PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct weather Saturday

ny0707ny
03-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Anyone thinks they will be racing? It looks like a lot of rain coming. They got the Gotham Saturday. Track will probably be muddy. If they race it will be tough to get a read on the horses on an off track though my pick of Roman Emperor will still stand since Empire Maker seemed to like the mud.

Norm
03-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I was really disappointed when I saw the forecast. It looks like a great card for handicapping, almost every race playable. But, the forecast calls not just for rain but heavy rain starting in early morning and continuing throughout the racing day with moderate winds (30 mph) and a severe flood warning for the region. You would need to handicap not for mudders but for swimmers. They will probably not cancel because of the Gotham Stakes, but the forecast sure 'dampens' one's enthusiasm for the card.

MickJ26
03-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I was really disappointed when I saw the forecast. It looks like a great card for handicapping, almost every race playable. But, the forecast calls not just for rain but heavy rain starting in early morning and continuing throughout the racing day with moderate winds (30 mph) and a severe flood warning for the region. You would need to handicap not for mudders but for swimmers. They will probably not cancel because of the Gotham Stakes, but the forecast sure 'dampens' one's enthusiasm for the card.

What if the jockeys decide not to ride?
NYRA should've moved The Gotham to Sunday.

OTM Al
03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Unless the wind is worse, they should be running as the temps will be in the 50s. Just a nasty sloppy track to deal with in all likelihood though.