PDA

View Full Version : NYRA Stewards

aaron
03-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Did anyone see the 2nd race at Aqueduct today ? It looked to me like Olivine was held in the gate. The stewards did not even look at the race. I'm not saying the money should have been refunded,but the race should have been looked at.
I would appreciate any opinions from those who saw the head on.

bigmack
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Twas a funky out for Olivine but I didn't see anything that would warrant a stewards review.

Dahoss9698
03-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, shockingly CC Lopez was on Olivine. I've watched the replay a bunch of times and I still can't figure out what happened. But for there not even to be an inquiry is a joke.

aaron
03-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Dahoss-
Thats how I felt.

Bobzilla
03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Not that it would have been a great Pick 4 but I did have Olivine singled to start the sequence, so watching the beginning of the race was a nauseating experience. All the Equibase chart says is "unprepared for start", and that's it. I wish I knew what really happened. I was hoping she'd be declared a non-starter. Maybe she's been watching tapes of Evening Attire's starts and wants to be just like the venerable old gray.

onefast99
03-06-2008, 10:13 PM
The horse hit the gate that was all and had zero chance after that.

Dahoss9698
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
The horse hit the gate that was all and had zero chance after that.

Not exactly. Why don't you check out the head on.

bigmack
03-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Not exactly. Why don't you check out the head on.
You've already stated you've watched it several times and couldn't figure out what went on. Let's say you're a steward, what do you do now?

Arguably, I see 10 starts like that a day.

Dahoss9698
03-06-2008, 10:53 PM
You've already stated you've watched it several times and couldn't figure out what went on. Let's say you're a steward, what do you do now?

Arguably, I see 10 starts like that a day.

Clearly it's more than the horse hitting the gate. I don't think she even hit the gate, it looks like she brushes it. To me, it looks like the starter is holding the horse and doesn't let go until the other horses are a stride or two out of the gate. Shouldn't that be a refund?

bigmack
03-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Clearly it's more than the horse hitting the gate. I don't think she even hit the gate, it looks like she brushes it. To me, it looks like the starter is holding the horse and doesn't let go until the other horses are a stride or two out of the gate. Shouldn't that be a refund?
When's the last time you heard of a refund as a result of starter malfeasance?

That was my initial take though push comes to shove and one could make a sound argument that she was unready for the start.

It's a fender bender here, I'd move along.

Fife, out.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/image.jpg

The Bit
03-06-2008, 11:58 PM
When's the last time you heard of a refund as a result of starter malfeasance?

That was my initial take though push comes to shove and one could make a sound argument that she was unready for the start.

It's a fender bender here, I'd move along.

Fife, out.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/image.jpg

I thought this took place a few times at Saratoga this summer? Phantom Income comes to mind, in one of the 2 year old filly stakes. She was the 2nd choice.

It must be in the New York water, because the people at Yonkers can't declare a race official fast enough. I can't even navigate back to my home better page before the money is posted to my account.