PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Feb 6 (Chalk City!)

rrbauer
02-06-2003, 04:52 PM
1st race went to a 3/5 shot and Lafitt was about the same to win R2.

Later on, for the late P3, I have a couple opinions. First, I just saw the odds for R3. Urgent Start #7 is 3/5. Tianna Road #3 is 8-1. This is 5.5f and I'm sure that #3 will get the lead. Urgent Start is a grinder type and if 'Road gets away she could be tough to catch at the distance. A few bob on 'Road and naturally the exacta up/down.

Now the P3:

R6
There are two firsters in here that caught my eye. The ML fav, Nancys Magic Brush #1, and Sunny Snowbound #6. Of the horses that have run only the #5 Shelby's Too Smart and the #10 Runbeforethewind look like possibilities. #1 has some very nice works and if she breaks running will take some catching.

R7
There are some smokers in this one. #8 Devil's Horn and #2 Primerica will be out winging. #6 Thunder Bullet will be tracking and seems to like this layout. If the speed gets crazy up front, look for #5 Golden Dragon to be closing like Silky Sullivan. He needs a clean trip at this distance.

R8
#5 First Insight shortens up and catches a soft field. Look for Lafitt to ride this guy very aggressively from the gitgo. The speed inside of Lafitt figures to be throwing up before they reach the 1/8th pole. #6 Wheaton One ran good enough to win last time and has been freshened with good works since raced. Pedroza stays here. Ward also has a firster here, #10 Smoke's Bounty. Ward is very cagey and don't get caught off guard because Pincay and Pedroza (his two main riders) are elsewhere. This guy can run a little. They initially got him ready to run at Prairie Meadows last spring. I have a 5f gate drill for him there of 59:2 on a "good" track.

I'll spread a couple P3's using everything mentioned and then double-dip with emphasis on the #1 in R6; on the #2 and #5 in R7; and, on the #5 in R8.

Go Baby Go

R7

rrbauer
02-06-2003, 07:58 PM
R3
Right idea wrong horse. Tianna Road ($10W@7-1) got nailed by the #1 out of the gate and took up. Meanwhile Lafitt sent Gold Sugar and never looked back. Urgent Start couldn't keep up and lost 2nd late. Only good thing was that I got shut out on my exacta's.

R6
The #5 and #10 went early with the #6 tracking. #6 took over off the turn and was looking good. But, the #1 who got away slowly, came outside and finally ran down the #6 late. Killer beat because of double-dips on a 6-1 shot and a $12W bet on it. Still I'm live in the P3.

R7
The #8 went right away with the #2 tracking in 3rd and the #6 in 4th. The #5 was DFL. Mid-stretch the #6 collared the #8 and went on to win. #8 was 2nd. #2 was 3rd. #5 was along late for 4th. P3 still alive and I kicked off a few doubles to the #6 and #10 in R8 because I only have them 4 and 2 times respectively in the P3. I have the #5 7 times.

R8
Told you that Ward was a cagey guy. The #10 popped and collared the cheap speed and had the lead by the 3/8 pole. The #6 was tracking in 3rd and the #5 was 4th. The #10 kept on and held off the #6 with a 50-1 shot getting up for 3rd. My #5 was back in the pack by then. Got a $67 DD and a $172 P3 (both for a deuce). I had $87 in the P3 and $22 in the DD so I'm OK. If the #6 wins the 6th then I'm doin' some finger poppin!

Later!

Suff
02-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Keep plugging RR... I Like your take....