PDA

View Full Version : Ugly stuff

jognlope
03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2008/March/04/Sponge-found-in-Golden-Velvet-after-Sabin-dead-heat.aspx

firstofftheclaim
03-06-2008, 02:07 PM
who would do it?

jognlope
03-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Not Kieran, but I don't know. No one on my other site has any idea.

Shenanigans
03-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow, that should say something about the poor horse. She was running with only one nostril open. The whole point of sponging is to stop the horse and most it does. She's a tough one.

Shenanigans
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Not Kieran, but I don't know. No one on my other site has any idea.

I don't think the trainer of the horse being sponged would be the suspect.

kenwoodallpromos
03-07-2008, 10:39 AM
So how long could it have been in there? I assume the horse was not noprmally any kind of a bleeder or maybe they would have found it days or weeks ago?

Shenanigans
03-07-2008, 08:10 PM
The article stated the groom noticed a foul smell coming from the horses' nostril. My guess would be however long it takes a sponge in a moist, foreign environment to start rotting and cause infection. Maybe a week?

ralph_the_cat
03-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Of course it was a stable employee, few others could possibly get to the horse besides a stable employee... stable employees screw with trainers more than anyone, a large number of bad tests come from stable employees, under paid, some overworked... A stable employee unloaded his pay check on the other horse in the race, knowing his horse is a nostril down, unfortunately the stable employee was as smart as a stable employee, and he didnt place the sponge in the best area, more than likely, he was the shmuck that found it...:D ...

Read up on the P.O.S. Trainer, Sipp, too learn more about the good, the bad, and the ugly of stable employees...

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Stable employee? Perhaps.

I think many would be surprised just how easy it is to wander the backstretch of most American racetracks and slip into any barn you choose, relatively undetected.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-09-2008, 03:07 PM
This reminds me - this horse is racing back today at GP - Race 9 #2 Golden Velvet.