PDA

View Full Version : The answer to the energy crisis

WeirdWilly
03-07-2008, 12:04 PM
OK, so the "good stewards" of the Earth say, "No more oil! Greenhouse gases! Bad! Bad! We need alternative energy!"

OK, which one?

Windmills won't work because birds fly into them, and they wreck the view.

Hydroelectric won't work because we have to dam rivers and we screw up some species.

Nuclear won't work because, back in the 70s, Jackson Browne and Jane Fonda said, "No Nukes!".

Solar won't work because it covers huge tracts of land with solar panels.

Not sure what the problem with geothermal is, other than the fact that only a few places have stable geothermal sources, and besides, we would probably screw up the mole men's civil rights.

Animal power won't work because we are "exploiting" the poor animals who seek only to eat, mate, poop, and process their feelings. And we are not even sure about the mating part - it's a perpetuation of mysogynistic paternalism for a male horse, ox, etc. to mount a female, who would be much happier surrounded by her "sisters", exploring her sapphic soul.

The only option that would make the ultra greens happy, short of removing the human population of the planet, is for us to go back to prehistoric times. Live in caves without heat, and eat only the dropped surplus of natural fruits and berries (because plants have feelings too!)

Tom
03-07-2008, 12:44 PM
IF windmills, bio fuels and all this other malarkey worked and were sustainable, the market would be producing them, but since the government has to subsidize them, that tells me they just liberish daydreams.

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
The problem is, and as it has been for a long time now, OVER-POPULATION of this planet and species imblance. The carrying capacity of the environment is being overwhelmed. Glad I am in the 6th decade so I won't be around for the end of this phase.

Greyfox
03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
The problem is, and as it has been for a long time now, OVER-POPULATION of this planet and species imblance. .

Tom has the solution for that.:lol:

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Tom has the solution for that.

Yes and poison the survivors with Stontium 90 for about 2 millions years.

WeirdWilly
03-07-2008, 01:16 PM
The problem is, and as it has been for a long time now, OVER-POPULATION of this planet and species imblance. The carrying capacity of the environment is being overwhelmed. Glad I am in the 6th decade so I won't be around for the end of this phase.

And the answer to the supposed overpopulation problem is?

Let me guess...worldwide abortion rights? Procreation available only to prescreened parents, and only through artificial insemination? Mandatory sterilization of the retarded and various other useless eaters?

Don't know if these are YOUR solutions, but some people (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.abortion/browse_thread/thread/df9aff0dc42a0a3/a0a52b38e9c75ead?lnk=st&q=) subscribe to them!

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Let me guess...worldwide abortion rights
Almost every country on the planet has that already. EDUCATION is the key.

skate
03-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Energy crises, fat population, polution, traffic congestion, economic shortfall and the old adducible adjudicator "taking care of Oneself" (self reliance) can be addressed by one topic.

Eliminate "the school bus":eek:

Tom
03-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Yes and poison the survivors with Stontium 90 for about 2 millions years.When I thin the herd, I thin the herd.:D

ddog
03-07-2008, 02:27 PM
IF windmills, bio fuels and all this other malarkey worked and were sustainable, the market would be producing them, but since the government has to subsidize them, that tells me they just liberish daydreams.

Tom,Tom,Tom

Where in the heck did the nuke tech come from?
intelligent design?
noooh, Exxon noooo, ADS , noooo, US Steel , nooooo....

Oh, wait that was some small/tiny/tiny gvt sub called The Man something or other, concentrate HARD , it will come to you one day.

Then the Aec and Reactor Safety Commis,etc. etc.

Never happens without tons spent upfront with no market possible at the time.

Frankly to leave the future of the country up to a profit motive on the part of some unelected person somewhere seems strange to me.
Maybe you are willing to take the gamble.

Also, sorry to burst your nukey nukey on this, but the Nuke industry is waiting for gvt subs to build more and would have never built the others without the very same type of subs you decry.

I am not for sub for windmills at this point , etc. just for a reasoned look at where we go from here.

Despite the obvious mantra that's spewed, gvt subs are not always bad.

socializing the haves risky bets that blew up , now that's bad subs.
talk to the Fed Res about that.

skate
03-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Which brings into play Tom's Theory, Nuke em Now.

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Which brings into play Tom's Theory, Nuke em Now.
Kill the ignorant answer to all problems.

Tom
03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
As a staunch believer in evolution, what else is there but survival of the fittest? With a planet - in your worlds - over-populated, how can we allow ignorance to consume limited resources? After all, it's not like anyone is entitled to live - just random carbon based units without souls - kill the weak, the dumb, the lazy. There is no right or wrong - kill kill kill. How can you make a moral objection to something as essential as death, and, after all, there is no morality in science or evolution.

Do you believe this science stuff and this evolution stuff or not? You seem to be trying to insert things into it that do not exist or belong. Wassup widat??:p

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
You have no fundamental understanding of evolution so proposing aspects of it for discussion would be akin to speaking with my cat.

skate
03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
You have no fundamental understanding of evolution so proposing aspects of it for discussion would be akin to speaking with my cat.

so , now we must first talk to your friggin cat, huh?

Tom
03-07-2008, 03:34 PM

Then tell me specifially what I said that was not true.

IS there morality in evolution?
WHY should we allow lesser beings to consume our resources?
Is anyone entitled to live?
Is so, why, and where does that right come from?
If some poeple have a right to live, do other animals have that right?
IF not, why not?

C'mon, DUDE.....put up or shut up. Making general statements and then calling me ignorant on the subject doesn't cut it. You have demonstrated zero knowledge on the subject, so c'm on DUDE......ENLIGHTEN us.
(No links - YOU tell us...if your know)

Or you just as ignorant as me?????:lol::lol::lol:

Can't answer any of the questions, can you?
Where are YOU on the evolutionary scale....somewhere behind me I guess - at least I'm far enough along to ASK the questions.

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Come here Jeff....that's the cat. He always has good things to say and intelligently too.

skate
03-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Come here Jeff....that's the cat. He always has good things to say and intelligently too.

Yeh, see, now you are making sense, now i understand where you are coming from, and just how your thinking is developed.:eek:

chickenhead
03-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I've always been really glad my cats can't talk.

skate
03-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh, but you must listen, closely.

From the cats lips, to the ears of 46.

The reason for our existence, lay in every Pussy, but listen...

DJofSD
03-07-2008, 04:47 PM

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

B.S.

UN Rome committe redux.

Go read about Malthus. Then think about what's happen between then and now.

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 05:30 PM
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

B.S.

UN Rome committe redux.

Go read about Malthus. Then think about what's happen between then and now.
Species disappearing with subsequent life cycles destroyed (honey bees for one), quality of life declining, oceans and rivers polluted....he was right as the old Jewish proverb explains "Don't shit where you eat."

Tom
03-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Species going extinct?
Damn good thing!