PDA

View Full Version : Get A Grip

bigmack
03-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Pro golfer Tripp Isenhour faces charges for killing hawk

The 39-year-old player, whose real name is John Henry Isenhour III, became angry while filming “Shoot Like A Pro” on Dec. 12 at the Grand Cypress Golf Club—his home course—when a squawking red-shouldered hawk forced another take.

He got in his golf cart and drove closer to the bird, then 300 yards away, and starting hitting balls at it. The bird didn’t move and Isenhour gave up and drove away.

Isenhour started again when the hawk moved within about 75 yards, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officer Brian Baine indicated in a report.

Isenhour allegedly said, “I’ll get him now,” and aimed for the hawk.

“About the sixth ball came very near the bird’s head, and (Isenhour) was very excited that it was so close,” Baine wrote.

A few shots later, witnesses said he hit the hawk. The bird, protected as a migratory species, fell to the ground bleeding from both nostrils.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-golfer-birdkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

chickenhead
03-07-2008, 01:03 AM
is this guy 39, or 9?

bigmack
03-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Hard to believe not a soul around did anything about this loon.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I could sit in a room with anything/anyone for an hour with the exception of a neurotic golfer. Stone cold, the worst thing to be around in the history of worst things.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Red-shouldered-Hawk-flight-.jpg
(Red Shouldered Hawk)

Dave Schwartz
03-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Hard to believe not a soul around did anything about this loon.

Are we talking about the bird or the golfer here?

:lol:

Grits
03-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm not a PETA member, never have been; nor am I a nuts and berries tree hugging type either. But I do respect all living things, and admit a deep soft spot for birds--all of them.

I hope this SOB is fined to the max by the state of Florida and I hope he is dogged by this act. The hawk was in his/her own environment, doing what is natural to him/her. There could have been a nest holding babies close by causing the hawk to give warning--making those around aware.

This dude's not only a second rate golfer, he's a second rate human being. And if he thinks the chance to tell his "story" will make any of this, premeditated poor choice of his, any better--he's sadly mistaken.

Mediocrity can be so cumbersome.

And the dude with PGA concluding "people have too much time on their hands" regarding their concern about the killing of the hawk . . . he ain't too damn bright either.

Now and then, I can make it from 0-to-Bitch in .03 flat. This one may be a new record.

kenwoodallpromos
03-08-2008, 11:30 AM
When I was a golf range worker, a similar hawk got its talons stuck in the netting and was hanging upside down. I had to go out and (with heavy gloves) clip some of the netting and free the thing. Nobody tried to hit it in the meantime, but they sometimes try to hit birds flying low across the range.

toetoe
03-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I nominate Burt Reynolds for the role of the avian victim in the inevitable T-V docu-drama. "Hawk --- The Niblicks and Gravy Story." :(

No laughing matter, though. Al Gore told me bird golf is the greatest threat we face. Oh no, wait. I think it was styrofoam coffee cups. Or was it ... hmm, people using too many sheets of toilet tissue per wipe ? :confused: Well, one of those.

Overlay
03-08-2008, 04:26 PM
No laughing matter, though. Al Gore told me bird golf is the greatest threat we face. Oh no, wait. I think it was styrofoam coffee cups. Or was it ... hmm, people using too many sheets of toilet tissue per wipe ? :confused: Well, one of those.

I've suggested solutions to Al for all those problems, but he said that each of my ideas was a risky scheme.

toetoe
03-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Well *I* say that's just an excuse, Mr. Frank ... X. ... FARRELL(sp.?) !!! ;)

Greyfox
03-08-2008, 05:31 PM
The rules of golf allow for the shooting of birdies and eagles, and maybe an albatross (double eagle.) In my own wicked play I've even shot a "Moose" (10 pointer) and a "Snowman" (8.)

I'm for maxing the fine against this s.o.b. wise guy.