:33 PM
That's what happens when you brain wash them and don't deprogram them - right 46?

Tom
03-07-2008, 01:48 PM
We send those poor kids to college with not enough books, with old clothes, with no exit strategy. What do you expect?

RaceBookJoe
03-07-2008, 02:42 PM
We send those poor kids to college with not enough books, with old clothes, with no exit strategy. What do you expect?

You forgot to mention, in a country that is trying to shut God out in every area.

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 02:45 PM
What does a deity have to do with education?

skate
03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I was thinking about taking up a collection, we could then buy the kids a shovel to dig fox holes.

Kind of like, taking their mind of credit cards, which they use to dig their own holes.:rolleyes:

skate
03-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Faith, baby, faith.

tell me if you have a true / false question, and without faith, you leave it blank.

And if you only count on luck, then your God is MR/MRS "Luckey".:kiss:

ddog
03-07-2008, 02:56 PM
You forgot to mention, in a country that is trying to shut God out in every area.

it doesn't seem to be working then.
I have not seen any survey that says belief in a God is less than in the past.

I really wonder about the God everyone has faith in , if a wordly gvt can shut him out.

Something doesn't add up here.

hasn't that been tried on a grander scale over the centuries, yet he is still "in"?

i am of the opinion it's not the shut out , but the practice that gets the blame here if there is any.

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=skate]Faith, baby, faith.

[QUOTE]

In ones self of course, Not extra-worldly mumbo jumbo

RaceBookJoe
03-07-2008, 03:22 PM

Nothing, i actually read it differently. I read losing in terms of deaths as in recent killings in schools/campuses.....and took it as moral decay...my bad, it was an unintentional thread turn.

skate
03-07-2008, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=skate]Faith, baby, faith.

[QUOTE]

In ones self of course, Not extra-worldly mumbo jumbo

Well, yeh, but what you say here needs definition.

"extra wordly.....jumbo?"

like, some people have resources, which to me is just "extra-worldly Mumbo-Jumbo", but i'm OK with that.
Why tell them it's wrong? Only if their hat looks funny.

skate
03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Nothing, i actually read it differently. I read losing in terms of deaths as in recent killings in schools/campuses.....and took it as moral decay...my bad, it was an unintentional thread turn.

Good point.

Twice now.

Tom
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I've heard of Extra Chunky Chicken Gumbo, but is that the same thing?

Mmmm, God.
er, Good.:blush:

riskman
03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I was thinking about taking up a collection, we could then buy the kids a shovel to dig fox holes.

Kind of like, taking their mind of credit cards, which they use to dig their own holes.:rolleyes:

The problem is that fox hole could become their grave.

riskman
03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
More students on campus, than we are losing people in Iraq and Afganistan combined.

:bang:

Mentally, physically or spiritual ?