PDA

View Full Version : Youbet Twilight Zone#*/*&!!!!

098poi
03-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I shared this today on At the Races so if you heard my ramblings already my apologies.

This morning before work I handicapped the first at Aqueduct and planned to make a phone wager on Youbet as I was working. I made a $4 win bet on the 3 and a $2 ex box on 3,5,6. Total bet $16. At around 12:40 I called YB and the automated system said my balance hadn't changed. O.K. I lost I thought or maybe the first race today is at 1:00.(I knew they were changing soon) So I go through the menu to see if the results are in and sure enough Aq R1 finished,3-5-2. The voice proceeds to tell me that the 3 paid $23.80 and the 1 dollar ex paid $60.25. :ThmbUp: Well I had the 3 twice and 2 dollars on the exacta. I was very pleased. I listened to my balance again and the balance was still the same. Hmmm, did I not confirm my wager? I got in touch with customer service and she looked at my account. She goes, "I see two wagers", and then I jumped in and said I won but it is not reflected in my balance. She said to wait a second and comes back and says, "Aqueducts first race doesn't go off for 18 minutes"!!!!!!!! I said WHAT, and she assured me that the race had not happened yet. I then told her I must have heard YESTERDAYS results! She kind of chuckled and I expressed that I was not pleased. She said she would tell them to turn off the old results. After I hung up I was very deflated and thought I'll never win now. I was right, my 3 was off the board but the 6 won and the 5 was third with the 2 in the middle.(My bet was 3,5,6 box) It added insult to injury. I made a wager, I lost, fine but I don't need that much emotional turmoil over 16 bucks!!!!
Oh well, as Ralph Kramden once said, "Pins and needles, needles and pins, a happy man is a man that grins"!:p

Ron
03-07-2008, 10:46 PM
I hope that you are ok.

098poi
03-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Yes I am, and thanks for the concern.:D I am still scratching my head at how that happened. Someday it will turn around and I will handicap a race that ran the day before and wager on todays race, and WIN!!!!

DrunkenHorseplayer
03-08-2008, 03:36 AM
About a decade ago I was in a bar in Oregon that simo'd horses and dogs and several people were betting the dogs while losing most bets but winning a few. I was looking at the dog program and noticed that there were several dogs in the race that had great chances and that appeared to be absurd overlays; it took me about 30 seconds to think to check the date on the program and, sure enough, these people in the bar were betting today's races using yesterday's program and didn't have a clue. Funniest thing I ever saw at an OTB.